Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My John Ross mock
[Image: 0a68fc5ae6dc4e2c517d3c34d62905fe.jpg]

Wanted to put one together since this seems to be pick. Mixon went a few picks before watt, which bummed me out. But I got over it. I would also probably sub skipper for Conley if Conley were available. In these sims his value isn't depressed yet.

I had my choice of beckwith, walker or anzalone. So maybe that would change. I kept just missing a tight end also but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Since I said I put in my final mock on its own I will just piggyback off of your thread here since Lapham threw out Ross as an option. I would really like to hear his four or five names like we heard last year. His mock pick was Fuller but he had William Jackson III as one of the 5 options. Anyways here he is my best guess if we go with Ross at 9....

1. John Ross - Get their speed WR

2. Tarrell Basham - I would absolutely love Charles Harris here but I think he ends up top 20 and if not then no way he gets past the Cowboys toward the end of the first. Bengals met with Basham and that can be telling sometimes for this franchise. Him or Willis from K State are likely options to add some infusion in youth on the D-Line. If Mixon is available they may take him here but I have seen them go Offense then Defense or vice versa quite a bit over the years.

3. Jake Butt - If they were interested in Howard in the 1st then I see no reason they may not have similar interest in someone like Jake Butt here in the 3rd. If his medicals check out he was way more productive in college than Howard was.

4. Roderick Johnson - Offensive Tackle prospect in the mid rounds that they can develop in the event that Ogbuehi and or Fisher do not pan out.

4. Kendell Beckwith - Inside Linebacker prospect that is a thumper in the middle. LSU has produced quality NFL LB's the last few years and I think they have a couple more this year that go in the draft in the early to mid rounds.

5. Zane Gonzalez- If this is the Kicker they want then they should go ahead and grab him early.

5. James Connor - If they miss out on Mixon in the 2nd then they may just go ahead and wait a few rounds to snag a RB and hope that Hill has a bounce back/ contract season this year. Connor is a guy that is hard to bet against after surviving Cancer. He had a great season and is a motivated and high character guy that they could use to help replace Burkhead.

6. Jarron Jones - Unsure of exactly what they have in Billings after being injured all year they go and grab another monster for the interior of the Defensive Line. I actually think Jones is much better than a 5th or 6th round pick but that is where he is currently projected.

6. RayShawn Jenkins - We love to grab Safeties late in the draft so here is some more competition for the final roster spot there.

7. Chad Kelly - I can't stop mocking this guy to the Bengals now. High risk/high reward player and when you have 11 picks in a draft you can take these chances because worst case scenario is you have a guy that doesn't make the roster if he screws up which is going to be an uphill battle to make the roster regardless for any 7th round pick this year.

7. Jeremy Clark - CB from Michigan that you hope to develop on the practice squad. He is 6'3" so the size is there but he needs to be coached up on technique.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:18 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Since I said I put in my final mock on its own I will just piggyback off of your thread here since Lapham threw out Ross as an option. I would really like to hear his four or five names like we heard last year. His mock pick was Fuller but he had William Jackson III as one of the 5 options. Anyways here he is my best guess if we go with Ross at 9....

1. John Ross - Get their speed WR

2. Tarrell Basham - I would absolutely love Charles Harris here but I think he ends up top 20 and if not then no way he gets past the Cowboys toward the end of the first. Bengals met with Basham and that can be telling sometimes for this franchise. Him or Willis from K State are likely options to add some infusion in youth on the D-Line. If Mixon is available they may take him here but I have seen them go Offense then Defense or vice versa quite a bit over the years.

3. Jake Butt - If they were interested in Howard in the 1st then I see no reason they may not have similar interest in someone like Jake Butt here in the 3rd. If his medicals check out he was way more productive in college than Howard was.

4. Roderick Johnson - Offensive Tackle prospect in the mid rounds that they can develop in the event that Ogbuehi and or Fisher do not pan out.

4. Kendell Beckwith - Inside Linebacker prospect that is a thumper in the middle. LSU has produced quality NFL LB's the last few years and I think they have a couple more this year that go in the draft in the early to mid rounds.

5. Zane Gonzalez- If this is the Kicker they want then they should go ahead and grab him early.

5. James Connor - If they miss out on Mixon in the 2nd then they may just go ahead and wait a few rounds to snag a RB and hope that Hill has a bounce back/ contract season this year. Connor is a guy that is hard to bet against after surviving Cancer. He had a great season and is a motivated and high character guy that they could use to help replace Burkhead.

6. Jarron Jones - Unsure of exactly what they have in Billings after being injured all year they go and grab another monster for the interior of the Defensive Line. I actually think Jones is much better than a 5th or 6th round pick but that is where he is currently projected.

6. RayShawn Jenkins - We love to grab Safeties late in the draft so here is some more competition for the final roster spot there.

7. Chad Kelly - I can't stop mocking this guy to the Bengals now. High risk/high reward player and when you have 11 picks in a draft you can take these chances because worst case scenario is you have a guy that doesn't make the roster if he screws up which is going to be an uphill battle to make the roster regardless for any 7th round pick this year.

7. Jeremy Clark - CB from Michigan that you hope to develop on the practice squad. He is 6'3" so the size is there but he needs to be coached up on technique.

That's a good one too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
my john ross mock I did yesterday.

1:9 John Ross WR Washington
2:9 Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
3:9 Raekwon McMillan LB Ohio St.
4:9 Trey Hendrickson EDGE Florida Atl.
4:31 Jalen Myrick CB Minnesota
5:9 Kyle Fuller C Baylor
5:32 Jonnu Smith TE FIU
6:9 Zane Gonzalez K Arizona St.
6:33 Jessamen Dunker G Tennessee St.
7:9 Avery Moss EDGE Youngstown St.
7:33 Jordan Morgan G Kutztown
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:38 AM)pulses Wrote: my john ross mock I did yesterday.

1:9 John Ross WR Washington
2:9 Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
3:9 Raekwon McMillan LB Ohio St.
4:9 Trey Hendrickson EDGE Florida Atl.
4:31 Jalen Myrick CB Minnesota
5:9 Kyle Fuller C Baylor
5:32 Jonnu Smith TE FIU
6:9 Zane Gonzalez K Arizona St.
6:33 Jessamen Dunker G Tennessee St.
7:9 Avery Moss EDGE Youngstown St.
7:33 Jordan Morgan G Kutztown
Sign me up for this happening. Mixon in the 2nd (which may actually happen now since Cook is also available and then McMillan falling into our laps somehow in the 3rd would be amazing. Don't know a ton about Hendrickson but any pass rush help is needed. Myrick is a good Corner also. Competion at Center and Tight End depth with the best Kicker and some good developmental guys at the end. Good job.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:52 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Sign me up for this happening. Mixon in the 2nd (which may actually happen now since Cook is also available and then McMillan falling into our laps somehow in the 3rd would be amazing. Don't know a ton about Hendrickson but any pass rush help is needed. Myrick is a good Corner also. Competion at Center and Tight End depth with the best Kicker and some good developmental guys at the end. Good job.

Hendrickson is 6'4  266 and ran  a 4.65 forty and a 4.40 3 cone which is real good for his size. I think he has a lot of upside.
Reply/Quote