Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First 2020 Mock, Several trades
Note, this is what I would like to see, not necessarily what I think will happen.
I am using Matt Miller's 7 round mock as my "Big Board".

Trades: Andy Dalton to the Patriots for their 3rd round pick, 87.
Dre K to the Raiders for their 4th round pick, 118
Cordy Glenn to the Pats for their 4th round pick, 122
33 and 87 to the Vikings for 25
104 and 181 to Houston for 101 and 241.

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
25. Kenneth Murray, LB, OU
65. Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
101. Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
118. Damien Lewis OG, LSU
122. Ben Bartch OT, St Johns
147. Colby Parkinson TE, Stanford
216. Tyler Bass K, Ga Sou
241. Jack Driscoll OT, Auburn
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2020, 10:37 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Note, this is what I would like to see, not necessarily what I think will happen.
I am using Matt Miller's 7 round mock as my "Big Board".

Trades: Andy Dalton to the Patriots for their 3rd round pick, 87.
Dre K to the Raiders for their 4th round pick, 118
Cordy Glenn to the Pats for their 4th round pick, 122
33 and 87 to the Vikings for 25
104 and 181 to Houston for 101 and 241.

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
25. Kenneth Murray, LB, OU
65. Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
101. Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
118. Damien Lewis OG, LSU
122. Ben Bartch OT, St Johns
147. Colby Parkinson TE, Stanford
216. Tyler Bass K, Ga Sou
241. Jack Driscoll OT, Auburn

In this scenario do we pick up 1 Lineman in FA? If so, love this Mock Jason_NC. Joe
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 03:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In this scenario do we pick up 1 Lineman in FA? If so, love this Mock Jason_NC. Joe

I like the strategy as well. I'm really hoping they grab a solid guard in free agency to free up the draft. A linebacker would be nice too if the right one is available and wants to come here.

I like the strategy of investing in the defense rounds 2 and 3: grabbing a linebacker and corner. Really smart in my book.

Moving up for a linebacker in the 1st could be a good move if it's the right guy.

This is probably crazy talk, but is there any way they could trade Dalton and a future pick to move up and grab Simmons in round 1? I'd assume not, but that would certainly improve the team. Why is it so hard for us to draft a good linebacker? Kieth Rivers was the last one we picked high and he was just 'okay'. Hope we can strike gold with a late 1st or with our second round pick. If not--if nobody is there worth taking, or if we fail with our linebacker selection--it'll be a long wait until next year for us to potentially improve the position.

If we ever do find that perfect middle linebacker that can do it all, we better keep him for at least 10 years. Its so hard to find good linebackers. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2020, 05:44 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I like the strategy as well. I'm really hoping they grab a solid guard in free agency to free up the draft. A linebacker would be nice too if the right one is available and wants to come here.

I like the strategy of investing in the defense rounds 2 and 3: grabbing a linebacker and corner. Really smart in my book.

Moving up for a linebacker in the 1st could be a good move if it's the right guy.

This is probably crazy talk, but is there any way they could trade Dalton and a future pick to move up and grab Simmons in round 1? I'd assume not, but that would certainly improve the team. Why is it so hard for us to draft a good linebacker? Kieth Rivers was the last one we picked high and he was just 'okay'. Hope we can strike gold with a late 1st or with our second round pick. If not--if nobody is there worth taking, or if we fail with our linebacker selection--it'll be a long wait until next year for us to potentially improve the position.

If we ever do find that perfect middle linebacker that can do it all, we better keep him for at least 10 years. Its so hard to find good linebackers. 

Well, I think Marv was terrible at picking Linebackers to be honest. First year picking with an unexperienced staff last year
and we brought in a good one in Germaine Pratt after Marv failing for years in this department. Kenneth Murray I think could
be a very good one as well. Doubt we trade up for Simmons, just doesn't seem as likely as this does.
Reply/Quote
I love Diggs, but I don't see him there at 65. With that being said, I'd be excited to see this fall this way.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote