Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Andy Dalton Story
Feel free to read, kick me/punch me for this story. I felt like sharing it for multiple reasons. Prepare to read a novel.

My Fiancee and I volunteered to help Andy and Jordan's foundation. The event was to take care of dozens of special needs kids. These needs were anything from mental disorders, 100s of seizures a day, kids with limb injuries, etc. We would be giving the kids a time of their life, playing with them and everything. While this was going on, those parents were being wined and dined by Andy and Jordan.

We arrived at the event (a little late) and of course, behind me was a brand new Range Rover. Completely blacked out. Without blinking I said, "That's Dalton." Sure as hell. His wife and him stepped out. Raring to go. My Fiancee and I went into the room before crowds swarmed them, or people tried to bother them.

The event was an amazing experience. Despite me being in an injured state, I had a blast with these kids. They were so full of life. We played Xbox, Nintendo and threw around footballs across the room. Not going to lie, I chucked those balls as far as I could just so the kids would give me a break. Haha! Unfortunately at the event we didn't get fed, but in this it brought me to a catching moment. A young boy I was throwing with, who had tons of energy (but had to stop every few minutes to fuel his lungs with air) stopped and he ate a big chocolate chip cookie. I commented on it, and stated, "Eat up champ, that looks good." He smiled, and then proceeded to hand me the cookie with a smile on his face. Of course I said no, but the fact he was so giving just made me melt a bit.

Andy and Jordan came back. Andy took dozens upon dozens of pictures. Jordan ran off, grabbed a special needs baby (couldn't have been anymore than a year old) and proceeded to feed her. Andy started grabbing footballs, chucking them at kids, catching three or four at a time. He had a smile on his face, and never went through the motions. Neither did Jordan, who was accompanied by Mike Nugent and his wife. Nugent felt more 'going through the motions'. Perhaps he was a bit overwhelmed, but he didn't interact as much as I was expecting.

Eventually all the volunteers stopped, and we took our group picture with Andy and Jordan. He stopped us to thank us, from the bottom of his heart. It wasn't made up, but felt real. He looked at all of us, smiled and meant it.

During all of this my beautiful Fiancee was taking care of an ill baby, one that had suffered dozens of seizures in the few hours we were there. In the final hour or so, I helped her take care of this beautiful baby. Near the end, Jordan came up to us and personally thanked us. Wow, was she beautiful. She smiled so big.

Of course the event that everyone would kick me over. I was within Dalton's reach several times. I mean arm reach, with him often looking at me, clearly waiting for me to say something. I froze. I couldn't. A few things came to mind. One, I was there to take care of kids, not be a selfish fan. Some people were going there to dry hump him, and it bothered me a bit. Two, I'm so self conscious, and whatever came to my mind, just didn't feel right. I wanted to shake his hand, and thank him for playing so great (despite what some of you may think). I wanted a picture with him. Unfortunately, I couldn't do it. It wasn't a regret to me, and I happily go to bed knowing I did the right thing.

We left the event with a t shirt from their foundation and an autographed football (two of them, to be exact).

Some quick notes:

-Amazing kids. So much damn energy.
-Nugent is pretty lean.
-Jordan Dalton is absolutely gorgeous. Instagram and internet does not do her justice.
-Andy's hair is super red. Damn. That's red hair.
-I'm about an inch taller than Andy, and broader. That being said, I was surprised by how built he is. Dude has some traps! He looks like a tiny man on the Football field. Haha!
- Afterwards I ate so much Wendys and passed out.

The End.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Great report. I continue to be impressed by Andy and Jordan. Nothing to kick you over at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't always love Andy Dalton the QB but Andy Dalton the man seems like a great guy. Cool story and thanks for sharing.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I love that they are doing something for parents that seldomly get a break. And, it gives the kids a great time too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The difference you mentioned between Dalton and Nugent, its leadership. These things come natural to Dalton, he is a natural leader. Gotta love the guy! haha
Reply/Quote
Great job Crusader.....
Reply/Quote
What did you get at Wendy's? You better have dipped your fries in a frosty.

Reply/Quote
Crusader, did you thank him for doing something so warm for your community?

If so, kudos for such a nice gesture!
Reply/Quote
Why would I kick Batman? Jk.... Cool story thanks for volunteering!!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 05:52 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Feel free to read, kick me/punch me for this story. I felt like sharing it for multiple reasons. Prepare to read a novel.

My Fiancee and I volunteered to help Andy and Jordan's foundation. The event was to take care of dozens of special needs kids. These needs were anything from mental disorders, 100s of seizures a day, kids with limb injuries, etc. We would be giving the kids a time of their life, playing with them and everything. While this was going on, those parents were being wined and dined by Andy and Jordan.

We arrived at the event (a little late) and of course, behind me was a brand new Range Rover. Completely blacked out. Without blinking I said, "That's Dalton." Sure as hell. His wife and him stepped out. Raring to go. My Fiancee and I went into the room before crowds swarmed them, or people tried to bother them.

The event was an amazing experience. Despite me being in an injured state, I had a blast with these kids. They were so full of life. We played Xbox, Nintendo and threw around footballs across the room. Not going to lie, I chucked those balls as far as I could just so the kids would give me a break. Haha! Unfortunately at the event we didn't get fed, but in this it brought me to a catching moment. A young boy I was throwing with, who had tons of energy (but had to stop every few minutes to fuel his lungs with air) stopped and he ate a big chocolate chip cookie. I commented on it, and stated, "Eat up champ, that looks good." He smiled, and then proceeded to hand me the cookie with a smile on his face. Of course I said no, but the fact he was so giving just made me melt a bit.

