Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 91 year old dad passed away this morning
Again sorry for your loss grampahol. Lost my dad 7 years ago this May, he was also born in 1928. I tried my old man's patience a time or two also and he was always more than fair with me. Sounds like our dads were a lot alike, the thing I miss most about my dad is the way we could make each other laugh, we could have each other in stitches for hours. Remember the good times and all the good memories. God Bless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 07:11 PM)grampahol Wrote:  Born November 18, 1928 

(03-18-2020, 04:01 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Lost my dad 7 years ago this May, he was also born in 1928. 

Just curious, but did either one of your fathers ever throw anything away?
Reply/Quote
OP, you're only an internet stranger to me, but I am sorry for your loss. Life is short and I hope time heals.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but did either one of your fathers ever throw anything away?

My dad would throw things away but growing up in the depression, he wasn't very wasteful. He would always say things like clean your plate or one day you might wish you had that full plate of food. He grew up on a farm in Butlerville so his family didn't have to worry too much about food. His mom, my grandma would stash things away in one of the barns like old empty plastic butter tubs, and say," I might need that some day." When she passed in 1990, we sold the farm, but it was a chore to get the place ready to sell. She wasn't a hoarder, put it was pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:54 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote:  She wasn't a hoarder, put it was pretty bad.

My dad was not really a hoarder either.  Our living space was not crammed full of junk.  But he had shelves and buckets full of old stuff in our basement and barn.  If he threw something away that was nailed together he would pull out the nails and straighten them.  He would spend hours looking through buckets of old screws instead of running to the hardware store to buy some new ones.
Reply/Quote