Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A great problem to have
(04-17-2020, 10:42 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Couple things. First of all that’s what they said about dk metcalf last year. Secondly, he absolutely has proven he could rush from inside.

People said Metcalf wouldn’t make a good edge rusher??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 09:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I say trade back for that very reason.  When I heard that he was asked to do basically what Malik Jefferson did at Texas and he is "lost in coverage", I don't see Odell Thurman 2.0, I see a bigger and stronger Malik Jefferson.  

I don't want to be hearing for another 5 years how TEs and RBs out of the backfield destroy us.  

William Gay, who doesn't come without risk, has a higher rating against the pass than even Simmons.  And he would be available in the later rounds.  

No on Gay Jr for me, dude punched his QB in the face and cheated in college.

I want high character guys on this team.

(04-17-2020, 04:34 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I wanna say Epenesa, but only if you are going to cut or trade Dunlap, if not then Murray or Baun.

Crazy, you don't cut Dunlap, just crazy talk. Are you alright YXD?

(04-17-2020, 04:54 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Right. As good as he is, do we want to spend #33 on a guy who'd be rotational. DL line is not our most immediate need, though he might be fat out the BPA. Baun seems to be next on the list as BPA. He can rush the passer, play the run, and cover receivers. I don't se how we don't take him if he's there. That's if we go defense, of course. The WR talent that will be there and maybe the Oline talent would be hard to pass on. That's why I said this a great position to be in. At the same time, it's a hard position to be in. So many options. Hard to be wrong, but which would be best? 

(04-17-2020, 08:41 PM)Mobster Wrote: Waste of a pick. Players with his athletic profile don't make it as edge rushers. So maybe you think he can move inside in nickel situations, but he hasnt shown he can do that. Plus, you'd have to sit someone else  to do so. 

You'd be using a high draft pick on a situational backup player.

We are a 3-4 hybrid now guys with only 2 Ends Geno and Andrew Brown (maybe 3 if you count Dunlap).

Think this is a very overlooked fact.

People think we are specifically a 4-3 which is just not correct anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 04:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No on Gay Jr for me, dude punched his QB in the face and cheated in college.

I completely understand.  It needs to be vetted.  However, like I learned from the Joe Mixon story...I won't immediately rule a guy out even in pretty extreme circumstances.  
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 04:10 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I completely understand.  It needs to be vetted.  However, like I learned from the Joe Mixon story...I won't immediately rule a guy out even in pretty extreme circumstances.  

The thing with Mixon is it was one circumstance all be it a terrible one. With Gay Jr it has been many things.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 04:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Crazy, you don't cut Dunlap, just crazy talk. Are you alright YXD?

We arent cutting Carlos, which is why we shouldnt draft Epenesa.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Given the Bengals acquisitions in Free Agency, I'm going to say take Baun and forget about it.  Previous to free agency, I would have been all over Epenesa, Delpit, or any of them, actually.

I just feel like Baun would be one of those "great fit" pieces, with what direction they are obviously taking the defense.

It depends on who the Bengals have ranked higher. 
If they have a 1st round grade and possible 10 year a sack guy for Epenesa, you take the pass rusher all day long over anyone else including biggest need LB. 
You can never have enough pass rushers and Dunlap and Geno aren't getting any younger. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 05:55 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: It depends on who the Bengals have ranked higher. 
If they have a 1st round grade and possible 10 year a sack guy for Epenesa, you take the pass rusher all day long over anyone else including biggest need LB. 
You can never have enough pass rushers and Dunlap and Geno aren't getting any younger. 

That is true, and besides, we now have DJ Reader lining up at NT.  Heck, with Reader starting, I think that I could get double digit sacks on that line, and I'm 51 and out of shape..   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People said Metcalf wouldn’t make a good edge rusher??

No I wasn’t referencing the athletic profiles comment. Ppl said metcalf wouldn’t be a good wr due to his athletic profile is 3 cone, shuttle.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 04:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No on Gay Jr for me, dude punched his QB in the face and cheated in college.

Crazy, you don't cut Dunlap, just crazy talk. Are you alright YXD?

We are a 3-4 hybrid now guys with only 2 Ends Geno and Andrew Brown (maybe 3 if you count Dunlap).

Think this is a very overlooked fact.

People think we are specifically a 4-3 which is just not correct anymore.

Call it whatever you want - we had 4 or 5 D-Linemen on the field the majority of the time. I don't care if Dunlap or Hubbard, or both happen to be standing up on the line or not with two or three other D-Linemen in the game at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 01:01 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I'm on TDN right now.

Delpit
Murray
Winfield
Epenesa and
Baun

are all there at #33.

Who would you take?

We could trade back and still get at least one of these guys.

Also, Kyle Dugger is ranked at #51.

Murray
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 05:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We arent cutting Carlos, which is why we shouldnt draft Epenesa.

Still need depth and Epenesa could be a future star to replace Dunlap.

We need another 3-4 End and Epenesa fits that to a T.

(04-19-2020, 12:52 AM)Mobster Wrote: Call it whatever you want - we had 4 or 5 D-Linemen on the field the majority of the time. I don't care if Dunlap or Hubbard, or both happen to be standing up on the line or not with two or three other D-Linemen in the game at the same time.

Still need more 3-4 Ends with the change IMO.
Reply/Quote