Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Final Simulation
I do believe that when doing a simulation or a mock that you must consider the current roster and if that selection has a legitimate chance to be a part of the 53 man roster. Considering the roster numbers from last year the 53 as it sits at this moment would look something like this:

So here is my final simulation and how I feel it impacts the 53 man roster.

The Draft:

Reply/Quote
Byron Murphy II - DT - Texas - 6'0.5" 297
The Bengals have dedicated themselves to improving the interior of the defensive line and Sheldon Rankins was a great start. Murphy is another huge piece to that improvement. Just one massive ball of power and explosiveness. Murphy is not a typical size NT and I do not believe he will line up at the nose 100% of the time but he has displayed the ability to take on and defeat double teams on a consistent basis and while slight in frame possesses the skillset of successful NTs in the NFL. 

When considering the 53 man roster Murphy should easily replace Tufele.

Keon Coleman - WR - Fla. State - 6'3" 213
The Bengals more than likely will have to replace Higgins in this offense in '25 and they get damn near a Higgins clone in Coleman. When you look at the traits that Higgins possesses that make him so successful in this offense you find the same traits in Coleman. Big, long, physical receiver that while not being a burner can use his loping stride to press a defense. Attacks the football with outstanding hands and high points contested catches. Much the same as Higgins you do not see him lose focus and drop easy catches. Sure handed and QB friendly.

Coleman easily would replace Jackson on this roster as it stands.

Blake Fisher - OT - Notre Dame - 6'6" 310
Fisher is a Steal in the third round of this draft and in most drafts would be a first round prospect. The Bengals benefit from a draft that is top heavy with OT talent. Fisher is a very naturally talented prospect that plays with good movement and power. Most believe he is a capable day 1 starter but he should benefit greatly from a season to acclimate himself to the NFL and learn from two of the best in the game. Needs to work on small technique issues and overall consistency. Outstanding value selection for the Bengals.

Fisher should replace Kirkland on the 53. Kirkland does not have the power to play the edge in the NFL and does not have the leverage to play inside.

Kris Abrams-Draine - CB - Missouri - 5'11" 179
Abrams-Draine played as well as anyone against the talented LSU receivers and is pretty much rock solid in his technique. While everyone wants the bigger, taller corner, Draine is right in line with the average size of most of the top rated corners in the league. He is an intelligent corner that can play a variety of coverages at a high level. Turns his head to find the ball and is adept at keeping his eyes on the QB. Good ball skills and does not shy away from run support.

Abrams-Draine should replace Davis or fill the IR void if Ivey is not ready to go to start the season.

Dominick Puni - C/G - Kansas - 6'5" 313
Puni is an impressive interior line prospect. Good feet and athleticism and plays with really good technique. In an interview with Draft Network Puni stated that he wanted to show NFL teams that he could play every line position. I see him as the future center for this offense who could prove valuable in depth off the bench in '24. Another great value selection for the Bengals and the heir apparent to Karras.

Puni should replace Trey Hill who has been less than impressive.

Brenden Rice - WR - USC - 6'2" 208
I was not looking to take another WR but he was the best player available and I believe a rising talent with outstanding pedigree. Very smooth with great hands and body control. Will push the receivers on this roster. Could force the Bengals to go 1 heavier on receivers. 

Isaac Guerendo - RB - Louisville - 6'0" 221
Guerendo is a back with plenty of tread left on his tires. Can finish runs with physicality and has homerun speed when he gets in the open field. Very good receiver but maybe most importantly in making the roster is his pass protection ability on third down. Runs with good vision and uses his blockers. 

Should replace Evans on the 53 man roster.

Eric All - TE - Iowa - 6'4" 252
If All passes the medicals then he could be the steal of this draft class. He is a good young prospect who is a very good receiver and above average blocker. Has to prove that he can stay healthy. All could take a medical redshirt for '24 or if healthy could replace Sample on the 53.

Fabien Lovett - DT - Fla. State - 6'4" 314
Lovett could well be a better pro than college player. He has flashed brilliance as a run defender. Marion Hobby should be thrilled to get to work with a kid with these traits and help him to become the player he is capable of being. Lovett could push Carter off of the roster and could pair with Davis as a nice young NT tandem.

Kamal Hadden - CB - 6'1" 196
Hadden has is experienced playing a lot of football against some of the best receivers in college football. Brings good size and length to the position and could be vital in helping the Bengals to cover TEs where they have notoriously struggled. Could be a a PS candidate of on the roster if Ivey is on IR.
Reply/Quote
Another mock that I would be happy with. I just think Murphy will be gone by pick 18 but really hope I’m wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 07:20 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I do believe that when doing a simulation or a mock that you must consider the current roster and if that selection has a legitimate chance to be a part of the 53 man roster. Considering the roster numbers from last year the 53 as it sits at this moment would look something like this:

The Draft:

Solid B + draft grade, not a huge fan of Keon, but some people love him so I gotta respect that.  good job

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Kamal Hadden was a player that up until his Sr year Vol fans openly hated. He would NEVER turn and look for the ball. However, that seemed to change his Sr year when things started to click. He was one of the top cover corners in college football according to PFF before he got hurt so maybe he can continue that growth and development with better coaches. Could be a steal if he lasts that long.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 07:20 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I do believe that when doing a simulation or a mock that you must consider the current roster and if that selection has a legitimate chance to be a part of the 53 man roster. Considering the roster numbers from last year the 53 as it sits at this moment would look something like this:

The Draft:

Hands down the best Mock in here. Murphy in the first if he makes it is great value. Almost everyone has him as a top 10 talent. Some don’t but nobody know who they are. Also the upside to Coleman in a year where we don’t necessarily need him to do it now is great value. He reminds me of Chris Henry. Love this!!!! The first 5 are straight killers and the upside with hadden!! Abraham Draine reminds me of Mathieu maybe can fly around and play anywhere in the backfield. Could be an easy fix to Dax hill
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of Murphy in the 1st and Coleman I wouldn't touch before Day 3. Third round on is great, though. Solid, overall.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

The Draft:

I like Puni a lot
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote