Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Apology to Hue Jackson
Dear Hue,

The last time the Cincinnati Bengals had an explosive offensive was under your tutelage. From the moment you left to take the head coaching job in Cleveland the Bengals’ offense has sputtered.

Bill Lazor was crap, Brian Callahan is diarrhea, and your stock is rising with each successive loss. I’m sorry this organization didn’t understand what they had with you as offensive coordinator just like letting Mike Zimmer leave as defensive coordinator was also a grave error.

As wide receivers coach you mentored Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Chris Henry. You made Carson Palmer look good. You mentored AJ Green too and this brought the best out in Andy Dalton as well. You even had the offense ready when AJ McCarron had to plug in.

The best offenses in the Marvin Lewis era were fielded when you were on the team. It’s a fact.

I’m sorry, Hue. Maybe Mike Brown will bring you back.

Apologetically yours,

FIK
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:56 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Dear Hue,

The last time the Cincinnati Bengals had an explosive offensive was under your tutelage.  From the moment you left to take the head coaching job in Cleveland the Bengals’ offense has sputtered.  

Bill Lazor was crap, Brian Callahan is diarrhea, and your stock is rising with each successive loss.  I’m sorry this organization didn’t understand what they had with you as offensive coordinator just like letting Mike Zimmer leave as defensive coordinator was also a grave error.

As wide receivers coach you mentored Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Chris Henry.  You made Carson Palmer look good.  You mentored AJ Green too and this brought the best out in Andy Dalton as well.  You even had the offense ready when AJ McCarron had to plug in.

The best offenses in the Marvin Lewis era were fielded when you were on the team.  It’s a fact.  

I’m sorry, Hue.  Maybe Mike Brown will bring you back.

Apologetically yours,

FIK

I said last year that I'd be fine with Hue back as OC, he's just not a good HC. Same with Jay Gruden.
Both are way better than what the Bengals have now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Come on everyone...we have a modern offensive genius calling plays now!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I said last year that I'd be fine with Hue back as OC, he's just not a good HC. Same with Jay Gruden.
Both are way better than what the Bengals have now.

Absolutely agreeed. In fact, I was hoping for Hue to come back.

My dream offseason when I found out Marvin was fired was Eric Bienemy as HC, Hue Jackson as OC, and Del Rio as DC. Of course, that did not happen Whatever

It could have happened, it SHOULD have happened... but the Brown family circus decided to go the inexperienced route.

Well done, Browns. Well done indeed Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Come on everyone...we have a modern offensive genius calling plays now!

Be quiet Baker....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I said it in the game day thread about what I'd say to Zac Taylor if I was the owner and I'm sticking to it.

"I don't care if they switch Dalton or not.

But I still don't put all this on Dalton.

Most of Dalton's worst throws the last two weeks have been to Boyd.

We trade Green, I don't think Boyd has it to be a consistent number 1.

You put in some rookie QB, he better be able to move.

Because with Zac's offense he's gonna get killed. All 3 of our rushing TD's are by Dalton.

Zac Taylor doesn't want to run the ball, he's never wanted to run the ball. So he might as well be a man about it and throw it ever pass.

The difference between Bill Walsh and Zac Taylor?

Bill wasn't too prideful to change his playbook.

Cause Bill Walsh and Paul Brown completely scrapped a playbook to design one around Virgil Carter.

If I'm Mike Brown I'd go straight to Zac Taylor.

I'd tell him, straight up.

Maybe your more cut out to be a insurance salesman.

Because both my star RB and QB have regressed under you.

You have made Joe Mixon look worse then Ki-Jana Carter.

You have put literally everything on your QB and as a result have him playing like Akili Smith.

So you have one week to sit down with this entire offense and design something other then 11 personal.

I want to see 8 offensive linemen, I don't care if you have to travel to the great land of OZ to find them, Dalton, Bernard and Mixon on the field at the same time.

I want you to run the ball until you have 100 yards.

If you try to pass that ball one time, before you have 100 yards rushing your fired. I'm sure you'll make a good insurance salesman.

I don't care if it's 3 and 58. If you pass before 100 yards your fired.

Before the game you tell those 8 offensive linemen that they are gonna kick the defensive butt every single play or they will die trying.

Every play your gonna knock them in the teeth."

The 5 teams with the worst pass to run percentage have a combined record of 5 and 29 (Cincinnati, Atlanta, Chargers, Miami, Giants).

The 5 teams with the best pass to run percentage have a combined record of 25 and 8 (Ravens, Colts, Vikings, 49ers, Seahawks).

I've watched the Rams play a lot this year.

MCvay calls the exact same type of offense, but because of constant pressure from people he's finally starting to run the ball a little more.

Does anybody even remember Todd Gurley plays for the Rams?

Does anybody even remember Joe Mixon plays for us?

