Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 1st 4 picks
#1 DT Andrew Billings - Most say WR, but if he is available I would love me some Geno/Billings/Peko in 2017.
#2 Tyler Boyd WR from Pittsburgh - He can become a number 1 and better than Jones or Sanu within 2 years.
#3 My sleeper pick WR Keyarris Garrett from Tulsa - He has size, he has speed and I don' think he makes it to round 4
#4 Jaylon Smith LB Notre Dame - he was a top 10 pick consensus pick before the injury, the odds of landing a starter or major contributor on round 4 with our roster are slim, so we can wait a year and maybe get the steal of the 2016 draft in the long term

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy. Two receivers back to back wouldn't be ideal, but I wouldn't be mad. Say grab Deiondre Hall in the 3rd instead and I'd be stoked.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
WRs and Billings is fine but why bring back Peko in 2017?
Reply/Quote
I like 2-4. Not a big fan of Billings. I think Butler is/will be better in the long run.
Reply/Quote
I gotta say, I'm not a fan of taking WR in 2 AND 3. Jaylon Smith could be a bargain, in the 4th, should he make a complete recovery. But, that is a question mark. I would be much happier with a second WR taken in later rounds, and a viable LB taken sooner.

As for Billings in the 1st, I would not complain. Dude is big, could be a 3-4 NT even, my only concern is that he may have been the bigger fish in a smaller pond, at his University.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 05:02 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'd be happy. Two receivers back to back wouldn't be ideal, but I wouldn't be mad. Say grab Deiondre Hall in the 3rd instead and I'd be stoked.

TY for the input
I may be wrong, but I have a hunch Garrett turns out to be very good, he may make it to round 4 but regardless of his draft position, I think he outplays it. I hope he does not end up in Pittsburgh, Baltimore or Cleveland

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 05:04 PM)Stormborn Wrote: WRs and Billings is fine but why bring back Peko in 2017?

I like Peko, I thought Peko was very good last year when they limited his snaps. Geno was hurt in past years and caused Peko to get too many snaps. Geno was back 100% a year ago, Peko was productive. He would be a great teacher for Billings as well on and off the field

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 08:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I gotta say, I'm not a fan of taking WR in 2 AND 3.  Jaylon Smith could be a bargain, in the 4th, should he make a complete recovery.  But, that is a question mark.  I would be much happier with a second WR taken in later rounds, and a viable LB taken sooner.

As for Billings in the 1st, I would not complain.  Dude is big, could be a 3-4 NT even, my only concern is that he may have been the bigger fish in a smaller pond, at his University.

No doubt, my draft in rounds 1 to 4 has some risk. I have a theory, if you can play, you can play and Billings in my opinion can play at the next level. I realize my picks may not be popular in a show me know society, just my opinion all 4 of these guys could become very solid NFL starters in the coming years

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 11:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I like Peko, I thought Peko was very good last year when they limited his snaps. Geno was hurt in past years and caused Peko to get too many snaps. Geno was back 100% a year ago, Peko was productive. He would be a great teacher for Billings as well on and off the field

I think the plan is to draft his replacement and then have Sims and the pick rotate in 2017.
Reply/Quote
I like Billings alot ,he's fast as heck and athletic for a big man,problem is..is he a nose tackle in the NFL? He's short like geno,it would be two of the same player next to each other,he'd be great in pass rush situations though,but I don't see them drafting dt in the first,when they never have.I think corner is more a possibility then dt.I'd be surprised,they love them some peko and they will try to fill the gilberry role.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 03:38 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I like Billings alot ,he's fast as heck and athletic for a big man,problem is..is he a nose tackle in the NFL? He's short like geno,it would be two of the same player next to each other,he'd be great in pass rush situations though,but I don't see them drafting dt in the first,when they never have.I think corner is more a possibility then dt.I'd be surprised,they love them some peko and they will try to fill the gilberry role.

Good point on tem targeting a CB. I would not be surprised with a CB, WR or DL either. I love the Houston CB, big with great speed.

Reply/Quote
I like all of it except the 3rd rounder, I think we can wait until the 5th round to grab another WR.  I like Justin Simmons(Safety) Boston College in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 04:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: #1 DT Andrew Billings - Most say WR, but if he is available I would love me some Geno/Billings/Peko in 2017.
#2 Tyler Boyd WR from Pittsburgh - He can become a number 1 and better than Jones or Sanu within 2 years.
#3 My sleeper pick WR Keyarris Garrett from Tulsa - He has size, he has speed and I don' think he makes it to round 4
#4 Jaylon Smith LB Notre Dame - he was a top 10 pick consensus pick before the injury, the odds of landing a starter or major contributor on round 4 with our roster are slim, so we can wait a year and maybe get the steal of the 2016 draft in the long term

Thoughts?

Billings would finally give us a replacement/upgrade for Peko and Boyd is a perfect #2 behind AJ.  I love Garrett.  He is a perfect Marvin Jones replacement.  If Jaylon can be 75% of what he was, he would still be a steal in the 4th.  Also, with these 2 WR's and what they already have on the roster, Tate should finally be gone.  Nice job

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 04:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: #1 DT Andrew Billings - Most say WR, but if he is available I would love me some Geno/Billings/Peko in 2017.

Thoughts?

We don't need a number 1; we need a #2, possession receiver.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 08:07 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I like all of it except the 3rd rounder, I think we can wait until the 5th round to grab another WR.  I like Justin Simmons(Safety) Boston College in the 3rd.

My 3rd round pick is a sleeper that few know anything about. It may be too early, but my guess he will not be there in the 4th. I love the guys speed and height.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 12:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: We don't need a number 1; we need a #2, possession receiver.
I would love to have 2 number 1's. To me a number one means they can play all 3 spots versus just possession/slot or no capability to fill it for an injured Green or our number 1.

Why?

Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

I'm not a fan of a DT in Rd 1, but I like the next three selections.  I am beginning to think Boyd will be gone by our turn in the second.  Not as big a fan of Garrett, but he may mature a lot and become a force.  I seem to remember a certain immature WR from Oregon State that panned out pretty well :)

Jaylon Smith is such a wildcard.  Potentially top 5 talent that slides three rounds?  I have no idea where he gets selected, but I want to see the guy succeed and I want to see him succeed here. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 09:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would love to have 2 number 1's. To me a number one means they can play all 3 spots versus just possession/slot or no capability to fill it for an injured Green or our number 1.

Why?

Green is our #1.

The reason why we don't want two #1s is we want our #2 to be a reliable route runner, a sure-handed catcher, and an outlet.  We don't need some big play threat on every play because we just need our #2 to be able to move the chains before anything else, which, don't get me wrong, a guy like Michael Thomas can also be a deep threat, but he's also just reliable, and that's what we need.

We don't want two of the same type of receivers on the field at the same time because it limits our opportunities.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 10:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Green is our #1.

The reason why we don't want two #1s is we want our #2 to be a reliable route runner, a sure-handed catcher, and an outlet.  We don't need some big play threat on every play because we just need our #2 to be able to move the chains before anything else, which, don't get me wrong, a guy like Michael Thomas can also be a deep threat, but he's also just reliable, and that's what we need.

We don't want two of the same type of receivers on the field at the same time because it limits our opportunities.

A #1 WR would not "limit our opportunities". A true WR1 can play all three spots, be a deep threat, make contested catches, high point the ball, get open on underneath routes, and create YAC. You say Green is our #1, which true, but what happens if he goes down to injury? The offense flutters is what happens.

The Bengals need a WR that could actually play in his spot and succeed if he were to go down, but also play on the field at the same time as him when he's healthy.

There isn't a WR quite at AJ Green's caliber in this draft, but there are some that are very well rounded and can be that ideal WR2 and fill-in as a WR1 when needed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 09:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My 3rd round pick is a sleeper that few know anything about. It may be too early, but my guess he will not be there in the 4th. I love the guys speed and height.

I LOVE your sleeper pick,he is one of my top favorites,I am high on Andrew Billings as well,but I am believing they are going DE with the first pick.Wallace Gilberry was a favorite of Coach Lewis and they have interviewed a ton of DE's.I like your picks,but I want the safety from WVU somewhere in the seven rounds.He is a winner and I love to watch him slam dudes to the ground.He would be a good fit here.NOW LETS GO,WHO-DEY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote