Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Guess On The Bengals Big Board
Every year I come up with a list of 20 to 25 names that I think are likely highest on the Bengals Big Board and what it might look like. Obviously this is just my own prediction on how they might have these guys ranked and feel free to rank your own.

1. Myles Garrett - Best player in the draft and a position of need. Won't be available but can't imagine he isn't number one on the big board for the Bengals.

2. Solomon Thomas - May fit best inside but regardless he is a pass rusher and for a team that finished 23rd in the league in sacks they need pass rushers. Thomas could fall depending what happens at pick #2. Would be a great pickup if he did.

3. Jonathan Allen - Another player that can play inside or outside on the line. Could see him falling to #9 and if he does and the other two are off the board then he would likely be the selection.

4. Leonard Fournette - Marvin Lewis thinks there is another Zeke in this draft and Running Back and while he might be talking about Mixon I think the safest bet for who he is talking about is Fournette. The size, speed, and athleticism combination is elite. Would be hard to pass up at #9 but I don't see him getting there since he is linked to SF, Jax, and Carolina.

5. Jamal Adams - I really don't see the Bengals moving on from Shawn Williams but Jamal Adams is a special player that if he slipped to #9 it would really test them sticking to their board and BPA.

6. Malik Hooker - 1b to Adams 1a as far as Safety talent. Same opinion of him as Adams...if available it tests the theory of BPA versus BPA at a position of need.

7. OJ Howard - Geoff Hobson is all over Howard as the pick at #9. I actually could see him drafted before that but if he available and all the guys ranked ahead of him on this board are gone then it really comes down to Howard and the guy I have ranked directly behind him in Barnett. I think pass rusher is a bigger need and if they are ranked 1 spot apart they should go with the pass rusher but I don't know if that is what would happen based off recent history.

8. Derek Barnett - Undersized and not the greatest athlete. But he is a hell of a football player. You don't break Reggie White's sack record in three years and by the time you are 20 years old and not have the potential to be an impact player in the NFL.

9. John Ross - Wouldn't be in personal top 10 just because size/injury concerns to take a guy that early in the draft. However, the Bengals loved Wil Fuller last year when I wasn't a fan and by all accounts he would have been the pick if available in the 1st. Ross is even faster and honestly a much better football player. I could see the Bengals thinking this is exactly what they need in their receiving corp. and making him the selection.

10. Haasan Reddick - Marvin loved Von Miller the year we drafted AJ Green and the reports were that he actually wanted Miller over Green. If he thinks Reddick has that kind of potential and when watching his tape I could see it then I think he is a dark horse candidate for pick #9. If we could trade down a few spots he becomes even more of an option.

11. Reuben Foster - The shoulder injuries and the failed drug test should probably have him lower on this board but at one point I feel like he was probably in the top 5 of the Bengals big board and they want push him too much farther down. Can't see him being the selection at #9 but if they trade down or he falls to the 2nd round I think they would still love to grab a player with his talent.

12. Christian McCaffery - This is really a pure guess on my part that they would have McCaffery this high. It seems his stock is higher than everyone originally expected and his ability as not just a runner but pass catcher and blocker may have him as the 2nd highest rated RB on their board. Don't see him being the pick at #9 even if he is available but I am sure they like him as a feature back in general.

13. Corey Davis - Another player that could have been a lot higher on this list if it wasn't for injury. Not knowing his 40 time and seeing him work out during this process along with the fact he is a small school guy likely moves him down on this board possibly even lower than what I have him listed. I do think he would fit in great in this offense across from AJ with Boyd in the slot based on the film I have seen of him.

14. Dalvin Cook - Reports that Cook could fall to the 2nd round. That would be a good thing for the Bengals because it could push not only him but the guy I have ranked next both toward pick #41 for the Bengals.

15. Joe Mixon - Mixon is a talented but troubled player. The Bengals have shown a ton of interest in him and most of the time guys like Hobson just say they don't see him being available in the 2nd. I think that is there way of avoiding the domestic violence issue. I think he will be there at pick #41 and if he is then he is a very likely selection.

16. Taco Charlton - A guy that wouldn't even have in my top 30 at all but I think the Bengals will. They love the size and long Defensive Ends. That is Charlton in a draft that there aren't a whole of body types like that. His minimal production over the course of his career is concerning to me and I just don't see him ever being anything more than an average rotational piece. Not a guy I would want in the 1st (even if we traded down).

17. Mike Williams - Williams would be a lot higher on my personal board but I don't get the sense that the Bengals are that interested in him. They want someone with more speed and route running ability. Williams is a beast at high pointing the ball and very physical but I think they would prefer Ross and even Davis before Williams.

18. Charles Harris - A really good pass rusher who's stock is all over the place according to most expects. I think he could be even higher than 18 and would certainly have him above Taco on my personal board. If the Bengals don't go pass rusher in the first and they have a chance at Harris in the 2nd that would be a fantastic selection.

19. Garrett Bolles - Obviously Offensive Line is a concern but it seems like the Bengals aren't going to force a pick early in the draft for one. They did meet with Bolles so I think he is somewhere on their big board just in the event he slips from late first down to their pick in the 2nd. Would be similar to when they took Whitworth in the 2nd even though they had Levi Jones.

20. Cam Robinson - Another Offensive Lineman they met with. Same thougths as above with Bolles on why he would be on this big board in the top 20.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't see more than one QB going in 1-8, which means one of those top 8 on your BB is going to fall to us, but which one? Nice job on this, by the way.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:50 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Every year I come up with a list of 20 to 25 names that I think are likely highest on the Bengals Big Board and what it might look like. Obviously this is just my own prediction on how they might have these guys ranked and feel free to rank your own.

1. Myles Garrett - Best player in the draft and a position of need. Won't be available but can't imagine he isn't number one on the big board for the Bengals.

2. Solomon Thomas - May fit best inside but regardless he is a pass rusher and for a team that finished 23rd in the league in sacks they need pass rushers. Thomas could fall depending what happens at pick #2. Would be a great pickup if he did.

3. Jonathan Allen - Another player that can play inside or outside on the line. Could see him falling to #9 and if he does and the other two are off the board then he would likely be the selection.

4. Leonard Fournette - Marvin Lewis thinks there is another Zeke in this draft and Running Back and while he might be talking about Mixon I think the safest bet for who he is talking about is Fournette. The size, speed, and athleticism combination is elite. Would be hard to pass up at #9 but I don't see him getting there since he is linked to SF, Jax, and Carolina.

5. Jamal Adams - I really don't see the Bengals moving on from Shawn Williams but Jamal Adams is a special player that if he slipped to #9 it would really test them sticking to their board and BPA.

6. Malik Hooker - 1b to Adams 1a as far as Safety talent. Same opinion of him as Adams...if available it tests the theory of BPA versus BPA at a position of need.

7. OJ Howard - Geoff Hobson is all over Howard as the pick at #9. I actually could see him drafted before that but if he available and all the guys ranked ahead of him on this board are gone then it really comes down to Howard and the guy I have ranked directly behind him in Barnett. I think pass rusher is a bigger need and if they are ranked 1 spot apart they should go with the pass rusher but I don't know if that is what would happen based off recent history.

8. Derek Barnett - Undersized and not the greatest athlete. But he is a hell of a football player. You don't break Reggie White's sack record in three years and by the time you are 20 years old and not have the potential to be an impact player in the NFL.

9. John Ross - Wouldn't be in personal top 10 just because size/injury concerns to take a guy that early in the draft. However, the Bengals loved Wil Fuller last year when I wasn't a fan and by all accounts he would have been the pick if available in the 1st. Ross is even faster and honestly a much better football player. I could see the Bengals thinking this is exactly what they need in their receiving corp. and making him the selection.

10. Haasan Reddick - Marvin loved Von Miller the year we drafted AJ Green and the reports were that he actually wanted Miller over Green. If he thinks Reddick has that kind of potential and when watching his tape I could see it then I think he is a dark horse candidate for pick #9. If we could trade down a few spots he becomes even more of an option.

11. Reuben Foster - The shoulder injuries and the failed drug test should probably have him lower on this board but at one point I feel like he was probably in the top 5 of the Bengals big board and they want push him too much farther down. Can't see him being the selection at #9 but if they trade down or he falls to the 2nd round I think they would still love to grab a player with his talent.

12. Christian McCaffery - This is really a pure guess on my part that they would have McCaffery this high. It seems his stock is higher than everyone originally expected and his ability as not just a runner but pass catcher and blocker may have him as the 2nd highest rated RB on their board. Don't see him being the pick at #9 even if he is available but I am sure they like him as a feature back in general.

13. Corey Davis - Another player that could have been a lot higher on this list if it wasn't for injury. Not knowing his 40 time and seeing him work out during this process along with the fact he is a small school guy likely moves him down on this board possibly even lower than what I have him listed. I do think he would fit in great in this offense across from AJ with Boyd in the slot based on the film I have seen of him.

14. Dalvin Cook - Reports that Cook could fall to the 2nd round. That would be a good thing for the Bengals because it could push not only him but the guy I have ranked next both toward pick #41 for the Bengals.

15. Joe Mixon - Mixon is a talented but troubled player. The Bengals have shown a ton of interest in him and most of the time guys like Hobson just say they don't see him being available in the 2nd. I think that is there way of avoiding the domestic violence issue. I think he will be there at pick #41 and if he is then he is a very likely selection.

16. Taco Charlton - A guy that wouldn't even have in my top 30 at all but I think the Bengals will. They love the size and long Defensive Ends. That is Charlton in a draft that there aren't a whole of body types like that. His minimal production over the course of his career is concerning to me and I just don't see him ever being anything more than an average rotational piece. Not a guy I would want in the 1st (even if we traded down).

17. Mike Williams - Williams would be a lot higher on my personal board but I don't get the sense that the Bengals are that interested in him. They want someone with more speed and route running ability. Williams is a beast at high pointing the ball and very physical but I think they would prefer Ross and even Davis before Williams.

18. Charles Harris - A really good pass rusher who's stock is all over the place according to most expects. I think he could be even higher than 18 and would certainly have him above Taco on my personal board. If the Bengals don't go pass rusher in the first and they have a chance at Harris in the 2nd that would be a fantastic selection.

19. Garrett Bolles - Obviously Offensive Line is a concern but it seems like the Bengals aren't going to force a pick early in the draft for one. They did meet with Bolles so I think he is somewhere on their big board just in the event he slips from late first down to their pick in the 2nd. Would be similar to when they took Whitworth in the 2nd even though they had Levi Jones.

20. Cam Robinson - Another Offensive Lineman they met with. Same thougths as above with Bolles on why he would be on this big board in the top 20.

Good list, but Marshon Lattimore needs to be on it. We know the Bengals are very high on BPA and would consider him at 9 even if we don't agree with it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I really think McCaffery is a possibility.  I've been hearing his name more and more recently.  I think LF and CM are neck and neck for top RBs. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 12:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good list, but Marshon Lattimore needs to be on it. We know the Bengals are very high on BPA and would consider him at 9 even if we don't agree with it.

You are probably right. I guess my personal bias came in on that one for sure. I don't think we should take a CB early with Jones (even though he shouldn't be on the team), Kirkpatrick, Shaw, Jackson III, Russell, and Dennard all on the roster right now. Combine that with Lattimore's injury issues and he shouldn't be on the top 20 but knowing the Bengals they probably have him in their top 5-10.
Reply/Quote
With a few minor exceptions I'd have to think you're spot on with this!
Such is life as a Bengals fan...
Reply/Quote
Good work JR85. A couple things i would like to mention.

John Ross has good hands unlike Will Fuller to go along with that speed and is not just the go route.

Hassan Reddick is definately a thought with his athleticism. I like what you say about him comparing to Von Miller.

Reddick could be a darkhorse pick for us for sure with Foster's combine screw ups.

If we take a LB in the first i want it to be this guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 01:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good work JR85. A couple things i would like to mention.

John Ross has good hands unlike Will Fuller to go along with that speed and is not just the go route.

Hassan Reddick is definately a thought with his athleticism. I like what you say about him comparing to Von Miller.

Reddick could be a darkhorse pick for us for sure with Foster's combine screw ups.

If we take a LB in the first i want it to be this guy.

I agree that Ross has better hands is a better route runner than Fuller was. I just still wouldn't want to take him in the top 10 with his injury concerns and size. If we could get him in the 20's like we were picking last year I would be okay with it. Reddick is going to be a really good player. I would probably have him higher on my personal board. I just don't know that the Bengals will go with a Linebacker early in the draft because they have Minter now (even though it is 1 year they could re-sign) and they want to see Vigil play more.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 02:33 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I agree that Ross has better hands is a better route runner than Fuller was. I just still wouldn't want to take him in the top 10 with his injury concerns and size. If we could get him in the 20's like we were picking last year I would be okay with it. Reddick is going to be a really good player. I would probably have him higher on my personal board. I just don't know that the Bengals will go with a Linebacker early in the draft because they have Minter now (even though it is 1 year they could re-sign) and they want to see Vigil play more.

I would rather trade back and get JR no question.

Very true on why we probably won't go LB in the first. Most likely pass rusher or pass catcher.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 02:33 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I agree that Ross has better hands is a better route runner than Fuller was. I just still wouldn't want to take him in the top 10 with his injury concerns and size. If we could get him in the 20's like we were picking last year I would be okay with it. Reddick is going to be a really good player. I would probably have him higher on my personal board. I just don't know that the Bengals will go with a Linebacker early in the draft because they have Minter now (even though it is 1 year they could re-sign) and they want to see Vigil play more.
Isn't Reddick good at rushing the QB and defending the pass and playing the run?  If he can do all that, gimme some.  He could be, at worst, a situational pass rusher as a rookie and grow into being a three down LB down the road.  I swear I would die a happy man if the Bengals could ever stop TE's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:50 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Every year I come up with a list of 20 to 25 names that I think are likely highest on the Bengals Big Board and what it might look like. Obviously this is just my own prediction on how they might have these guys ranked and feel free to rank your own.

Nice work man. I pretty much agree with every pick you have. I agree with you about Ross as well as the RB position. I would however pick OJ over Barnett.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 06:25 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't Reddick good at rushing the QB and defending the pass and playing the run?  If he can do all that, gimme some.  He could be, at worst, a situational pass rusher as a rookie and grow into being a three down LB down the road.  I swear I would die a happy man if the Bengals could ever stop TE's.

Yeah McC, with you all the way brother.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 06:25 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't Reddick good at rushing the QB and defending the pass and playing the run?  If he can do all that, gimme some.  He could be, at worst, a situational pass rusher as a rookie and grow into being a three down LB down the road.  I swear I would die a happy man if the Bengals could ever stop TE's.

Reddick is a complete LB for sure and as mentioned I would have him even higher than 10 on my personal big board. I just get the feeling the Bengals won't take a LB this early but who knows? That is just my guess based on recent history. I would love for him to be the pick because he would instantly improve the defense in a variety of ways that you mentioned.
Reply/Quote

I don't know if you're a writer for any site but if not you  should be.Although I didn't agree with everything it was a damn fine read. 
Reply/Quote
I think their is a good chance Soloman Thomas will be there at 9.
Reply/Quote

(04-25-2017, 10:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah McC, with you all the way brother.

Yup, really sick of seeing our LBers getting regularly torched by TE's
Reply/Quote

I do believe it would be a bit of a reach for reddick @ 9; that being said I do agree with your evaluation. What I really like about Hasson is the CB experience he has prior to bulking up has given him a leg up. He has no issue with being a standup line backer, as well has a great nose for the ball.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 08:48 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Reddick is a complete LB for sure and as mentioned I would have him even higher than 10 on my personal big board. I just get the feeling the Bengals won't take a LB this early but who knows? That is just my guess based on recent history. I would love for him to be the pick because he would instantly improve the defense in a variety of ways that you mentioned.

Reddick in 1 and Willis in round 2?   WOW
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 08:48 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Reddick is a complete LB for sure and as mentioned I would have him even higher than 10 on my personal big board. I just get the feeling the Bengals won't take a LB this early but who knows? That is just my guess based on recent history. I would love for him to be the pick because he would instantly improve the defense in a variety of ways that you mentioned.

(04-26-2017, 11:25 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup, really sick of seeing our LBers getting regularly torched by TE's

(04-26-2017, 11:28 AM)lbrown41017 Wrote: I do believe it would be a bit of a reach for reddick @ 9; that being said I do agree with your evaluation. What I really like about Hasson is the CB experience he has prior to bulking up has given him a leg up. He has no issue with being a standup line backer, as well has a great nose for the ball.

(04-26-2017, 11:39 AM)pulses Wrote: Reddick in 1 and Willis in round 2?   WOW

Yeah, don't see it happening but would be happy with Reddick at 9.

Sounds like Ross is the leading candidate now according to Lap which i also would be happy with.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, don't see it happening but would be happy with Reddick at 9.

Sounds like Ross is the leading candidate now according to Lap which i also would be happy with.

Yeah I do believe that Foster may be leading candidate with Ross close second. He can arguably become a best player out of this draft class. I do believe Lap feels that he will be gone at 9, I tend to disagree. I believe both will be available; if the phone doesn't ring, it'll be up to them to decide defense or offense first. Seems like a strong two they've narrowed it down to.
Reply/Quote