Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My #1 Prospect
Given where we will most likely draft and what we may need. Here is the top 3 I'm currently looking at to take in the 1st:

ANDREW BILLINGS/DT/ Baylor- At 6’2” 310lbs Billings broke Mark Henry’s “The Strongest man that ever lived” High School combined power-lift record: 500 bench, 805 squat, 705 dead. The power we need at the point of attack in the run game.

KENDALL FULLER/CB / VT- Kendall is the most talented of a talented trio of brothers. His older siblings are already playing on Sundays. Kendall recently suffered a season ending injury; given our propensity to bring along draft picks (especially DBs). Kendall makes perfect sense if he declares.

COREY COLEMAN/WR / Baylor - Corey is the only thing this offense is missing (worthy of a first round pick). Compact, jitterbug WR, that excels in the run game. But don't think Corey is just a niche player; he is very productive.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 08:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Given where we will most likely draft and what we may need. Here is the top 3 I'm currently looking at to take in the 1st:

ANDREW BILLINGS/DT/ Baylor- At 6’2” 310lbs Billings broke Mark Henry’s “The Strongest man that ever lived” High School combined power-lift record: 500 bench, 805 squat, 705 dead.  The power we need at the point of attack in the run game.

KENDALL FULLER/CB / VT- Kendall is the most talented of a talented trio of brothers. His older siblings are already playing on Sundays. Kendall recently suffered a season ending injury; given our propensity to bring along draft picks (especially DBs). Kendall makes perfect sense if he declares.

COREY COLEMAN/WR / Baylor - Corey is the only thing this offense is missing (worthy of a first round pick). Compact, jitterbug WR, that excels in the run game. But don't think Corey is just a niche player; he is very productive.
 I like Billings, he's definitely getting some favorable comparisons now (Suh--might be a tad premature).  

Injuries are risks, not just delays.  I certainly see what you're saying, but at the same time I'm cautious about taking  1)ANOTHER cb in the first, and 2) a potential redshirt/injury risk.

That said, if we're looking at Miles Jack around our pick, I may ease up on that belief in a hurry.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 07:36 AM)TGISunday Wrote:  I like Billings, he's definitely getting some favorable comparisons now (Suh--might be a tad premature).  

Injuries are risks, not just delays.  I certainly see what you're saying, but at the same time I'm cautious about taking  1)ANOTHER cb in the first, and 2) a potential redshirt/injury risk.

That said, if we're looking at Miles Jack around our pick, I may ease up on that belief in a hurry.

The thing about drafting CBs early is that it is the best way to get a good one cheap. Look at our very own Leon Hall. $9.6 Mil against the cap and is no longer a top CB in the NFL. Pac Man will be a 33 year old FA next year. This is a passing league; I'd have no problem going CB again.

Reply/Quote
Fuller got toasted against OSU, but I still like the kid.
Reply/Quote
I think it's gonna be a good year to take a safety in the first couple rounds. Its looking like a deep talented group this year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hard to prepare for picking 32nd.

But definitely want to go best defensive player available with pick.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 05:15 PM)Synric Wrote: I think it's gonna be a good year to take a safety in the first couple rounds. Its looking like a deep talented group this year.

I was thinking that as well, but part of me is sold on the fact that we already have 3 safeties on our team that are ready to step in:

Smith
Williams
Leon Hall - if he's back

I wouldn't mind seeing a linebacker added to the mix.  I haven't done much research yet, but we definitely need some depth/starting potential there.
Reply/Quote
BPA on defense is probably what I'd like. I prefer a linebacker, but, not if there is a better player elsewhere.

All things equal, I like Ragland, LB, Alabama.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 04:48 PM)Goalpost Wrote: BPA on defense is probably what I'd like.  I prefer a linebacker, but, not if there is a better player elsewhere.

All things equal, I like Ragland, LB, Alabama.

I think Ragland gets subbed out on third down; might be telling.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 05:50 PM)TGISunday Wrote: I think Ragland gets subbed out on third down; might be telling.

Maybe last year more than this year.  I tried to find his snap counts but couldn't find them.  I know he has done some blitzing as well as coverage responsibilities this year.  Some people do compare him to Rey Maualuga, just average athlete.

I did find one blurb, one person's opinion, of a match up Ragland had this year against one of the better tight ends.
Ragland was mentioned when analyzing the tight end.

6. Evan Engram TE 6'3 230 Ole Miss - Went just 1/22 against Alabama. Ragland played him very well. Looked real good against Texas A&M, operating like a fast, extra WR. He ran good, crisp routes.
Reply/Quote
It all depends on what we do in free agency. If we can somehow resign both Sanu and Jones, I don't see a first round receiver in our future.

I like the idea of a DT, LB or a center in the first round.

Of course, it all depends on who is available.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 11:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It all depends on what we do in free agency.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say not much outside of signing our own.

Reply/Quote
Jaylon Smith
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 01:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb and say not much outside of signing our own.

I meant more along the lines of who do we keep. Do we keep Jones and Sanu? Do we re-sign Sims or Thompson? Do we resign Hall? Do we re-sign Nelson and/or Iloka? Our priorities depend on what we can re-sign. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 08:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: COREY COLEMAN/WR / Baylor - Corey is the only thing this offense is missing (worthy of a first round pick). Compact, jitterbug WR, that excels in the run game. But don't think Corey is just a niche player; he is very productive.

I know the Baylor system inflates WR stats, but Coleman has been ridiculous so far.  

His stats look like high school numbers.  20 yards a catch, 150 yards a game, 20 tds in just 8 games.
Reply/Quote
Give me this guy with pick #32 this year.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Md3dc628b111d6d35e6dee0db4ed5c...=300&h=300]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 12:39 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Give me this guy with pick #32 this year.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Md3dc628b111d6d35e6dee0db4ed5c...=300&h=300]

That front 7 be good.
Reply/Quote
Evan Boehm, Center, Mizzou
6'3" 320 lbs

Former HS wrestling champion and it shows in his play. Plays with a low center of gravity and utilizes his leverage. Strong base. Drives defenders. Plays with a mean nasty attitude. Not the best athlete but he is smart and doesn't waste movement.

[Image: PI-CFB-Mizzou-Evan-Boehm-040414.vresize....igh.96.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Its a wait and see what they do in FA first. A lot of players contracts are up. They really need to try and keep Kirkpatrick and Jones.  Hall can be moved to safety. We have a slew of WRs hitting FA. We have 3 spots after that need to be addressed in draft. Center, WR and DL.  I'm all for seriously considering WR Coleman if hes there. He comes close to reminding me of Beckham Jr.  Jones is ok but hes not as good as the hype that surrounds him.  They have to put another threat opposite Green. We need to keep our D together if possible. 

Whitworth is up as well. Resign him for less and move him to OG? Emergency OT. I think they may let him go create cap space and get an extra pick next draft seems to be there MO.  Also at some point we have got to improve pass rush.
Its all about who falls in the draft. Right now our biggest weak spots are Center and Pass rush. We still have Dennard who should be back healthy. Keep the DBs if possible and focus on a WR, Pass rusher in the middle, and Center. 
Reply/Quote
We are going to need a Safety with reggie nelson getting older and are we bringing him back?
We def could use another DT,C Robert Nkemdiche isnt going to fall for us so I dont see another warrant person to take in 1st round as a DT. I like Dan Voltz  from wiscousin  or ryan kelly from Alabama. But someone I have my eyes on as a safety if he falls to us would be Jayron Krease.

We have to without a doubt bring back Marvin Jones thats not even a option, we need to bring back both safeties hell Reggie Nelson had a career year much like pacman. maybe let leon hall go if he doesnt want to take a pay cut. Andre Smith is probably gone cause hes gonna want big money but we drafted last year for that. Rey needs to come back for leadership purposes. In a perfect world I wish we could bring everyone back but that isnt possible. Geroge Iloka gonna want a big contract maybe but I hope he settles for a reasonable price.
Reply/Quote