Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Argument For Picking Chase Young First
(03-05-2020, 10:13 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: There was a guy named Vrabel that was pretty good and their leader on defense for years. He even padded Brady's stats playing as a TE every once in awhile. I won't ruffle any feathers and say what college he went to.  Tongue

I remember him getting in a bar fight on High St when I was there... Guy's come a long way.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:10 AM)jason Wrote: I remember him getting in a bar fight on High St when I was there... Guy's come a long way.

Ha! The Cooper years... I'm sure there was a lot of that going on during is reign (when they still had bars). But man that D-line was something great (Vrabel, Fickell, and Finkes). 

I transferred to OSU Tressel's first year. I actually took Tressel's coaching football class the fall quarter of the '02 NC season. There were a few shady things I saw from some of the players, mostly from guys that transferred out shortly after JT started. A funny one that stands out. I was in a general elective Biology class with about 500 students. By random chance, I was in a lab group of 4 with an All-American defensive player (and a 1st round NHL player). For the first test, the football player sat next to me and was blatantly copying. Lets just say, I was pretty average when it came to science classes and he didn't sit next to me on test day the rest of the quarter. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:47 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Ha! The Cooper years... I'm sure there was a lot of that going on during is reign (when they still had bars). But man that D-line was something great (Vrabel, Fickell, and Finkes). 

I transferred to OSU Tressel's first year. I actually took Tressel's coaching football class the fall quarter of the '02 NC season. There were a few shady things I saw from some of the players, mostly from guys that transferred out shortly after JT started. A funny one that stands out. I was in a general elective Biology class with about 500 students. By random chance, I was a lab group of 4 with an All-American defensive player (and a 1st round NHL player). For the first test, the football player sat next to me and was blatantly copying. Lets just say, I was pretty average when it came to science classes and he didn't sit next to me on test day the rest of the quarter. 

RJ Umberger, Dave Steckel or Ryan Kesler?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: RJ Umberger, Dave Steckel or Ryan Kesler?

RJ. He was a good guy, but didn't want to touch the earthworm. :)
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:47 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Ha! The Cooper years... I'm sure there was a lot of that going on during is reign (when they still had bars). But man that D-line was something great (Vrabel, Fickell, and Finkes). 

I transferred to OSU Tressel's first year. I actually took Tressel's coaching football class the fall quarter of the '02 NC season. There were a few shady things I saw from some of the players, mostly from guys that transferred out shortly after JT started. A funny one that stands out. I was in a general elective Biology class with about 500 students. By random chance, I was a lab group of 4 with an All-American defensive player (and a 1st round NHL player). For the first test, the football player sat next to me and was blatantly copying. Lets just say, I was pretty average when it came to science classes and he didn't sit next to me on test day the rest of the quarter. 

My last year there was the year before... They were outta control back then. Kenyon Rambo robbed somebody on campus. A LB named Joe Cooper was in my logic class. He stopped showing up half way through the quarter. Top basketball recruit named Damon Stringer beat my buddy's ex wife's brother's ass, and got the boot for it.

I was acquaintances with Tyson Walter... He had a quick stint with the Cowboys, but became the most famous for pressing charges on LeCharles Bentley years after he punched him in practice.

I wonder if they've cleaned up the athletic department or if I'm just too far away to know about all of this anymore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote