Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Email To The Ticket Office
In Illinois. Pregnant women can now get handicapped stickers for their last Trimester and the first 6 months after birth. Good idea, imo
Reply/Quote
Do they answer? Might want to email Mike Brown. I heard he really does.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 12:01 AM)Nepa Wrote: That's a good question. And then there was one poster who stated he got into the seats by accident a number of years ago and liked the seats, so continues to go back, with the justification that there are always many empty seats in the section. But this email to the office has indicated that the section appears to be sold out.

Seems a very odd policy 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I went to a game once with my friend who had tickets in the blind section.

They were actually just folding chairs in the parking lot that Mike Brown charged full price for.

That cheap bastard.Gaah
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 03:16 PM)CincyDog Wrote: In Illinois.  Pregnant women can now get handicapped stickers for their last Trimester and the first 6 months after birth.   Good idea, imo

In Tennessee a pregnant women can sit in the handicapped section.

But she has to pay for 2 tickets.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 05:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I figure it couldn't hurt to at least try to get tickets from the dicks that buy them in the crippled section, so I sent this email to the ticket office:

What do you think? Anything I should add? Any chance of it working?

I've been pretty disappointed because this team is going to be amazing to watch, especially when we improve the offensive line.
I can only tell u where my section area is they do a great job keeping our handicap section open, my guess is security was lax in playoffs where u were.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 09:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I can only tell u where my section area is they do a great job keeping our handicap section open, my guess is security was lax in playoffs where u were.

I just received an email that they're hooking me up!

They actually took steps to make sure that "normal" people can't buy them!

GREAT MOVE BY THE ORGANIZATION!

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Now, I just have to figure out what games I want to go to!

Be helpful if the schedule had come out already so I'd know which games are in primetime and so I'd know what games will be freezing so I could get tickets in the club section for December. 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just received an email that they're hooking me up!

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Be helpful if the schedule had come out already so I'd know which games are in primetime and so I'd know what games will be freezing so I could get tickets in the club section for December. 

That's awesome brother and many will benefit from your perseverance in this matter. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just received an email that they're hooking me up!

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Great news! That’s one of the few good things about being a fan of a “mom and pop” shop team lol
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 08:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: That's awesome brother and many will benefit from your perseverance in this matter. 

I hope so! I was organizing a crippled mob to roll down to the ticket office and riot!

Hilarious

(02-20-2022, 08:54 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Great news! That’s one of the few good things about being a fan of a “mom and pop” shop team lol

That's what I'm saying!

When I went to the playoff game and saw all the "normal" people sitting in the crippled section, it made me mad (as I've said a million times), and then, when I tried to buy season tickets and none were available in the crippled section, I was like "this blows....... they're only worried about making money and don't care if crippled people get screwed because they're making money," but then they went above and beyond and blocked people from buying them!

It's illegal for them to ask why people need the seats (and I know it's not always visible), but now people would have to jump through hoops to take advantage of the situation!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I hope so! I was organizing a crippled mob to roll down to the ticket office and riot!

Hilarious

That's what I'm saying!

When I went to the playoff game and saw all the "normal" people sitting in the crippled section, it made me mad (as I've said a million times), and then, when I tried to buy season tickets and none were available in the crippled section, I was like "this blows....... they're only worried about making money and don't care if crippled people get screwed because they're making money," but then they went above and beyond and blocked people from buying them!

It's illegal for them to ask why people need the seats (and I know it's not always visible), but now people would have to jump through hoops to take advantage of the situation!

Agree it did sound as if the rule was being abused somewhat and glad the mob did not need formed. 

But if mob is organized in the future I have some pitchforks and torches you all can borrow when rolling up on ticket office to help cause lol. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree it did sound as if the rule was being abused somewhat and glad the mob did not need formed. 

But if mob is organized in the future I have some pitchforks and torches you all can borrow when rolling up on ticket office to help cause lol. 

A crippled mob is definitely scary..........  unless they figure out they just need to go up stairs with no elevators or put spikes outside the door.......

Nervous

Hilarious

Let's hope that we get to see some great games and we run (roll) the table at home!

I'm thinking that I'll definitely want to go to the Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, and probably the Steelers (but it won't be fun if it's a bloodbath). The Browns, Dolphins, and Falcons might not be the best games, but I guess I'll enjoy them regardless when we're winning.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A crippled mob is definitely scary..........  unless they figure out they just need to go up stairs with no elevators or put spikes outside the door.......

Nervous

Hilarious

Let's hope that we get to see some great games and we run (roll) the table at home!

