Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2024 Draft w/Trades
(03-22-2024, 03:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'd be bummed with Fautanu in 1. His ceiling is Jonah imo.

Green Bay just hit on a bunch of young WRs. I don't think they would trade a first for one.

FYI Anthony Munoz said he'd take Fautanu if he was there
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 03:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'd be bummed with Fautanu in 1. His ceiling is Jonah imo.

Green Bay just hit on a bunch of young WRs. I don't think they would trade a first for one.

Had Jonah not missed a rookie year do to shoulder surgery, and then had to play on an injured knee another year, who knows what his actual ceiling could have been.  Hell, as far as we know, his best playing days might still be ahead of him.  However, I'm still happy that the Bengals didn't match the Cardinals offer, the change of scenery should do him good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 05:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Had Jonah not missed a rookie year do to shoulder surgery, and then had to play on an injured knee another year, who knows what his actual ceiling could have been.  Hell, as far as we know, his best playing days might still be ahead of him.  However, I'm still happy that the Bengals didn't match the Cardinals offer, the change of scenery should do him good.

Yeah that was definitely a seperation that was needed. Wish him the best in AZ.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 07:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: Appreciate the comment.  I would recommend watching some tape on Braelon, he's a specific type of back that is extremely rare to find and fits exactly what we need in the room.  He's a guy who can handle a 3-down workload, but because of his size(6'2" 245 lbs), he shines in short-yard situations.  He's an above-average block and great hands(93% catch percentage when thrown his way).  Gives Burrow the option of playing under center with dual back situations.  If I had to give him a player comp it would be a mix of Le'Veon Bell and Brandon Jacobs.  Its rare to find guys with that skill set and worth a 3rd round pick in my opinion.

I've watched several games of his games at Wisconsin.  I get it that he's a specific back, but I don't think we use that high of a pick when we have Moss, Brown and Williams.  I also don't think he really fits our offense.  He definitely fits the other AFC North teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I've watched several games of his games at Wisconsin.  I get it that he's a specific back, but I don't think we use that high of a pick when we have Moss, Brown and Williams.  I also don't think he really fits our offense.  He definitely fits the other AFC North teams.

Which is exactly why the Bengals need a similar back to compete in their own division.  If it weren't for Cleveland benching their entire roster, the Bengals likely would have went 0-division last season. Wake up!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 02:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: So there you have it, my one and only Mock Draft for this year.  What do you guys think about my selections?  Look forward to the feedback

I like the draft. I don't expect the top 4 OTs to be there when the Bengals pick. I'm thinking along the oline we are looking at a Center or Mims/Lathom at OT. Or going BPA with Newton or possibly a wideout or corner.

I don't think they will trade Tee. But if they do it makes sense to draft his replacement. It would be nice to grab a late 1st and a 3rd. The 3rd round seems like the best round so it'd be awesome to have 3 picks in that round. Overall, I think the team will be better with Tee on it this year for a title run though.

I like Sweat a lot and like that you grabbed a lot of players from big-name schools later in the draft. Definitely means they are well-coached and played at a high level of competition. WI lineman are always good, running backs can be hit or miss but they put out some good ones here and there. I do think we are in great shape with Brown and Moss though. Clemson Dlineman are always a safe pick. And Florida State usually puts out some good players. Definitely a good idea to explore punter options this year as well.
Reply/Quote

They finally got some production from their young wideouts this year. 

I wouldn't say they are set at the position though. 

Their receivers are good. But none of them are exactly elite. 

Christian Watson is extremely inconsistent. Drops passes. Had a really poor year this year.

Dobbs and Reed are solid. But neither is a number one receiver to me. 

The Packers would greatly benefit from a true number one WR like Higgins.

I'm not saying the trade would happen, but they would benefit.

I'm surrounded by Packers fans so I know a good amount about the team.
They would be ecstatic to land Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:57 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: They finally got some production from their young wideouts this year. 

I wouldn't say they are set at the position though. 

Their receivers are good. But none of them are exactly elite. 

Christian Watson is extremely inconsistent. Drops passes. Had a really poor year this year.

Dobbs and Reed are solid. But neither is a number one receiver to me. 

The Packers would greatly benefit from a true number one WR like Higgins.

I'm not saying the trade would happen, but they would benefit.

I'm surrounded by Packers fans so I know a good amount about the team.
They would be ecstatic to land Higgins.

To bolded, Christian Watson is elite. The difference is getting thrown passes from Aaron Rodgers to first year starter Jordan Love.  As soon as Love get's more comfortable in his position as starter, that connection with Watson will be one of the NFL's best. The game is slowing down for Love, he will eat well on defenses this season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To bolded, Christian Watson is elite. The difference is getting thrown passes from Aaron Rodgers to first year starter Jordan Love.  As soon as Love get's more comfortable in his position as starter, that connection with Watson will be one of the NFL's best. The game is slowing down for Love, he will eat well on defenses this season.

I know a lot of Packers fans and they are all tired of Watson and think he is incredibly over-rated. And like I said, inconsistent, drops balls, etc. Not elite.

My Packers friends are more high on Reed than Watson.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:06 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I know a lot of Packers fans and they are all tired of Watson and think he is incredibly over-rated. 

Well, I have two Packers fans in my own family, and our discussions go much differently.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I have two Packers fans in my own family, and our discussions go much differently.

In my opinion, if there's a debate out there about the player being a true number one, he aint a true number one. I would not label Watson as elite. 
He has upside. But I'm not convinced it's elite upside.
Reply/Quote
wouldn't get hung up on the Greenbay trade thing, it could just as easily be Arizona, I think it all depends on what happens on draft night.  Btw food for thought, RAS top two comparables for Fautanu...

[Image: GJN-hBaWQAE4iaw?format=jpg&name=900x900]

[Image: GJN-hBcXoAAMv_a?format=jpg&name=900x900]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I would take sweat with the late 1st to secure him. I don’t think he makes it to us in the 2nd.

I’m thinking if we miss out on players at 18 it would make sense to trade back until late 1st and pick up more picks as well. Sweat would be a great 1st rounder at the bottom of the 1st.

Then trade back in the second round and grab an interior lineman, corner, wideout or something else. 3rd round is my favorite spot to have a lot of picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 09:52 PM)Okeana Wrote: wouldn't get hung up on the Greenbay trade thing, it could just as easily be Arizona, I think it all depends on what happens on draft night.  Btw food for thought, RAS top two comparables for Fautanu...

[Image: GJN-hBaWQAE4iaw?format=jpg&name=900x900]

[Image: GJN-hBcXoAAMv_a?format=jpg&name=900x900]

You are making me start to come around.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Which is exactly why the Bengals need a similar back to compete in their own division.  If it weren't for Cleveland benching their entire roster, the Bengals likely would have went 0-division last season. Wake up!

Why would I need to wake up?  So we can draft a guy that doesn't fit our system?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 07:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Why would I need to wake up?  So we can draft a guy that doesn't fit our system?

That is part of the problem, the "system" that the Bengals are running cannot compete within it's own division.  They need to address some strategic changes, and bringing in personnel equipped to handle the impact of AFCN competition should very well be part of that decision.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is part of the problem, the "system" that the Bengals are running cannot compete within it's own division.  They need to address some strategic changes, and bringing in personnel equipped to handle the impact of AFCN competition should very well be part of that decision.

Yes sir! Can't continue to rely on things that haven't been working for whatever reason.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is part of the problem, the "system" that the Bengals are running cannot compete within it's own division.  They need to address some strategic changes, and bringing in personnel equipped to handle the impact of AFCN competition should very well be part of that decision.

I find it hard to believe that the system we used to get to 2 straight AFC Championship games can't compete.  

I don't think a 1-dimensional back would help all that much.  I'm guessing if we got a better performance from our line and our guys stay healthy that our competition issues would go away.  Pittsburgh has run the ol power running game for years and they've been mid for quite some time.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 09:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I find it hard to believe that the system we used to get to 2 straight AFC Championship games can't compete.  

I don't think a 1-dimensional back would help all that much.  I'm guessing if we got a better performance from our line and our guys stay healthy that our competition issues would go away.  Pittsburgh has run the ol power running game for years and they've been mid for quite some time.

Calling him a one dimensional running back is disrespectful. Do me a favor, take 30 minutes of your life and go look at him. This team needs to be different, evolve or die, that’s how the nfl works

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 09:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: Calling him a one dimensional running back is disrespectful.  Do me a favor, take 30 minutes of your life and go look at him. This team needs to be different, evolve or die, that’s how the nfl works

I don't need to take 30 minutes and watch him.  I've watched a ton of his games over the past 2 years.  I don't see him as a guy that adds much to our offense.
Reply/Quote