The only reason Mcvay's offense looks a lot better is because the talent is far superior, it makes up for it.

I would be very point blank with Zac Taylor, if you don't run the ball your fired.

I would bring out those old sleds out and have 8 offensive linemen attack them 1,000 times a day, 5 days a week.

I would have them convinced that they were gonna dominate the opposing defensive unit from a physical stand point.

When they have proven they can execute the most fundamental play in football, a run up the middle.

We will then start passing the ball.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:01 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I said it in the game day thread about what I'd say to Zac Taylor if I was the owner and I'm sticking to it.

"I don't care if they switch Dalton or not.

But I still don't put all this on Dalton.

Most of Dalton's worst throws the last two weeks have been to Boyd.

We trade Green, I don't think Boyd has it to be a consistent number 1.

You put in some rookie QB, he better be able to move.

Because with Zac's offense he's gonna get killed. All 3 of our rushing TD's are by Dalton.

Zac Taylor doesn't want to run the ball, he's never wanted to run the ball. So he might as well be a man about it and throw it ever pass.

The difference between Bill Walsh and Zac Taylor?

Bill wasn't too prideful to change his playbook.

Cause Bill Walsh and Paul Brown completely scrapped a playbook to design one around Virgil Carter.

If I'm Mike Brown I'd go straight to Zac Taylor.

I'd tell him, straight up.

Maybe your more cut out to be a insurance salesman.

Because both my star RB and QB have regressed under you.

You have made Joe Mixon look worse then Ki-Jana Carter.

You have put literally everything on your QB and as a result have him playing like Akili Smith.

So you have one week to sit down with this entire offense and design something other then 11 personal.

I want to see 8 offensive linemen, I don't care if you have to travel to the great land of OZ to find them, Dalton, Bernard and Mixon on the field at the same time.

I want you to run the ball until you have 100 yards.

If you try to pass that ball one time, before you have 100 yards rushing your fired. I'm sure you'll make a good insurance salesman.

I don't care if it's 3 and 58. If you pass before 100 yards your fired.

Before the game you tell those 8 offensive linemen that they are gonna kick the defensive butt every single play or they will die trying.

Every play your gonna knock them in the teeth."

The 5 teams with the worst pass to run percentage have a combined record of 5 and 29 (Cincinnati, Atlanta, Chargers, Miami, Giants).

The 5 teams with the best pass to run percentage have a combined record of 25 and 8 (Ravens, Colts, Vikings, 49ers, Seahawks).

I've watched the Rams play a lot this year.

MCvay calls the exact same type of offense, but because of constant pressure from people he's finally starting to run the ball a little more.

Does anybody even remember Todd Gurley plays for the Rams?

Does anybody even remember Joe Mixon plays for us?

The only reason Mcvay's offense looks a lot better is because the talent is far superior, it makes up for it.

I would be very point blank with Zac Taylor, if you don't run the ball your fired.

I would bring out those old sleds out and have 8 offensive linemen attack them 1,000 times a day, 5 days a week.

I would have them convinced that they were gonna dominate the opposing defensive unit from a physical stand point.

When they have proven they can execute the most fundamental play in football, a run up the middle.

We will then start passing the ball.

This of course assumes Mike Brown has the gumption to assert power over Zac and willing to admit it was a mistake to hire him in the beginning..

In some future death bed interview with Brown he'll say it was probably a mistake to hire Taylor, but once done he couldn't undo it for contractual reasons..or some such nonsense..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:12 AM)grampahol Wrote: This of course assumes Mike Brown has the gumption to assert power over Zac and willing to admit it was a mistake to hire him in the beginning..

In some future death bed interview with Brown he'll say it was probably a mistake to hire Taylor, but once done he couldn't undo it for contractual reasons..or some such nonsense..

Well to admin Taylor was a bad hire...or that something else was wrong is to admit failure on managements part.

They don't seem to be the type to do that. They seem to like to blame circumstances beyond control like injuries.
Reply/Quote
It’s been 7 games. 7. With serious injuries/retirement at a position that was all ready suspect. This team was awful down the stretch and got worse in the offseason. You can’t pin that on the new coach and you certainly don’t fire him 7, 16, or even 32 games in. It takes time to overhaul a roster and to coach the Marvinitis out of them.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:31 PM)Cicero Wrote: It’s been 7 games. 7. With serious injuries/retirement at a position that was all ready suspect. This team was awful down the stretch and got worse in the offseason. You can’t pin that on the new coach and you certainly don’t fire him 7, 16, or even 32 games in. It takes time to overhaul a roster and to coach the Marvinitis out of them.

Major points for “Marvinitis.”

Lou Anarumo seems to have exorcised much of the Terylitis out of the defense already. Sure, they still give up too many yards but at least they aren’t giving up hella points anymore.
Reply/Quote