I'm thinking that I'll definitely want to go to the Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, and probably the Steelers (but it own't be fun if it's a bloodbath). The Browns, Dolphins, and Falcons might not be the best games, but I guess I'll enjoy them regardless when we're winning.

Enjoy yourself !!!

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 10:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Enjoy yourself !!!

Definitely will with Burrow having time to pick defenses apart throwing to Chase, Boyd, Higgins, Uzomah or Gronk(?!), with Mixon gashing defenses, and then Bates and Bell making the best plays in the secondary since I played safety pre-tree!

It's going to be a hell of a year!
Reply/Quote
Define "normal".. I can count on one finger bandaged up with 9 stitches when I was considered anywhere close to normal.. LOL
I'd have to fall into the disabled category as well.. Bad arthritis, multiple heart attacks, stents, MS messing with my legs and on and on, but like many people from outward appearances I probably look "normal". Hell, just finding a doctor who doesn't just summarily ignore my issues feels next to impossible.. There used to be a website called butyoudontlooksick.com (but you don't look sick) and it might still be around where people with all kinds of disabilities get crapped on every day.. It was groups like them that helped push the ADA into law. By law the stadium has to make certain spaces available for people with disabilities, but disabilities fall into many categories and there will always be more than enough turds who will take advantage of others misfortune. Just try parking in a Kroger or Walmart parking lot when looking for a handicapped parking space (unless you're not looking for one in which case there's nothing but handicapped spaces).. Weird how that works isn't it? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I hope so! I was organizing a crippled mob to roll down to the ticket office and riot!

Hilarious

That's what I'm saying!

I'm glad they hooked you up, I figured they would. As for it being illegal to ask why you need the tickets, I don't think so. Just like when you go to the DMV to get handicapped tags, you have to have a physician sign a certificate of need. I don't see why buying tickets in a handicapped section would be any different. What steps did they say they were going to take to prevent future exploitation, or did they say?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 12:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm glad they hooked you up, I figured they would. As for it being illegal to ask why you need the tickets, I don't think so. Just like when you go to the DMV to get handicapped tags, you have to have a physician sign a certificate of need. I don't see why buying tickets in a handicapped section would be any different. What steps did they say they were going to take to prevent future exploitation, or did they say?

Honestly, I thought I was crippled out of luck!

I don't know why it was illegal for them to ask why people need the seats but I'm guessing it's just because it could be considered harassment for them to question it or demeaning because some people are uncomfortable or upset discussing their physical conditions. Maybe it was just "illegal" by the organization because my brother told me it was illegal to do so years ago and I just trusted his word. Maybe it has changed.

He didn't say what future steps would be taken to prevent it from happening in the future and I doubt there's much they can do other than making it more difficult for people to buy them and making them go through steps like I am being forced to do.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 02:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: Define "normal".. I can count on one finger bandaged up with 9 stitches when I was considered anywhere close to normal.. LOL
I'd have to fall into the disabled category as well.. Bad arthritis, multiple heart attacks, stents, MS messing with my legs and on and on, but like many people from outward appearances I probably look "normal". Hell, just finding a doctor who doesn't just summarily ignore my issues feels next to impossible.. There used to be a website called butyoudontlooksick.com (but you don't look sick) and it might still be around where people with all kinds of disabilities get crapped on every day.. It was groups like them that helped push the ADA into law. By law the stadium has to make certain spaces available for people with disabilities, but disabilities fall into many categories and there will always be more than enough turds who will take advantage of others misfortune. Just try parking in a Kroger or Walmart parking lot when looking for a handicapped parking space (unless you're not looking for one in which case there's nothing but handicapped spaces).. Weird how that works isn't it? 

I define "normal" as having nothing wrong with them that prevents them from walking to a normal seat.

I define "normal" as all of the people that would stand up and jump up and down whenever anything good would happen.

I define "normal" as all the people that saw me roll into the crippled section having to sit on the end while they sat in the middle of the field with looks on their faces like "I'm a dick," or couldn't even look at me.

I understand that people like you have issues that aren't visible by the naked eye, but these people clearly didn't.
Reply/Quote

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

Great to hear, in my section only those handicapped and with a companion can purchase them.. weird how that was not mandated across all sections..
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 12:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm glad they hooked you up, I figured they would. As for it being illegal to ask why you need the tickets, I don't think so. Just like when you go to the DMV to get handicapped tags, you have to have a physician sign a certificate of need. I don't see why buying tickets in a handicapped section would be any different. What steps did they say they were going to take to prevent future exploitation, or did they say?

You would be surprised, I worked for a few years at the Reds and you could ask them very little as far as documentation.... 
Reply/Quote