Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must win!
I guess we can be excited about a "must win" in November. If that's what you want to call week 9 against Cleveland. Is this a must win? It's been awhile if so.

I believe it is.

What needs to happen?
What should at least happen?
What will happen?

I'll start...

We need to keep Burrow under center and run the ball.
We should score 30+ even with a "down" outing from the Offense.
What will happen? We lose a close one. They'll be up for a division game at home, but the defense will struggle to stop Cleveland's run game. Their Oline can dominate even missing a tackle. They are coached well. The D will play better than they did against the JET's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I can’t call it a must win when there will still be 8 games left with the Bengals a max 1.5 games out of first place in the division and 2 games out of first place in the conference.

It’s close though…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to make a statement in this game against the Browns.Show everbody that the Jets game was just a fluke,and that they are back in business.The Packers got a loss handed to them in the first game of the season,in a game they were supposed to win.They’ve won every game since.
Reply/Quote
Idk about must win, but IF they lose this one I think general belief in this team will be nearly nonexistent. I’m pretty nervous for it honestly, just feel like going 5-4 and feeling miserable into a bye week is the norm lol
Reply/Quote
It's not a must win, but the Jets loss sure puts a big spotlight on this divisional game.

Yet a win going into bye week would be huge for team morale to say the least.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bengals are 3-7 after the bye in the last 10 years. 5-14-1 in the last 20 years. They've lost the last 5 in a row. They play at the Raiders coming off the bye this year.

In those terms...this is a "must win". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Its a must win.because it's a AFC North game.
The North is such a tightly contested division.
1.5 games separates 1st from 4th.
Beating the Browns essentially ends their season.
The Browns have owned the Bengals of late.
Reply/Quote
It's must win. Legitimate championship caliber teams treat EVERY game as must win - no game is disposable. Plus it is divisional. Also they need to get the foul taste of the Jets debacle out of their heads and mouths. Win and postseason remains a slim hope. Lose and they might as well have not bothered with all the offseason work. Right now they are nothing but the Same Old Bungles. The only way to earn not being that is winning.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:55 AM)Joelist Wrote: It's must win. Legitimate championship caliber teams treat EVERY game as must win - no game is disposable. Plus it is divisional. Also they need to get the foul taste of the Jets debacle out of their heads and mouths. Win and postseason remains a slim hope. Lose and they might as well have not bothered with all the offseason work. Right now they are nothing but the Same Old Bungles. The only way to earn not being that is winning.

Why would you say this when they are right now locked in as a Wildcard. A loss might give us a slim hope at the playoffs, a win helps solidify our current position.
Reply/Quote
EVERY game is a must win, unless you've locked up the #1 seed with a game or more left to play.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote