Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 1/9 mock
Using fanspeak with their big board and user voted needs.

12: R1P12
G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME

46: R2P14
G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE

77: R3P13
TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA

100: R3P36
CB J.C. JACKSON
MARYLAND

114: R4P12
S DAMON WEBB
OHIO STATE

153: R5P14
LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA

172: R5P33
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA

191: R6P13
OT ALEX CAPPA
HUMBOLDT STATE

251: R7P32
DL MICHAEL HILL
OHIO STATE

253: R7P34
OT IKE BOETTGER
IOWA

254: R7P35
QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS

Thoughts on the oline
Bodine becomes left tackle
Redmon becomes right tackle
Nelson at left guard

Center competition between Westerman, Price, and Daniels

Either Westerman or Price at right guard

Daniels backup center

Alex Cappa and Ike Boettiger replace ogbuehi and Winston on the roster

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 07:13 PM)Storer50 Wrote: Using fanspeak with their big board and user voted needs.

G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME

G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE

TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA

CB J.C. JACKSON
MARYLAND

S DAMON WEBB
OHIO STATE

LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA

C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA

OT ALEX CAPPA
HUMBOLDT STATE

DL MICHAEL HILL
OHIO STATE

OT IKE BOETTGER
IOWA

QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS

Thoughts on the oline
Nelson at left guard

Daniels backup center

HELL NO to boling at left tackle. He was garbage. If rather have ogbuehi fr another year and have left tackle solidified. Instead of Damon Webb pick I would change that to jamarco Jones. A top 5 left tackle in nfl potential. And no way in hell Andrews lasts till round 3. Change that to deshon Elliot. And Josey Jewell is a round 2 lb.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 07:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: HELL NO to boling at left tackle. He was garbage. If rather have ogbuehi fr another year and have left tackle solidified. Instead of Damon Webb pick I would change that to jamarco Jones. A top 5 left tackle in nfl potential. And no way in hell Andrews lasts till round 3. Change that to deshon Elliot. And Josey Jewell is a round 2 lb.

first of all boling graded out at  84.2 which was 2nd best in the league in week 17, and this is a fanspeak mock which means you pick what is available so the picks are always a little off
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:08 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: first of all boling graded out at  84.2 which was 2nd best in the league in week 17, and this is a fanspeak mock which means you pick what is available so the picks are always a little off.
Yeah but I always try to make it realistic. And boling gave up a lot if pressures in week 17 and 3 sacks in week 16 to one of the worst dlines in the nfl.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 07:13 PM)Storer50 Wrote: Using fanspeak with their big board and user voted needs.

G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME

G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE

TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA

CB J.C. JACKSON
MARYLAND

S DAMON WEBB
OHIO STATE

LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA

C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA

OT ALEX CAPPA
HUMBOLDT STATE

DL MICHAEL HILL
OHIO STATE

OT IKE BOETTGER
IOWA

QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS

Thoughts on the oline
Nelson at left guard

Daniels backup center

Multiple Hawkeyes and an Irish OL?  Is this heaven?  Damn nice mock, sir!  Damn nice. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

G QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME

G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE

TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA

CB J.C. JACKSON
MARYLAND

S DAMON WEBB
OHIO STATE

LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA

C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA

OT ALEX CAPPA
HUMBOLDT STATE

DL MICHAEL HILL
OHIO STATE

OT IKE BOETTGER
IOWA

QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS

Thoughts on the oline
Nelson at left guard

Daniels backup center

I like this mock a lot. Hope it happens this way. 

The one person who I keep finding myself zeroing in on is Andrews. I think he's the best TE in this draft.
Reply/Quote
Nice mock. Would absolutely love Price in the 2nd round, but like other threads have discussed, unlikely he will be available there.

Also seen some mocks with TE Mark Andrews going in the 1st round unfortunately. Would be ok with him in 2nd or 3rd round, but this team has much bigger needs than TE in first round.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah but I always try to make it realistic. And boling gave up a lot if pressures in week 17 and 3 sacks in week 16 to one of the worst dlines in the nfl.

Wrong.

In week 16 according to PFF, Boling gave up 1 sack, 1 hit, and two additional pressures.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-26-detroit-lions-17
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wrong.

In week 16 according to PFF, Boling gave up 1 sack, 1 hit, and two additional pressures.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-26-detroit-lions-17

I was also counting the one where ziggy forced Andy to run out of bounds resulting in a sack. And the third they must have gave to the te as a sack given up. Point still holds. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 05:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I was also counting the one where ziggy forced Andy to run out of bounds resulting in a sack. And the third they must have gave to the te as a sack given up. Point still holds.

I disagree that your point still holds because you can't prove that the fault of either of those sacks was because of Boling, yet you are trying to blame him for them.
Where is your proof of your claim that this was because of Boling?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 10:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I disagree that your point still holds because you can't prove that the fault of either of those sacks was because of Boling, yet you are trying to blame him for them.

He doesn't have any proof, but he can tell you how much Boling weighs to within a pound just by looking at him. That's his Xmen mutation. He's a pretty big deal on the state fair carnie circuit guessing people's weight. No one ever wins a stuffed animal at his booth.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He doesn't have any proof, but he can tell you how much Boling weighs to within a pound just by looking at him. That's his Xmen mutation.   He's a pretty big deal on the state fair carnie circuit guessing people's weight. No one ever wins a stuffed animal at his booth.

I used to work at Guess Your Age and Weight at King's Island, so when it comes to experience doing that from looking at someone, I'd trust my own guess compared to someone with no experience Smirk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 10:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I disagree that your point still holds because you can't prove that the fault of either of those sacks was because of Boling, yet you are trying to blame him for them.

Ziggy beat Boling. That much is clear. Andy could have thrown the ball away. Sure. But at minimum it's a bad about pressure. And they got tons of pressure both games from.the Lt spot. He had a high grade BC he did what he does best which is run block. If we draft 2 starting guards and a center, then I'm fine switching Boling. But if we don't keep ur one average starter where he is.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:08 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: first of all boling graded out at  84.2 which was 2nd best in the league in week 17, and this is a fanspeak mock which means you pick what is available so the picks are always a little off

For a guy that doesn't play LT in the NFL, Boling did a yeoman's job filling in.  Much applause to him.

However, that was against one crappy DL, and the other against defenders that he's used to facing twice per year.  I'd be very surprised if the team had any intentions of keeping Clint in that role, heading into next season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 07:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ziggy beat Boling. That much is clear. Andy could have thrown the ball away. Sure. But at minimum it's a bad about pressure. And they got tons of pressure both games from.the Lt spot. He had a high grade BC he did what he does best which is run block. If we draft 2 starting guards and a center, then I'm fine switching Boling. But if we don't keep ur one average starter where he is.

What much is clear? Once again, do you have proof of this? I don’t record games and I don’t recall this particular moment you speak of.

And by no means am I saying Boling is a good LT, but you are making him out to be worse than he was. You even pointed out his run blocking helped boost his stock, yet you talk like run block is so much less value than pass blocking...why? If run blocking results in the Bengals winning, I don’t give a damn about pass blocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I love this mock. I'd keep Boling where he is and go with a strong middle three. Fisher and Ogbuehi can battle for left tackle while Smith can resume his role at right tackle. If Andrews isn't available at that spot, Fumagali would be a nice substitute. I got the following at Fanspeak with a few trades myself:
17: R1P17
S DERWIN JAMES
FLORIDA STATE
35: R2P3
C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
48: R2P16
LB MALIK JEFFERSON
TEXAS
117: R4P15
TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN
120: R4P18
CB JC JACKSON
MARYLAND
147: R5P8
G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA
156: R5P17
CB BRANDON FACYSON
VIRGINIA TECH
LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 07:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For a guy that doesn't play LT in the NFL, Boling did a yeoman's job filling in.  Much applause to him.

However, that was against one crappy DL, and the other against defenders that he's used to facing twice per year.  I'd be very surprised if the team had any intentions of keeping Clint in that role, heading into next season.

I totally agree.  PS hello from Cary, NC.  
Reply/Quote