Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Bengals Best Available Athlete Mock Draft All Rounds
Combining top college blue chip high school recruit lists with where they are going from college into NFL in draft now..

# 9. Leonard Fournette---RB----LSU
# 41. Raekwon McMillan---LB----Ohio State
# 73. Montravius Adams----DT----Auburn
# 116. Daeshon Hall---DE---Texas A&M
# 138. Vince Biegel---LB----Wisconsin
# 153. Eddie Vanderoes----DT----UCLA
# 176. Artavis Scott----WR----Clemson
# 193. Josh Malone----WR-----Tennessee
# 217. T.J. Logan----RB-----North Carolina
# 227. Freddie Stevenson-----FB and LB----Florida State
# 251. Garrett Sickles-----DE-----Penn State

Before you say no O Linemen and too much of same position players, there is no way this is exactly how Bengals draft.
Nobody ever gets the draft right and if they get one player right they are doing something. Per CBS Draft Rankings as of Now and Football 247 top college recruits from 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 these are players that stand out on CBS Draft Rankings at or right after Bengals picks. I didn't cheat and move up. The player could be ranked no higher than our draft pick position. There may be some talent at D Line and LB in first 5 rounds. After 5 there looks to be some late WR talent, and all purpose back, a talented FB and special teams LB combo player and a last pick DE of talent.

I tried to weed out off field issue players, but as I got into later rounds it was just hard to find blue chip recruits late in draft. I do like that these are players that have played at a high level in high school and college. Paul Brown talked of Best Available Athletes and these players fit that if you look at where we draft, who CBS Football has ranked there, and their blue chip stock going into college as well.

One player I didn't reach down for but Bengals should consider is the blue chip college recruit center who can play guard and tackle and is a top center in the NFL draft. His name is Ethan Pocic of LSU and Bengals taking him in round 3 would not be a bad move if they want a guy to challenge for center and guard and provide depth. This kid was a top high school player and a top college player ranked pretty good for a center in an NFL draft.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Nice list Kevin. I would have put Obi Melifonwu in that second round, but that would be a cheat per your attempt. CBS has him in the low 30s, before our pick, not eligible.

He is without question the best athlete in the second round though

4.40 forty yard
44 vertical
141 broad jump
...at 6'4 224
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 06:32 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Nice list Kevin.  I would have put Obi Melifonwu in that second round, but that would be a cheat per your attempt.  CBS has him in the low 30s, before our pick, not eligible.

He is without question the best athlete in the second round though

4.40 forty yard
44 vertical
141 broad jump
...at 6'4 224

Thanks...Good thing I'm retired....It took time to go from CBS Draft Rankings on Internet and Football top 247 college recruits from 2012 through 2015. I had a lot of web sites on at one time.  Of course the later into the draft, the harder it was to go though and find somebody who was a high school star.  You can't do it in reverse because many high school stars get injured, red shirt, transfer, get kicked off team.  I found you can only work from NFL draft list back.   I also made an all speed with size and power team leaving off QB. 

RB- Leonard Fournette, LSU....ON OTHER LIST
FB- Freddie Stevenson, Florida State.....ON OTHER LIST
WR- Josh Malone, Tennessee......ON OTHER LIST
WR- Chris Godman- Penn State
TE- Even Engram- Penn State
T- Antonio Garcia, Troy
T- Cam Robinson- Alabama
G- Jessamen Dunker, Tennessee State
G- Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky
C- Ethan Pocic, LSU......Bengals may want to draft this guy around 3.

DT- Montravius Adams, Auburn.....ON OTHER LIST
DT- Charles Walker, Oklahoma
DE- Myles Garrett- Texas A&M
DE- Solomon Thomas- Stanford
MLB- Raekwon McMillan- Ohio State......ON OTHER LIST
OLB- Haason Reddick, Temple
OLB- Duke Riley, LSU
CB- Fabian Moreau, UCLA
CB- Cororea Tankersley, Clemson
FS- Delano Hill, Michigan
SS- Obi Melifonwu, Connecticut 

You can't teach speed.  Still, there is track speed and football speed. So I wanted to see who the high school blue chippers are that might be there when we draft.  I'm done now. At least now I have an idea who is in the draft in April....GO BENGALS !!!!.....Will they grab the Arizona State kicker late in draft, We Will See. Many things possible in this extra long Bengals draft. This Myles Garrett was best player out of high school and now best player out of college so could be Pro Bowl and maybe Hall of Fame. The Cleveland Browns would be smart to draft him, which is why they will probably draft yet another quarterback as they do every year. As I said in another post, if we can't get Fournette, the other great option for Bengals is Reuben Foster who was great in high school and college. Either one is Bengals adding a possible Pro Bowl Player with AJ Green type talent at their positions.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 07:22 PM)kevin Wrote: Thanks...Good thing I'm retired....It took time to go from CBS Draft Rankings on Internet and Football top 247 college recruits from 2012 through 2015. I had a lot of web sites on at one time.  Of course the later into the draft, the harder it was to go though and find somebody who was a high school star.  You can't do it in reverse because many high school stars get injured, red shirt, transfer, get kicked off team.  I found you can only work from NFL draft list back.   I also made an all speed with size and power team leaving off QB. 

RB- Leonard Fournette, LSU....ON OTHER LIST
FB- Freddie Stevenson, Florida State.....ON OTHER LIST
WR- Josh Malone, Tennessee......ON OTHER LIST
WR- Chris Godman- Penn State
TE- Even Engram- Penn State
T- Antonio Garcia, Troy
T- Cam Robinson- Alabama
G- Jessamen Dunker, Tennessee State
G- Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky
C- Ethan Pocic, LSU......Bengals may want to draft this guy around 3.

DT- Montravius Adams, Auburn.....ON OTHER LIST
DT- Charles Walker, Oklahoma
DE- Myles Garrett- Texas A&M
DE- Solomon Thomas- Stanford
MLB- Raekwon McMillan- Ohio State......ON OTHER LIST
OLB- Haason Reddick, Temple
OLB- Duke Riley, LSU
CB- Fabian Moreau, UCLA
CB- Cororea Tankersley, Clemson
FS- Delano Hill, Michigan
SS- Obi Melifonwu, Connecticut 

You can't teach speed.  Still, there is track speed and football speed. So I wanted to see who the high school blue chippers are that might be there when we draft.  I'm done now. At least now I have an idea who is in the draft in April....GO BENGALS !!!!.....Will they grab the Arizona State kicker late in draft, We Will See.  Many things possible in this extra long Bengals draft.  This Myles Garrett was best player out of high school and now best player out of college so could be Pro Bowl and maybe Hall of Fame.  The Cleveland Browns would be smart to draft him, which is why they will probably draft yet another quarterback as they do every year. As I said in another post, if we can't get Fournette, the other great option for Bengals is Reuben Foster who was great in high school and college. Either one is Bengals adding a possible Pro Bowl Player with AJ Green type talent at their positions.

Josh Malone is gonna be a STEAL in the mid to later rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 09:36 PM)pulses Wrote: Josh Malone is gonna be a STEAL in the mid to later rounds.

I agree.  Randy Moss and Chris Henry tall, big and a lot of speed.  A big tall fast target going down the field for QB to see. ....and why at least one team will grab him off the boards earlier than late rounds. We know what a big, tall, fast, Collinsworth or Henry can be as a deep bomb threat.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote