Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Fear Feels Like it Will Become A Reality
(10-09-2017, 02:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's my fear too. I feel so conflicted. I can't root for the Bengals to lose, but I worry that with each win, the chances that Marv is offered an extension increase. 

I will say this, if we somehow win 10-13 games (not saying it's likely) AND go to at least the AFCCG, I may - MAY - be open to giving Marv a very small extension.

Honestly...after Marvin leaves people are going to realize that it's going to be near impossible for a coach to win here.

It's a team that doesn't value G and C. That supposedly (according to Lapham) offered Zeitler $5.5 million a year AFTER DeCastro signed for $10 million a year.

It's just a tough place to win. As a coach, not only do you have to coach...but you have to be a scout. That's hard to do as the college games are during the NFL season.
Reply/Quote
The only hesitation I have is who will replace Lewis?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: Bengals win today against a hot Buffalo team. Which is great......but.....

My biggest fear is this team does justtttt well enough this season to renew Marvin's contract, but not well enough to go anywhere in the playoffs, resulting in Marvin hanging around again with another contract extension.

Look at what a difference a new OC made so quickly on this team, imagine the same with a new coach? Of course you can. In any case, I'll just stick with my usual Marvin Lewis M.O.... enjoy the wins and the moment and don't expect much more from the guy.

If this team is able to rally and continue on this pace and get in to the playoffs, I think they have as good a chance as any team out there right now.  I want a Super Bowl win, and if Lewis coaches that I bet he walks away on top.

I said Bengals vs Saints in the Super Bowl before the season.  Looked pretty bleak when the Bengals were 0-3 and the Saints 0-2, but both teams seem to be finding their stride.  
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...after Marvin leaves people are going to realize that it's going to be near impossible for a coach to win here.

Ya have to try though, because in the end whoever replaces Lewis won't have a huge bar to live up to in the playoff department. 

I do think we can win here in Cincy. With the right hire it will happen, if its a lazy "in house" hire....yes it will be more of the same ole shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Believe it or not, he does want to win.

I believe he wants to win, I just don't believe he tries to win.  Sort of like how someone who eats a gallon of ice cream every day while watching TV wants to have 6-pack abs but isn't necessarily trying to get them.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...after Marvin leaves people are going to realize that it's going to be near impossible for a coach to win here.

It's a team that doesn't value G and C. That supposedly (according to Lapham) offered Zeitler $5.5 million a year AFTER DeCastro signed for $10 million a year.

It's just a tough place to win. As a coach, not only do you have to coach...but you have to be a scout. That's hard to do as the college games are during the NFL season.

Not only coach and scout, but be a GM, too. At least, in terms of drafting.

It's scary, but ML may be the best coach we could get that worked the best with Brown and we've seen how far he can take us. If so, yeah, after he's gone, we're going right back to the 90s.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals win 2 in a row...and almost 3 except for Aaron Rodgers...

...and some Bengals fan still finds a way to start a thread that finds something negative about it.

smh
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 07:51 PM)Beaker Wrote: The Bengals win 2 in a row...and almost 3 except for Aaron Rodgers...

...and some Bengals fan still finds a way to start a thread that finds something negative about it.

smh

Blame Mikey, he likes it.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 07:51 PM)Beaker Wrote: The Bengals win 2 in a row...and almost 3 except for Aaron Rodgers...

smh

2-3 is positive?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 08:31 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: 2-3 is positive?

Yes, winning 2 in a row (almost 3) after that horrific start is positive.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: Yes, winning 2 in a row (almost 3) after that horrific start is positive.

Your reaching. do you think its positive that the team shows up on Sundays? Is that the bar for Cincy, "Just showing up and gosh darn it play your heart out boys, thats all we ask for"???
Reply/Quote
Ready for a change at HC.

Not going to pull for a single Bengals loss though and hope we "take it to the house".

The Lombardi Trophy that is.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 08:31 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: 2-3 is positive?

Winning two in a row when pitt lost two in a row is very positive.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: Bengals win today against a hot Buffalo team. Which is great......but.....

My biggest fear is this team does justtttt well enough this season to renew Marvin's contract, but not well enough to go anywhere in the playoffs, resulting in Marvin hanging around again with another contract extension.

Look at what a difference a new OC made so quickly on this team, imagine the same with a new coach? Of course you can. In any case, I'll just stick with my usual Marvin Lewis M.O.... enjoy the wins and the moment and don't expect much more from the guy.

I join in your fear. If we had a better HC, my optimism would have no ceiling. Weve been around enough. Marvin is comparable to the iceberg that brought down the titanic. Only difference is he sinks this unsinkable ship every year, and each year we climb aboard hoping for a different result.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 11:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your reaching. do you think its positive that the team shows up on Sundays? Is that the bar for Cincy, "Just showing up and gosh darn it play your heart out boys, thats all we ask for"???

If winning is reaching, then yes, I'm reaching.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 11:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your reaching. do you think its positive that the team shows up on Sundays? Is that the bar for Cincy, "Just showing up and gosh darn it play your heart out boys, thats all we ask for"???

Actually I think or I know you're reaching here. After a bad start, we win 2 games and you don't think that is positive?? 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:57 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Actually I think or I know you're reaching here. After a bad start, we win 2 games and you don't think that is positive?? 

No its positive, but I also don't think because we won two games(one being the Browns, hell this forum could pad up and beat the Browns) this team is all of a sudden a playoff caliber team...its reaching and isn't going to happen. 

Wait till after the bye and the Steelers game...that'll bring you down to earth. Lewis after a bye and playing against the Steelers is a horrible record...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 09:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: hell this forum could pad up and beat the Browns

In reality, not true, but man, how much fun would that be? LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 01:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In reality, not true, but man, how much fun would that be? LOL

It would be hilarious,  "PhilHos throws to Shake as he Bakes past the Browns secondary to put the BengalBoard in the red zone! Hue might looked past this tough group of guys to next weeks game, "Dancingly Yours" Dance school! 
Reply/Quote

if the bengals are winning marvin deserves to stay... You shouldn't worry so much about things you have absolutely NO control over..

you'll live longer that way
Reply/Quote