Andy and Jordan came back. Andy took dozens upon dozens of pictures. Jordan ran off, grabbed a special needs baby (couldn't have been anymore than a year old) and proceeded to feed her. Andy started grabbing footballs, chucking them at kids, catching three or four at a time. He had a smile on his face, and never went through the motions. Neither did Jordan, who was accompanied by Mike Nugent and his wife. Nugent felt more 'going through the motions'. Perhaps he was a bit overwhelmed, but he didn't interact as much as I was expecting.

Eventually all the volunteers stopped, and we took our group picture with Andy and Jordan. He stopped us to thank us, from the bottom of his heart. It wasn't made up, but felt real. He looked at all of us, smiled and meant it.

During all of this my beautiful Fiancee was taking care of an ill baby, one that had suffered dozens of seizures in the few hours we were there. In the final hour or so, I helped her take care of this beautiful baby. Near the end, Jordan came up to us and personally thanked us. Wow, was she beautiful. She smiled so big.

Of course the event that everyone would kick me over. I was within Dalton's reach several times. I mean arm reach, with him often looking at me, clearly waiting for me to say something. I froze. I couldn't. A few things came to mind. One, I was there to take care of kids, not be a selfish fan. Some people were going there to dry hump him, and it bothered me a bit. Two, I'm so self conscious, and whatever came to my mind, just didn't feel right. I wanted to shake his hand, and thank him for playing so great (despite what some of you may think). I wanted a picture with  him. Unfortunately, I couldn't do it. It wasn't a regret to me, and I happily go to bed knowing I did the right thing.

We left the event with a t shirt from their foundation and an autographed football (two of them, to be exact).

Some quick notes:

-Amazing kids. So much damn energy.
-Nugent is pretty lean.
-Jordan Dalton is absolutely gorgeous. Instagram and internet does not do her justice.
-Andy's hair is super red. Damn. That's red hair.
-I'm about an inch taller than Andy, and broader. That being said, I was surprised by how built he is. Dude has some traps! He looks like a tiny man on the Football field. Haha!
- Afterwards I ate so much Wendys and passed out.

The End.

Great story! I said it in a different thread that we're lucky to have the Dalton family in Cincy. The fact that they seem so genuine is great.

I don't blame you for not wanting to pal up with Dalton though in that setting. I wouldn't have wanted to give off the impression it wasn't about the kids and I was there to swoon all over him. I did the same thing in 2010 when I job shadowed a sports journalist and had the chance to talk to all of the Bengals then. I kind of regretted not talking to them more but they were there to work and I was doing my own thing. Plus that team was awful was kind of mad at them anyways. LOL

Sometimes I don't think it would kill me to be more outspoken though.
Reply/Quote
Kudos to you and to the Daltons for giving those special needs kids and thier parents a great evening.
Reply/Quote
Classy couples, the Daltons and the Caped Crusaders.....
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Why would I kick Batman? Jk.... Cool story thanks for volunteering!!

Because of that ridiculous contract... you know the one I am talking about...

[Image: 1622710_813181875014_1242271424_n.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The superstars not a fan of the spotlight should want to come here. Seems like one of the easiest cities to be a superstar in. Don't have to worry about TMZ or whatever running around and following you. Fans really don't go bat shit crazy and make them not want to go out in public.
Reply/Quote
Way to pitch in for your community
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 10:12 AM)pally Wrote: I love that they are doing something for parents that seldomly get a break.  And, it gives the kids a great time too

Yes, based on the care and attention a lot of these children need, I'd say they needed it. A lot of these kids were minutes of explosion, mixed with more minutes of carefully watching them. 

(04-30-2016, 10:50 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The difference you mentioned between Dalton and Nugent, its leadership. These things come natural to Dalton, he is a natural leader. Gotta love the guy! haha

This is perfect. Nugent looked out of his shell. Not like he didn't want to be there, but like he didn't know how to react. 

(04-30-2016, 11:48 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: What did you get at Wendy's? You better have dipped your fries in a frosty.

4 for 4 meal and a baked potato. It was definitely my cheat meal.

(04-30-2016, 01:35 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Great story! I said it in a different thread that we're lucky to have the Dalton family in Cincy. The fact that they seem so genuine is great.

I don't blame you for not wanting to pal up with Dalton though in that setting. I wouldn't have wanted to give off the impression it wasn't about the kids and I was there to swoon all over him. I did the same thing in 2010 when I job shadowed a sports journalist and had the chance to talk to all of the Bengals then. I kind of regretted not talking to them more but they were there to work and I was doing my own thing. Plus that team was awful was kind of mad at them anyways. LOL

Sometimes I don't think it would kill me to be more outspoken though.

A couple guys there were definitely the prototypical, lets call Andy by his first name and pretend to be buddy buddy. We weren't there for that, and while I can understand parents doing it, it definitely bothered me. 

Of course, Dalton wore a genuine smile and never complained. 

(04-30-2016, 09:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The superstars not a fan of the spotlight should want to come here. Seems like one of the easiest cities to be a superstar in. Don't have to worry about TMZ or whatever running around and following you. Fans really don't go bat shit crazy and make them not want to go out in public.

Agreed.

(04-30-2016, 10:47 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Way to pitch in for your community

The Fiancee and I definitely try. While I am not religious (but come from a religious upbringing) my Fiancee is very much so. That being said, we live prosper lives and try to give back when we can. 

It was only appropriate that I wore my Batman shirt under my volunteer shirt! 

Reply/Quote
<--------- This SUV? lol
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 04:14 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: <--------- This SUV? lol

Yep! Hahaha.

Reply/Quote
Cool story, thanks for sharing. Nothing beats bringing a smile to a kids face.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote