Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Bold Prediction ...
I believe they trade their 1st round pick to the highest bidder.

They draft all the non-QB positions they feel they need.

They draft a QB in round 3 to sit behind Dalton for his final contract year.

The Browns and Mayfield are the most recent example of having a stud QB doesn't mean a Lombardi, without the team around him.

Also, there have been several Lombardis won with average to above average QBs.
Reply/Quote
Not happening.

Picking Burrow is the easiest pick in the history of the organization.
Reply/Quote
I don't see anything about Mayfield that would lead me to believe he is a "stud QB". To the contrary, he has weapons all around him and still threw 20 interceptions this year. Take Burrow and be set at QB next 15 years. Not a hard decision.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:40 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Not happening.

Picking Burrow is the easiest pick in the history of the organization.

Really, one great year with little behind it is a concern. Herbert then is also.a easy pick when you look what he has done in college..correct
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:37 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I believe they trade their 1st round pick to the highest bidder.

The Browns and Mayfield are the most recent example of having a stud QB doesn't mean a Lombardi, without the team around him.

Also, there have been several Lombardis won with average to above average And.

I watched Bill Parcels talk on this exact topic earlier today. He said no way to trading away Burrows for picks. He really liked how Burrows plays.

Reply/Quote
Don't bet the farm on Burrow being an automatic pick.

Bill Parcells is no Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:42 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I don't see anything about Mayfield that would lead me to believe he is a "stud QB".  To the contrary, he has weapons all around him and still threw 20 interceptions this year.  Take Burrow and be set at QB next 15 years.  Not a hard decision.

No???  He was a 'given' 1st round pick!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Don't bet the farm on Burrow being an automatic pick.

Bill Parcells is no Mike Brown.

I'm not betting the farm on Burrow hitting, but I'll bet the farm they take him. Baker Hayseed wasn't considered a stud QB coming out. He was initially ranked behind Darnold, Rosen, and maybe even Allen if I'm remembering correctly... The Browns fell in love, and many questioned the pick at the time. But I agree with your premise. A QB drafted high on to a bad team is starting out behind the 8 ball, and has a good chance of flopping. Correct me if I'm wrong, but only Cam Newton and Andrew Luck were the top QBs taken in the last decade that really lived up to the hype.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Herbert being from Oregon is an immediate red flag. Tua having a potential career ending injury is a red flag on him. So Burrow is the best pick if we go QB. The part I hate is we probably have to go WR in Round 2 because we have seen all year the lack of ability to separate in the current receivers and (in the case of Ross and some others) lack of fundamental ball skills. To me we can't risk AJ being out again so that means grabbing the best WR on the board in Round 2.
Reply/Quote
In most year's I would say yes shop the pick, but this pick has the potential to really put us in the right direction for years to come.

1) Burrow- No Brainer best player in college at a position of need, also frees up Dalton's 18 million to address other areas of need.

2) 2nd round pick is #1, someone will slide out of the 1st for some reason and it's like we get 2 studs to build around.

-we are in great position this year to acquire solid players in the first 4 rounds that can make an immediate impact.
Reply/Quote
I think we take Burrow and it seems like more of a no-brainer and safe pick than the Mayfield one did, at the moment. With that being said, I realize it's sort of hard for us to watch the Browns flop with a 1st overall Heisman-winning QB and unworthy HC while acting like Burrow and ZT are going to be a hit pairing.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: No???  He was a 'given' 1st round pick!

That's because teams reach for QBs every year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
How is the “not taking burrow at 1” take still a thing when we all watched him personally account for 8 tds last night in a playoff game?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 07:37 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I believe they trade their 1st round pick to the highest bidder.

No way do we pass on Burrow. You could offer us 3 1sts and we'll take Burrow still.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:18 PM)Stick357 Wrote: How is the “not taking burrow at 1” take still a thing when we all watched him personally account for 8 tds last night in a playoff game?

Ida know...I'm sold on the guy but David Klingler was pretty awesome in college, too.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:12 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not betting the farm on Burrow hitting, but I'll bet the farm they take him. Baker Hayseed wasn't considered a stud QB coming out. He was initially ranked behind Darnold, Rosen, and maybe even Allen if I'm remembering correctly... The Browns fell in love, and many questioned the pick at the time. But I agree with your premise. A QB drafted high on to a bad team is starting out behind the 8 ball, and has a good chance of flopping. Correct me if I'm wrong, but only Cam Newton and Andrew Luck were the top QBs taken in the last decade that really lived up to the hype.

Newton has not, one great season , and luck has been good not great  plus injury prone
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I watched Bill Parcels talk on this exact topic earlier today. He said no way to trading away Burrows for picks. He really liked how Burrows plays.

Which is funny because Burrow would not meet Parcells own rules for drafting a QB that many for years took as gospel. That should tell people how good he is.

At some point before the draft I’ll do a total tape breakdown and try to clip plays to explain it. What I can tell you is he will probably be the second or third highest QB to come out since Andrew Luck (some may have Ryan over him still). His tape is that good, no matter how hard you look for flaws they aren’t there.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we take Burrow and it seems like more of a no-brainer and safe pick than the Mayfield one did, at the moment.  With that being said, I realize it's sort of hard for us to watch the Browns flop with a 1st overall Heisman-winning QB and unworthy HC while acting like Burrow and ZT are going to be a hit pairing.

So A QB not mentioned in most drafts in top 2 rounds coming into season now is a safe pick..hmm. I still say Herbert is the safe pick
Reply/Quote
As the OP, my prediction is based on trying to 2nd guess MB.

I don't care WHAT they do with their first round pick.

But there are 2 things, being around this forum, that I do believe will happen:

1.  If they don't pick him, the Cincinnati police will line the Ohio River Bridge looking for jumpers.

2.  If they DO pick him, and, 5-7 years down the road, this franchise is still Lomardiless, and he becomes the modern day Dan Marino, there will be temper tantrums all over here questioning picking him in 2020, as the average, at best, QBs continue to win rings, like Tent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Eli Manning.  Cool
Reply/Quote

Weird that you didn't point to the Ravens or Chiefs as your example of a team having a young stud QB doing well. 

Several Lombardi's won with average QBs? Don't be silly. There have been 5 or so average QBs to win a Superbowl out of over 50. I'll go ahead and roll with the odds and want the stud QB.

Put the bottle down and go take a cold shower and we'll see you next year in your Burrow jersey. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote