Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Concerns
(10-02-2018, 11:34 AM)yang Wrote: Flacco and Newton are below average passers, Luck was having his first game back in almost two years.   They all shredded our defense and they are all weak run teams that shredded us as well.    We have been horrible.  End. Stop.

Cam completed like 15 passes against us. He didn’t shred us with his arm. It was his and McCaffery’s legs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 11:34 AM)yang Wrote: Flacco and Newton are below average passers, Luck was having his first game back in almost two years.   They all shredded our defense and they are all weak run teams that shredded us as well.    We have been horrible.  End. Stop.

Flacco is back, and Luck came out prepared and looked like his old self. Newton sets up a whole different game plan due to his danger in running.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 11:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Cam completed like 15 passes against us. He didn’t shred us with his arm. It was his and McCaffery’s legs.

Does it really matter how they shred you? You have to play Newton different BECAUSE he is so dangerous out of the pocket. Y'all can be down on the D if you want, it's a free world. I just don't see them as bad as you do right now. I think we need more production out of the front 4, but we have been playing without 2 starting linebackers. I'm not concerned....
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 12:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Does it really matter how they shred you? You have to play Newton different BECAUSE he is so dangerous out of the pocket. Y'all can be down on the D if you want, it's a free world. I just don't see them as bad as you do right now. I think we need more production out of the front 4, but we have been playing without 2 starting linebackers. I'm not concerned....

I disagree Sled. I do agree we need more from the front 4, but the DBs are totally lost. You can see it in their body language and eyes. What is wrong with WJIII? Very unimpressive so far this season. I am concerned, later in the season we are going to need this D to come to life.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 10:19 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont think we could have asked more from the Bengals with their 3-1 start. Im pumped and excited but lets talk about some of the things that worry you or that you would like to see this team improve upon:

1. Im worried about the overall health of this team. Ross, Price, Eiffert, AJ, Gio. The list goes on. Its early in the season and this team is banged up.

2. The defense. Im not really sure why this defense is struggling so bad. They have a TON of talent. I think the defensive line is going to be fine, they have talent - we all know this. The linebackers are another story. Im not sold on Vigil and Brown. Burfict coming back will hopefully be a big lift. Also, the secondary has talent, but they are getting torched at times.

Basically, whats up with the defense? Is it a scheme thing, the way they play, or what? I feel like they have WAY too much talent on that side of the ball to be playing this bad.

Those are really the only two concerns I have moving forward.

Too much zone on defense. We have man defense personnel. 

I think its mostly due to new coordinator or scheme since i cant say a single db is playing at the level they did last year. Its not just one player sucking its the whole lot. Wj3 is the biggest head scratcher to me. Just doesnt look like the same player this year. 

As for the linebacking corp, this is not a surprise at all. Outside of burfict they are terrible. Vigil is terrible, evans is ok but mostly just as bad as vigil. Brown is intermittent. Nickerson is practice squad material...

Tbh i cant remember a time where we had 3 competant lbers on the field. I really hope they put some resources into getting better at this position group in the off season. Maybe a new lber coach?? 

Im afraid its gonna be a long season of watching them get smoked on check downs, short passes, and runs. Hope you have blood pressure medication cause the heart attack cats are back!! Lol

We need vb badly!!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:22 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Too much zone on defense. We have man defense personnel. 

I think its mostly due to new coordinator or scheme since i cant say a single db is playing at the level they did last year. Its not just one player sucking its the whole lot. Wj3 is the biggest head scratcher to me. Just doesnt look like the same player this year. 

You answered your own question. All the while people were complaining that Jones was keeping Jackson off the field, it was Jackson's Zone mistakes that kept him off the field.  That is where he has always struggled, in zone coverage.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I agree with too much zone. It doesn't allow out pass rush to develop either because it encourages short passes. Play more press and hope the rush gets there. Also odd to see a team in zone overpursue so much. Vigil is constantly overrunning plays. Liek the agrressive nature but it has to be smart
Reply/Quote
If 29th or 30 worst defense doesn't concern you then, well not much will.

I see 3 areas to be addressed.

Scheme
Tackling
Individual responsibility e.g. players doing too much or too little. Over pursuing, gap responsibility, slow recognition, etc.

There is no way you can overcome all three being poor.

Also, I would not expect Burfict to be the savior as teams will scheme against him to nullify his strengths. He helps immensely, don't get me wrong. Our linebackers are the worse in the NFL. Vigil is one of the worst rated on PFF and he's been the best we can trot out there.
Reply/Quote
One thing that I found impressive was that they seemed to have lost the ability to panic and fold when they are behind.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Last year Burfict didn't have as much impact on the run as I'm used to, I hope it goes back to that case where you have trouble running up the middle on us when Burfict is a tackling machine. We're getting gashed on the run. At least be good at stopping ONE thing!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I agree, Vigil isn't starter material as indicated by his PFF score too. We have problems getting pressure without blitz, and we didn't blitz much on Matt Ryan. We need to get pressure without blitz, we pay big bucks and have a "star studded" rotatable D line.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 10:19 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont think we could have asked more from the Bengals with their 3-1 start. Im pumped and excited but lets talk about some of the things that worry you or that you would like to see this team improve upon:

1. Im worried about the overall health of this team. Ross, Price, Eiffert, AJ, Gio. The list goes on. Its early in the season and this team is banged up.

2. The defense. Im not really sure why this defense is struggling so bad. They have a TON of talent. I think the defensive line is going to be fine, they have talent - we all know this. The linebackers are another story. Im not sold on Vigil and Brown. Burfict coming back will hopefully be a big lift. Also, the secondary has talent, but they are getting torched at times.

Basically, whats up with the defense? Is it a scheme thing, the way they play, or what? I feel like they have WAY too much talent on that side of the ball to be playing this bad.

Those are really the only two concerns I have moving forward.

The defense struggling is across the board in the NFL.. offense scoring on pace to set a NFL record.. rule changes have made defense a paper bag around the league overall.   yes we can play better but i believe get us to giving up points with these rules
Reply/Quote