Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 1st mock ever
So don't beat me up to bad. I make no claim to being a draft guru or player scout so...

1. Joe Burrow QB LSU

2. Prince Tega Wonogho OT Auburn

3. Akeem Davis Gaither LB Appl. St.

4. Van Jefferson WR Florida

5. Michael Onwenu OG Michigan

6. Myles Dorn S North Car.

7. Robert Windsor DL Penn St.

I tried to stay with needs as much as possible considering we typically do little in free agency.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 07:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So don't beat me up to bad. I make no claim to being a draft guru or player scout so...

1. Joe Burrow QB LSU

I tried to stay with needs as much as possible considering we typically do little in free agency.

You did good! I haven't even thought of doing mine, I haven't a clue this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 07:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So don't beat me up to bad. I make no claim to being a draft guru or player scout so...

1. Joe Burrow QB LSU

I'd have a hard time drafting someone at 33 who has little experience at his position and football in general (started playing football in 2014, didn't move to OL until 2016).
Prince Tega Wanogho hardly played much football growing up and even moved from DE to OL partway through college.
He has athleticism and size, but he reminds me of Margus Hunt in terms of sheer rawness.

Given all the holes on this team and the quality of the OTs they have now, someone that raw is not someone I'd take a gamble on, at least not until Day 3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I like the late picks, but I HATE 2nd and 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd have a hard time drafting someone at 33 who has little experience at his position and football in general (started playing football in 2014, didn't move to OL until 2016).
Prince Tega Wanogho hardly played much football growing up and even moved from DE to OL partway through college.
He has athleticism and size, but he reminds me of Margus Hunt in terms of sheer rawness.

Given all the holes on this team and the quality of the OTs they have now, someone that raw is not someone I'd take a gamble on, at least not until Day 3.

My plan was to take whatever WR fell out of the first. Problem was none of them did lol. I sorta panicked and picked Wanogho. It was just done in fun, I was bored.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 10:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My plan was to take whatever WR fell out of the first. Problem was none of them did lol. I sorta panicked and picked Wanogho. It was just done in fun, I was bored.

Oh, this was on a mock generator site like fanspeak or something?
Didn't know that.

I understand your original plan though and it makes sense.
Any chance you could go back and see which WRs were taken before 33? 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 10:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh, this was on a mock generator site like fanspeak or something?
Didn't know that.

I understand your original plan though and it makes sense.
Any chance you could go back and see which WRs were taken before 33? 

Yes believe it was fanspeak. I'll see if I can pull it back up ? I've never done a mock on a site before and did no research, had no thoughts on much past the 1st and 2nd lol.

I didn't write or copy 1st round down but there must have been 6 or 7 WR's taken in 1st. I had my sites on LSU Jefferson and he went late first like 26 range.
Reply/Quote
I knew nothing about Akeem Davis Gaither when I took him but the more I read about him the more I like him. Is he more like a 4th round pick or will he be one of those late risers ?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 12:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes believe it was fanspeak. I'll see if I can pull it back up ? I've never done a mock on a site before and did no research, had no thoughts on much past the 1st and 2nd lol.

I didn't write or copy 1st round down but there must have been 6 or 7 WR's taken in 1st. I had my sites on LSU Jefferson and he went late first like 26 range.

You might give The Draft Network a try.  I favor it over fanspeak for one big reason, the speed setting.  I can set the draft to pick fast, and get to my pick quicker.  I like doing that, as I focus on "Who's left on the board", much more than "Who's been taken".  I also like the way TDN makes it so easy to view scouting reports on players, from multiple sources, sometimes having differing perspectives.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 12:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You might give The Draft Network a try.  I favor it over fanspeak for one big reason, the speed setting.  I can set the draft to pick fast, and get to my pick quicker.  I like doing that, as I focus on "Who's left on the board", much more than "Who's been taken".  I also like the way TDN makes it so easy to view scouting reports on players, from multiple sources, sometimes having differing perspectives.

I might give it a try this evening and this time have a little more of a plan, not that it'll help lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 12:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes believe it was fanspeak. I'll see if I can pull it back up ? I've never done a mock on a site before and did no research, had no thoughts on much past the 1st and 2nd lol.

As a recommendation, a good first step before doing any mock draft is to do some research on prospects.
Look up prospect rankings and descriptions that can help explain why this person is rated where they are.
For example, a 2nd round OT may be rated there because of pure potential but very raw, could be lack of measurables but still found ways to be productive, or maybe would have been an elite prospect if not for some current/previous injury (or injuries).

There are a lot of different sites, all with their own opinions.
Walter Football
CBS Sports
The Draft Network
NFL.com profiles (they don't come up until Feb)
drafttek.com
ESPN
NFLMocks

What I like to do is view many of these sites and compare notes on the same prospect, then I'll go look for YouTube videos to try to make determinations if I see discrepancies in the assessments.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote