Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Joe Mixon Narrative
We fans will continue debating him because of his off-field issues. But ultimately at this point all that really matters is how much do the Bengals like him and will he be a Bengal?

The question that really needs to be asked is if he's selected by the Bengals, will you stop supporting the Bengals? Or will you root against Mixon if he's a Bengal?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Go check some of the Chiefs forums. They hated Tyreek Hill from April until he started scoring TD's. Then, all of his DV and arrests didn't matter a lick
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:15 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes it is, we're not talking about other players we are talking about Mixon. We aren't talking about any blurry lines, we are talking about someone who clearly committed violence against a woman. You either condone that or you don't.

I don't condone violence against women.  That is ridiculous.  It has nothing to do with me condoning what he did.

Do you condone drinking and driving, theft, or any of the other crimes that Bengals have committed?  Saying that a guy is allowed to play on the Bengals has nothing to do with condoning a mistake he made.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:15 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes it is, we're not talking about other players we are talking about Mixon. We aren't talking about any blurry lines, we are talking about someone who clearly committed violence against a woman. You either condone that or you don't. If you're making excuses and trying to fudge reality than you obviously condone what he did. If you think what he did was ok, then at least have the guts to admit it. Do not hide behind lines that you blurred to rationalize your desire to have him on this team

[Image: 8ZNIaTw.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't condone violence against women.  That is ridiculous.  It has nothing to do with me condoning what he did.

Do you condone drinking and driving, theft, or any of the other crimes that Bengals have committed?  Saying that a guy is allowed to play on the Bengals has nothing to do with condoning a mistake he made.

I was responding to the comment talking about the incident itself and the layers that went into him hitting her not being straightforward. At the end of the day I don't give a f*** what she said to him, there is nothing in this world she could have said that would make what he did ok. It really is that simple.

As to some of the other larger comments about the subject directed at me (even though I promised myself I was done arguing this kid) I will simply state my feelings yet again.

-Yes there are others in the league who have done what mixon did (or worse), that does not make it right and does not mean they should be in the NFL. It also doesn't mean he should get a pass because others did it too. 

-Personally I don't want him on my team. I feel the bengals, more than any team, need to avoid the trouble children. There are countless ways having someone like that on your team can hurt you. The benefits do not outweigh the risks imo 

-This kid has shown he has a lack of self control when situations get heated. People like that (*cough pacman) usually continue to find trouble and create problems for the team. 

-If he went to the Steelers or Ravens I know everyone in here hoping we draft him would be calling him a woman beater every time we played him. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:48 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I was responding to the comment talking about the incident itself and the layers that went into him hitting her not being straightforward. At the end of the day I don't give a f*** what she said to him, there is nothing in this world she could have said that would make what he did ok. It really is that simple.

As to some of the other larger comments about the subject directed at me (even though I promised myself I was done arguing this kid) I will simply state my feelings yet again.

-Yes there are others in the league who have done what mixon did (or worse), that does not make it right and does not mean they should be in the NFL. It also doesn't mean he should get a pass because others did it too. 

-Personally I don't want him on my team. I feel the bengals, more than any team, need to avoid the trouble children. There are countless ways having someone like that on your team can hurt you. The benefits do not outweigh the risks imo 

-This kid has shown he has a lack of self control when situations get heated. People like that (*cough pacman) usually continue to find trouble and create problems for the team. 

-If he went to the Steelers or Ravens I know everyone in here hoping we draft him would be calling him a woman beater every time we played him. 

There have been very few (if any) that HOPE Mixon to be drafted the the Bengals. I believe anyone who hasn't completely written him off is more trying to be content if the Bengals do select him. Wanting him selected and being ok with the selection if it were to happen are two different things.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'll flat out admit I want him to be selected. Especially if that is outside of the first round. He's arguably one of the top 5 talents in the draft an an immediate impact player.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 12:06 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'll flat out admit I want him to be selected.  Especially if that is outside of the first round.  He's arguably one of the top 5 talents in the draft an an immediate impact player.

I'm with you.

I want Joe Mixon.

He reminds me of Ladanian Tomlinson only 2 inches taller and 10 pounds heavier.
Likely won't be as Great as Tomlinson was but if he is anywhere close to Ladanian's level the Bengals become dangerous.

He would close the talent Gap between Jeremy Hill and Leveon Bell.
Reply/Quote
Wil never condone hitting a woman, drinking and driving, assault, burglary, etc.

However I do believe in second chances, and the incident in question here was 2-3 year ago with an 18 year old boy. Unless I am missing something, he has never been in trouble before or after the incident. Some people do actually learn from past mistakes and change for the better. I'd be all for the bengals taking mixon in the second or trading back up on the first. With that said, I have a feeling someone will take a chance on him earlier than expected. He isn't ray rice, who is supposed to be an adult on hr downside of his career. He is a top talent that had a bad bad mistake at 18 years old.

Again I don't condone it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the kid has a long career without another instance of DV.
Reply/Quote