Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dad recently passed...
I hate to hear about your dad Weezy...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss Weezy. It’s awesome you had great times and memories with your Dad. Who Dey to you both.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My favorite sports moment with my dad was when I was just a kid. Mom and dad took my brother and I to a Reds game and they wanted to beat the traffic since Reds were behind by 2 or 3 in the bottom of the 8th. My brother and i put up a stink about waiting it out just because and sure enough bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, 2 out Johnny Bench hits one out and they win it big time..
The rest of the trip home of course i couldn't shut up about it.."Aren't ya glad we stayed, dad? Aren't ya glad we stayed? Aren't ya glad we stayed?...."
"YES dammit! I'm thrilled now shut up!"
Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We lost Dad in 2015. Like most of us my Dad made me a Bengals fan. One of the first things he did upon returning from Vietnam in 1968 was to go see "Pauls team" at Nippert. He died on Sunday December the 5th 2015 literally as the Bengals were crushing the Eagles. The game was on in his hospital room and though he lost consciousness the night before and we had removed the ventilator a couple of hours before he literally expired with the game clock. It was probably a coincidence but an appropriate one. I'm so sorry you are going through this. My only advice is to let the grief come, its brutal to say the least but it gets easier as you process it. It never stops hurting, but it becomes sort of okay over time.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 03:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My Dad recently passed away. We went to too many Bengals games together to count. The other day when I was cleaning out his house, I went through all of his memorabilia. He had a ton of Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Big Red Machine stuff. He also had a ton of Bengals stuff. I think the coolest thing I came across was the seat cushion from the Super Bowl. There were also cans of the "Who Dey" beer. I think the design of these cans is just too cool. Below is a picture of some of the stuff I found:

[Image: KWnFRUQIoyWV4wBDqWm0lwd9zYz_N_hNpy3twgaK...authuser=0]

Sorry for your loss Weezy. That is rough, at least you have the memories to go along with the memorabilia. 

The SB cushion and the Who Dey beer cans are awesome.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss Weezy. How amazing to have the memories with him. The memorabilia is way cool, but I can't imagine the.joy of taking in all those games together. Sounds like a very special man. Blessings and comfort bro!
Reply/Quote
Seeing this a little late since your post, but I wanted to extend my condolences and hope your memories serve as at least a modicum of comfort.
Reply/Quote
It's always tough losing someone you love, but be glad you had a nice relationship with your father and cherish the memories. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for you loss, Weezy. I'm sure every time your dad saw those items he remembered the times he had with you when you were young. Keep them and cherish them.

It was my father who got me to become a Bengals fan, although he wasn't a Bengals fan per se. He coached the "Bengals" for 15 years in the local youth football league in the town I grew up in New Jersey. I was the mascot during the years before I was old enough to play myself. I got some Bengals jerseys and "swag" while being mascot and thus, became a fan at 3 years old. 45 years later, still a fan. He passed away four years ago (**** you pancreatic cancer!) but I can still vividly see and hear him coaching up his old Bengal teams from the sidelines even today.
Reply/Quote