Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 3-Round Dream Draft That Won't Happen
I realize that this won't happen, but it's mock draft season, and it would be BEAUTIFUL if it did.

CNN's Mock Draft 3.0

We trade our pick at 24 to the Broncos so they can grab a QB, and we get the 31st pick and their 3rd round pick at 96. We trade McCarron to the Browns for their 2nd round pick (32, which Hue bites on because it saves him having to draft a QB when he's already very familiar with McCarron).

Round 1 (from Broncos): Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama- Big center that played against top-level talent in the SEC. He's a straight-up scrapper and a tough brawler. I like his fight to go up against the massive NTs of the division.

Round 2 (from Browns): Vernon Butler, NT, Louisiana Tech- this dude is 6'3, 323, and moves like a defensive end. It would be an absolute steal to get him here because I don't know why he's not rated higher. Something I noticed before I even knew it was a knock on him was that he plays too high, but he still dominates and that can be fixed with coaching. Our pass rush would be absolutely nasty with this guy in there. Watch him here and tell me that this doesn't get you excited.

Round 2: Michael Thomas, OSU- A possession receiver that's 6'3, 212? Needs to work on route running a bit, but he's a hands-catcher, & you can't teach that, but has deep-threat potential, & he's going under the radar because he wasn't used properly and because of poor QB play @ OSU. This is the guy I want opposite of AJ, & I even think that we could trade back a few spots to pick up an extra pick or two & still get him.

You didn't really think I forgot about him, did you? Like I said, this is a dream where everything falls into the right place, or else I would have taken him in the first round. Being a possession receiver with all those big names at the top helps him fall this far.

Round 3: Carl Nassib, DE, Penn State- 6'7, the tall DE type that we love. He's not great against the run, but I couldn't care less because he has a non-stop motor in pass rush and gets to the quarterback by just using his athleticism. He just needs to get a slight angle or edge on the blocker and he's at the quarterback, which the rest can be learned. A lot of people will say "don't take another project like Hunt," but this dude's not a project because he can get to the quarterback. Missed the last two games and still led the nation in sacks. Fell this far because he's a one-year wonder, but put him in a rotation and let the big dog eat. Watch his highlights and tell me they don't get you excited!

Round 3 (from Broncos): Sean Davis, DB, Maryland- dude's always around the ball and has great instincts. He can play SS, FS, or corner, and he always comes up and lays the wood. He's best at safety, and, at 6'1, he can cover tight ends, he's just not the best out on an island against receivers. Goes up and against contested catches and is always willing to make a hit, so I think he could be the next big thing. Check out what I mean by always around the ball.

I'd be so pumped with that and then I'd probably grab a SAM backer and a cornerback like Mike Jordan.
Reply/Quote
This is what is so fun about draft time. Anything is possible.

And in almost all of my fantasy drafts I end up trying to get the highest number of players in the first 3 rounds. I think the top picks in the first round are overrated, and anything after the third round is a total crap shoot.

I'd love for the Bengals to have five picks in the first three rounds.
Reply/Quote
Wow, scenarios are cool, but this IS the Bengals...

REP+

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would love this, always love the thought of trading down and getting more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Love all the players too. Kelly solidifies the OL, Butler and Nassib turn our DL into the best, Thomas keeps our
WR core awesome, Davis helps out the Secondary with him and Shaw's versatility.

Great job Brad. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I like it all aside from the Nassib pick.  They keep trying to put these hulking monstrous dudes with no bend at DE.  The Giants had a pretty good pair of "tiny" ends once upon a time.
Reply/Quote
Ur ass is still leeched on to this trade like its the only original idea you have ever had. =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 09:35 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I like it all aside from the Nassib pick.  They keep trying to put these hulking monstrous dudes with no bend at DE.  The Giants had a pretty good pair of "tiny" ends once upon a time.

He's still developing, so bend can be taught, and, even so, it would be different if we were talking about a decent guy that got a few sacks and still needs work, but the dude still led the nation in sacks WHILE MISSING TWO GAMES, so who gives a shit?!

The raw talent is there, with the football abilities to get to the Qb, and you just can't teach those things.

He's an end, so not really like a tackle where being too high gets you blown off the ball.  Be 7 foot standing straight up, but if you can still run around an end and get your hands up to bat down passes, then you're my guy  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Maybe I'm biased due to a combination of the Hunt/Clarke misfires and the fact that Devon Still never put it all together.  Maybe there really is something a little off with how they look for ends in the draft though.  When I look at sack leaders from last year, 4-3 ends who do really well tend to be about 6'5" and 275lbs.  Dunlap is considered to be a "big end" but he's only about 1" and 5lbs off from what seems to be the prototypical size for a 4-3 end.  I guess what I'm really saying here is that I've become wary of the huge guys as well as the guys who produce big against sub-par competition.
Reply/Quote
Love it!! Give me another wide receiver in the 4th or 5th and this would be a dream mock.
Reply/Quote
Trading back sounds good every year. This year it just seems like it would be better than usual.

If we ended up with Butler Kelly and michael thomas i would be so damn happy.

Lot of love for Billngs on this board but i think Butler is my favorite DT in the draft. And im with you michael thomas is my favorite WR.

Even if it only gets us an extra 4th i think as long as we stay in the first round we should take any offer.
Reply/Quote
I could definitely see the Denver trade, and the selection of the C, Ryan Kelly. But the Browns aren't offering the Bengals that much for McCarron. I like the idea of getting extra picks. It is a top-heavy draft, so if there is a team out there that is willing to do that, I would absolutely pull the trigger.

Even if the Bengals packaged their third round pick from next year with their fourth from this year to move in to the top 50 again this year, I would applaud it.

If they someone come out of this first three rounds with a C, WR, CB, and DT/DE that are in their top 50, I would be ecstatic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote