Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Camp Day Experience.
1. It was hot, but the wind was nice.
2. Burfict looks like he is shape.
3. Andy Dalton Looks good. Very handsome.
4. The gift shop was crowded but some nice items.
5. The field looks crisp and the stadium looks nice.
6. 50 year on the front of the stadium looks really nice.
7. Joe is fast as can be, but I probably could beat him in a race if I was in a car.
8. AJ Green, looks good.
9. Eifert must stay healthy he looks like a tall horse.
10. The reds gift shop looks good, but really expansive this time of the year.

Lapham sounded like he was drunk or just didn't focus cause the sun was in his eyes maybe, he called AJ McCarron AJ Dalton I think.
Finally got to see the new Pete Rose statue, looks nice.
And I can't help but to jaywalk anytime cars are not coming.
Reply/Quote
Mine. Kudos to the bengals for putting something nice together for the fans. Got to park under the garage by lot d, under the stadium, for free.

Most of the stuff was geared towards young kids. Which is fine. I bought my sons hat and z notebook in the pro shop for autographs. He got none because they did a poor job of that part of it. Only complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 11:55 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Mine.  Kudos to the bengals for putting something nice together for the fans.  Got to park under the garage by lot d, under the stadium, for free.

Most of the stuff was geared towards young kids.  Which is fine.  I bought my sons hat and z notebook in the pro shop for autographs.  He got none because they did a poor job of that part of it.  Only complaint.

I've always thought that the "gear" should be geared toward kids instead of adults. When I was a kid I don't remember any adults wearing pro (or even amateur ) jerseys outside of a playing field.  I think it occurred when baseball cards suddenly became 'collectors items' and valuable. Grown men wearing other men's clothing with their names on them?  Must be just me, but it's always seemed a bit childish.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 03:09 AM)grampahol Wrote: I've always thought that the "gear" should be geared toward kids instead of adults. When I was a kid I don't remember any adults wearing pro (or even amateur ) jerseys outside of a playing field.  I think it occurred when baseball cards suddenly became 'collectors items' and valuable. Grown men wearing other men's clothing with their names on them?  Must be just me, but it's always seemed a bit childish.. 

I sort of agree with that.  I have a Geno Atkins jersey, I've worn it twice.  Once at a game, the other time to a sports bar to watch a game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 03:09 AM)grampahol Wrote: I've always thought that the "gear" should be geared toward kids instead of adults. When I was a kid I don't remember any adults wearing pro (or even amateur ) jerseys outside of a playing field.  I think it occurred when baseball cards suddenly became 'collectors items' and valuable. Grown men wearing other men's clothing with their names on them?  Must be just me, but it's always seemed a bit childish.. 

I wasn't referring to the gear in the pro shop. I meant the activities at family day. Which they should be. My only gripe about the event was how they handled the autographs. I probably enjoyed watching camp better on the practice fields.

The pro shop had lots of nice looking merchandise. I've only owned 1 player jersey, a Carson palmer one my got me for Christmas. Its retired

Reply/Quote
I guess there's a fine line between being a kid and wanting to still be a kid. On one hand it's good to keep some youthfulness and not end up as some grumpy old bastard incapable of having fun. On the other hand we have a society that pushes kids to grow up entirely too fast. I guess the trick is to remain youthful without being childish.
I don't have anything against people who wear sports gear or whatever, but some go overboard.  My daughters last bf was a real piece of work. He had a boat load of Bengals stuff and would spend the food budget for it and prohibit the kids from even touching any of it as if it were all some sacred monument. He'd drag the kids to TC , but never buy them a damned thing. It was all just for himself. A 40 year old child..
Gee, I wonder why my grandkids don't care about the Bengals anymore..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 08:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I sort of agree with that.  I have a Geno Atkins jersey, I've worn it twice.  Once at a game, the other time to a sports bar to watch a game.

I used to wear jerseys to games, but now I just fee too old to do that.  When you're 25 and the same age as the plyers, it seems fine.  But at twice that age, not so much.  I see lots of older folks wearing jerseys on game day, and that's cool for them, it just seems weird for me to do it now.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 06:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I used to wear jerseys to games, but now I just fee too old to do that.  When you're 25 and the same age as the plyers, it seems fine.  But at twice that age, not so much.  I see lots of older folks wearing jerseys on game day, and that's cool for them, it just seems weird for me to do it now.  

Oh, I forgot one.  I also wore it to a Halloween Party, last year, along with a paper bag and frown face.  I was the disgruntled Bengals fan..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Fridays at work during the Football Season are Jersey Day. Many in my department wear the jerseys of their team. I must say that I participate and seldom have to wear the same jersey.

Personally I like folks that wear the Bengal gear; regardless of age. How the hell else am I going to know you're a Bengal's fan?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 07:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fridays at work during the Football Season are Jersey Day. Many in my department wear the jerseys of their team. I must say that I participate and seldom have to wear the same jersey.

Personally I like folks that wear the Bengal gear; regardless of age. How the hell else am I going to know you're a Bengal's fan?

Well, you'll at least spot Sunset with the paper bag on his head.

I have lots of Bengals gear, that isn't a jersey, that I wear to games:  polos, sweatshirts, hoodies, jackets, caps, toques, gloves, watches, even scarfs.  So, it's readily apparent whom I'm supporting even though I'm not in a jersey.  

On a somewhat related note:  I'm with the wife at a restaurant a couple of Fridays ago, and the hostess leads a couple past our table.  I notice the guy is wearing a Hill jersey, so I give him a "Who Dey!" He stutters out "Uh....thanks" and walks on.  I mean, what the hell?  You get a Who Dey in public, do you not reciprocate?  I thought people knew to do that.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 07:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, you'll at least spot Sunset with the paper bag on his head.

I have lots of Bengals gear, that isn't a jersey, that I wear to games:  polos, sweatshirts, hoodies, jackets, caps, toques, gloves, watches, even scarfs.  So, it's readily apparent whom I'm supporting even though I'm not in a jersey.  

On a somewhat related note:  I'm with the wife at a restaurant a couple of Fridays ago, and the hostess leads a couple past our table.  I notice the guy is wearing a Hill jersey, so I give him a "Who Dey!" He stutters out "Uh....thanks" and walks on.  I mean, what the hell?  You get a Who Dey in public, do you not reciprocate?  I thought people knew to do that.  

Poser.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 07:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, you'll at least spot Sunset with the paper bag on his head.

On a somewhat related note:  I'm with the wife at a restaurant a couple of Fridays ago, and the hostess leads a couple past our table.  I notice the guy is wearing a Hill jersey, so I give him a "Who Dey!" He stutters out "Uh....thanks" and walks on.  I mean, what the hell?  You get a Who Dey in public, do you not reciprocate?  I thought people knew to do that.  

Should have stuck a fork in his neck. He was a spy. Damnit, you missed the opportunity. I bet he was wearing yellow and black socks. Son-of-a?

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 11:17 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: 1.  It was hot, but the wind was nice.
2.  Burfict looks like he is shape.  
3.  Andy Dalton Looks good.  Very handsome.
4.  The gift shop was crowded but some nice items.
5.   The field looks crisp and the stadium looks nice.
6.   50 year on the front of the stadium looks really nice.
7.   Joe is fast as can be, but I probably could beat him in a race if I was in a car.
8.   AJ Green, looks good.
9.   Eifert must stay healthy he looks like a tall horse.
10.  The reds gift shop looks good, but really expansive this time of the year.

Lapham sounded like he was drunk or just didn't focus cause the sun was in his eyes maybe, he called AJ McCarron AJ Dalton I think.
Finally got to see the new Pete Rose statue, looks nice.
And I can't help but to jaywalk anytime cars are not coming.

I hope you got to have a bite of that Fu#@ing tuna on rye you haven't stopped thinking about!
Reply/Quote

Well sports jerseys are a billion dollar a year industry so Im thinking there are plenty of people that don't think it is childish. 

Then again watching people running around tackling each other with a inflatable leather object could be considered childish if you think about it.  

I would much rather see a stadium full of grown men in jerseys than watching one of those old time games where people are all wearing suits. It looks stupid
Reply/Quote

That's not gonna help their sales.  I'm sure they want everyone, men, women, and children, to buy their jerseys.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 10:45 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I wasn't referring to the gear in the pro shop.  I meant the activities at family day.  Which they should be.  My only gripe about the event was how they handled the autographs.  I probably enjoyed watching camp better on the practice fields.

The pro shop had lots of nice looking merchandise.  I've only owned 1 player jersey, a Carson palmer one my got me for Christmas. Its retired

Mine is too....and is the only jersey I have.....it is also autographed by Kimo Von Olhoffen.....I shit you not. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote