Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dream Offseason
Mike Brown hires me as GM n I retire from law enforcement. Perfect. First thing I do is fire Marvin! Hire one of the young n upcoming head coaches. Cut Kirkpatrick n MJ ASAP!! This preseason sign one legit offensive lineman. Draft a stud Linebacker with number one pick. White preferably. Draft offensive line n linebackers and that’s it. Year 2 sign a vet linebacker (Wagner) n a offensive lineman to shore up what’s left. In year 2020 draft look at a young signal caller like QB Herbert or QB Tua. I would build around the lines first then figure out a way to get rid of Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 12:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Del Rio is kind of like Marvin as a HC. He'll have a good year every once in a while sandwiched with years he misses the playoffs.

As a DC, I'd like him.

I think that IF the Bengals look outside the organization, it's Eric Bienemy. Why? I think MB would work with a former Bengal.

Yeah, in the scenario I had, he would be the DC...with Xanders as GM, Richard as HC and O'Shea as OC.

I wouldn't really be interested in him as a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 08:12 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: My dream off season would be to trade away our draft ( & the next 2,3 or 4; whatever it takes) for the players we need that are in the NFL now. We’re already the 2nd youngest team in the league. We have a good core to build around if we could just get a few difference makers at a few key spots & hope like hell they make the players around them better (which I think our players can be better).

Marvin’s coming back & Hue should be the OC. Hue is gonna be driven like a madman to destroy the Browns, who is becoming a much more hated rivalry than they’ve been in the past — I’m sure M. Brown considers them a top rival. I’d love to land VJ back as the D coordinator but there’s other candidates I wouldn’t hate. I’m in the vast minority but I think they can turn it around in one season if they make some trades & stop over valuing draft picks. We can’t get any younger.

Draft picks are cheap, cost controlled labor.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 01:50 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Draft a stud Linebacker with number one pick.   White preferably.   

Wow. I didn't know you were racist.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 04:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As far as DC and Asst HC, how about a name that crops up a lot around here in Jack Del Rio? It would probably take a decent contract to get him here, but it would give Richard a very experienced guy who's been a head coach at his side that he could lean on for advice. I think a guy like Del Rio, with his personality and past experience, could be just what this defense needs to turn things around after a miserable couple of years.

Del Rio would be a very good get as DC, especially for a first-time HC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Here is my dream off season we make Bill Cowher the highest paid coach in the NFL in guaranteed money 10 years 150 million. He is given full control over all staff and personnel. know it won't happen but its my dream.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 01:50 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Mike Brown hires me as GM n I retire from law enforcement.  Perfect.   First thing I do is fire Marvin!   Hire one of the young n upcoming head coaches.  Cut Kirkpatrick n MJ ASAP!!    This preseason sign one legit offensive lineman.  Draft a stud Linebacker with number one pick.   White preferably.     Draft offensive line n linebackers and that’s it.   Year 2 sign a vet linebacker (Wagner) n a offensive lineman to shore up what’s left.  In year 2020 draft look at a young signal caller like QB Herbert or QB Tua.  I would build around the lines first then figure out a way to get rid of Dalton.

You spelled Trevor Lawrence wrong. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 12:57 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Wonder who Taylor would like best for his Air Raid Offense if he is the next HC?

(01-09-2019, 01:34 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote:  
You spelled Trevor Lawrence wrong. Tongue

Is Lawrence going to leave college, he is only a rookie correct?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wonder who Taylor would like best for his Air Raid Offense if he is the next HC?

Is Lawrence going to leave college, he is only a rookie correct?

Yeah, I was going off the plan laid out in the post I quoted.  In a couple of years, I would be all over this guy.  Build the lines and fill in the defensive holes, then do whatever you have to do to get this kid in here.  He started as a Frosh in high school, then took over as a true Frosh at Clemson this year.  Dude is legit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 05:33 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, I was going off the plan laid out in the post I quoted.  In a couple of years, I would be all over this guy.  Build the lines and fill in the defensive holes, then do whatever you have to do to get this kid in here.  He started as a Frosh in high school, then took over as a true Frosh at Clemson this year.  Dude is legit.

Cool Wyche, Lawrence is a talent, i like Haskins but think Lawrence could be better.

Big arm, accurate, smart, tall etc.
Reply/Quote