Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard v Dre
(03-02-2020, 09:21 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Dennard got 7.5 last year so he was compensated well for 2019.

Fwiw, he got 4.5 last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I still believe, from an investment standpoint, that getting Jackson some game experience and evaluating his was much more important than Peerman....

Believe the same. Fred even might of but he HAS to defend Marv at all costs.

(03-04-2020, 09:26 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd prefer Dennard over Kirkpatrick. They both have troubles staying healthy, and both have terrible hands, but at least you can count on Dennard to tackle.

I will maintain my stance that Dennard has always been miscast as a CB. He would have been much better off spending 2014 putting on 10-20lbs of muscle and moving to S.

Good point about Dennard moving to Safety, might of gave Shawn a run for his money if he did.

I just don't know if you want to move a CB to Safety that has had injury concerns. 

A lot more hard hitting at the Safety position.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Believe the same. Fred even might of but he HAS to defend Marv at all costs.

No more than you have to make up reasons to hate on him.
Reply/Quote
Our starting Cornerback Dre has 1 pick in the last 3 years. One that’s it !! So about 30 million per turnover. Yep. Let’s keep the guy such a playmaker.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:49 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Our starting Cornerback Dre has 1 pick in the last 3 years. One that’s it !! So about 30 million per turnover. Yep. Let’s keep the guy such a playmaker.

W Jax and Dennard have a combined 4 in 6 years.

That (CLEARLY) points to a scheme issue, rather than a player issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: W Jax and Dennard have a combined 4 in 6 years.

That (CLEARLY) points to a scheme issue, rather than a player issue.

Yeah agree scheme has a lot to do with it , but he still drops a decent amount of INT s.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No more than you have to make up reasons to hate on him.

I don't have to make up anything, when I disagree, I disagree. There was a lot of good things Marv did I gave him props for.

Sitting our first round pick CB in his rookie season instead of getting his feet wet is not one of them. WJ3 was healthy and it 
would of helped the team a lot more to get him out there than a washed up Cedric Peerman and I was a Peerman homer, you
remember?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:01 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yeah agree scheme has a lot to do with it , but he still drops a decent amount of INT s.

I'm baffled as to that, personally.

I mean, if it was a trend going back to college, I can see that, but he made some great grabs from 2013-2017 and all of a sudden, he can't hold on to a ball worth a damn in the last 2 years.

Puzzling; he would've had like 6 or 7 picks combined in the past 2 years, if he held on to them.
Reply/Quote
And as Au165 and Synric pointed out Darius Phillips had 4 interceptions in 8 games last year in limited snaps.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: WJ3 was healthy and it would of helped the team a lot more to get him out there than a washed up Cedric Peerman and I was a Peerman homer, you remember?

Jackson was a rookie who missed all of training camp.  He may not have been prepared to play.  During the regular season there are not enough practice reps to learn the basics.  Practice during the regular season is about game planning for a specific opponent.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And as Au165 and Synric pointed out Darius Phillips had 4 interceptions in 8 games last year in limited snaps.

He's the only outlier.

I'm telling you, it MUST be scheme;

Shawn Williams and Bates get a bunch of picks, our LBs get picks (12 in total), CBs have NONE, all year, in 2018.

I don't think any team in NFL history has gone an entire year with no picks from the CBs.

Then last year, 1 for WJax, 1 for Webb, 5 for non CBs, bang Phillips gets 4.

Maybe Lou's getting a better grasp on the team and such?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jackson was a rookie who missed all of training camp.  He may not have been prepared to play.  During the regular season there are not enough practice reps to learn the basics.  Practice during the regular season is about game planning for a specific opponent.

We were still in the playoffs at that point and Gio-van just went down for the season, so we needed a RB as well.

Everyone's forgetting that; at the time, one couldn't know how that decision went, but in hindsight, we know it was the wrong one.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jackson was a rookie who missed all of training camp.  He may not have been prepared to play.  During the regular season there are not enough practice reps to learn the basics.  Practice during the regular season is about game planning for a specific opponent.

True, I guess I cannot argue with that.

(03-04-2020, 05:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We were still in the playoffs at that point and Gio-van just went down for the season, so we needed a RB as well.

Everyone's forgetting that; at the time, one couldn't know how that decision went, but in hindsight, we know it was the wrong one.

I forgot Gio went down, thanks, makes much more sense to me now. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 05:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's the only outlier.

I'm telling you, it MUST be scheme;

Shawn Williams and Bates get a bunch of picks, our LBs get picks (12 in total), CBs have NONE, all year, in 2018.

I don't think any team in NFL history has gone an entire year with no picks from the CBs.

Then last year, 1 for WJax, 1 for Webb, 5 for non CBs, bang Phillips gets 4.

Maybe Lou's getting a better grasp on the team and such?

Hope so, as long as we are improving things are looking up. We all knew with these inexperienced coaches it would take time.

Just took longer than I thought, hoping for significant improvement this offseason.

They sure will have a big leg up preparation wise going into this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No more than you have to make up reasons to hate on him.

Never seen Nate "hate" on Marv....he is pretty fair, IMHO
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 05:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We were still in the playoffs at that point and Gio-van just went down for the season, so we needed a RB as well.

Yeah... Wasn't that the year when Rex was playing significant snaps by the end of the season? Patriots plucked him the following off-season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 11:57 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah... Wasn't that the year when Rex was playing significant snaps by the end of the season? Patriots plucked him the following off-season.

Correct.

Bulkhead left in his dickish way.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 02:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Correct.

Bulkhead left in his dickish way.

Yeah 13 carries his first three years. I can't see why he wanted to leave.
Reply/Quote