Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My, "I really don't know much about this," mock
I don't really follow a lot of college football and don't do a lot of reading about draft prospects.  I am certainly no expert so this isn't really a serious attempt.  But I'm bored so figured I would do one.  I used TDN predictive board for mine.

1.  Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
3. Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
4. Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington
5. Ben Bredeson, IOL, Michigan
6. Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska
7. Tyrie Cleveland, WR, Florida

I started with the obvious with Joe and picked Murray number 2 because of the need at LB.  Then went to what could possibly build around Burrow on offense in the middle rounds.  I was hoping to snag Thaddeus Moss at number 4 to give Burrow a TE he already worked with but he was gone so I just picked the best TE that was still available according to TDN.  Yeah I l know another Washington TE but maybe the second time is a charm Big Grin.  For number 6 I went with Lamar Jackson simply because I thought it would be funny to hear the announcers say Lamar Jackson intercepted Lamar Jackson in games against the Ravens.   At number 7 I picked Tyrie Cleveland because TDN said he is basically a vertical depth player.  Maybe he is a hidden gem for a last round selection?

Again, I don't know much when it comes to doing mocks and basically just went by what TDN said and players I thought the Bengals could use based on the TDN draft profile.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
It's a good draft Wilson is a raw athletic tackle with attitude in the 3rd and Im a big fan of Michgan OLine for this year.

I just don't like Kenneth Murray he's not good in coverage and misses alot of tackles.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 02:21 PM)Synric Wrote: It's a good draft Wilson is a raw athletic tackle with attitude in the 3rd and Im a big fan of Michgan OLine for this year.

I just don't like Kenneth Murray he's not good in coverage and misses alot of tackles.

Thanks. I know you spend a lot of time following the draft and have a lot of knowledge, so I appreciate your feedback. I get your point about Murray, if he misses a lot of tackles we don't need that considering Vigil already seems to have that issue.  I don't know enough about the other LBs honestly.  Maybe Malik Harrison if he is still there?  I took a look at Willie Gay Jr.    His draft profile says he is high motor and a consistent tackler which sounds good.  But he has some red flags for suspensions and this, "Aggressive to the point of some recklessness in his game."  So maybe he sounds a bit like Burfict?  So I'm not sure if he is a top of round 2 guy.

I thought about going WR in round 2 but decided since we have AJ for at least another year maybe best to see how that goes. I think if he can stay healthy he still has a lot of gas in the tank.  So I didn't see it as a huge need in the early rounds.

Of course I'm not at all against trading down from the 33rd pick if the guy the Bengals wanted isn't there. I suppose it will depend on how the first round plays out and if there is a team with decent draft capital that wants to move up for that pick to get their guy. Since we got no comp picks and the draft is kind of a crap shoot if we can pick up a few extra picks while trading down in to say the middle of the second round, I think it would be worth considering.

As for Ben Bredeson, I don't know much about Michigan but when I read his TDN draft profile he looks like a good prospect to play guard that could have a lot of potential, and if available by round 5 might be a fairly safe pick for that late in the draft. So I agree, it could be a good pick

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
For someone who supposedly doesn't know much about this, this is a badazz Mock George.

Love all the picks, what can I say? I might go for a WR in the 6th instead of the 7th. Think maybe we could pick up a
better one than Cleveland there and we are pretty stacked at Cornerback right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 02:21 PM)Synric Wrote: It's a good draft Wilson is a raw athletic tackle with attitude in the 3rd and Im a big fan of Michgan OLine for this year.

He sure has a lot of tackles for missing so many.
Reply/Quote
Music 
(03-23-2020, 06:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He sure has a lot of tackles for missing so many.

Troy Dye has one of the worst missed tackle rates out of the top guys with 60 missed tackles in 4 seasons. Kenneth Murray blows that out if the water with 50 in 3 seasons. Murray also allows an 84% completion rate in coverage. I know he is high on draft charts because height weight speed but the guy plays way out if control, takes bad angles, doesn't have play recognition etc. 

No thank you. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 08:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Troy Dye has one of the worst missed tackle rates out of the top guys with 60 missed tackles in 4 seasons. Kenneth Murray blows that out if the water with 50 in 3 seasons. Murray also allows an 84% completion rate in coverage. I know he is high on draft charts because height weight speed but the guy plays way out if control, takes bad angles, doesn't have play recognition etc. 

No thank you. 

Murray also played against much better Offenses. Murray needs to clean up his tackling but I love instincts.

He takes great angles at times, he just needs to dial it in. Who do you take then out of the 3 that might be there out of Murray, 
Baun and Queen? I am liking Baun the most after watching his pass rush skills, he uses his hands well and is better in coverage
than Murray. Plus with us going to a 3-4 hybrid I think Baun fits right in with Hubbard and Lawson.
Reply/Quote