Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Marvin Theory (Spoiler Alert: he's a Genius)
I believe Marvin leaked the news of him not returning (or his agent, or other industry friends) as a negotiation tactic to get Mike Brown to get off the pot, change some internal things, and pay him/assistants more money.... and it's genius.

I think Marvin knows Mike wants him back, but Mike was trying to be shrewd and not move on it thinking he would get a desperate Marvin at the end of the year. But Marvin has struck first. Thus, the reports of the Brown family being in shock and caught off guard.

If only he had this much foresight in planning game days.

My prediction: Marvin is back for another 2 year deal.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 06:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I believe Marvin leaked the news of him not returning (or his agent, or other industry friends) as a negotiation tactic to get Mike Brown to get off the pot, change some internal things, and pay him/assistants more money.... and it's genius.

I think Marvin knows Mike wants him back, but Mike was trying to be shrewd and not move on it thinking he would get a desperate Marvin at the end of the year. But Marvin has struck first. Thus, the reports of the Brown family being in shock and caught off guard.

while that's interesting I think a few years back  they made the deal that he stay thru the 50th anniversary season..

and that was when they also offered Hue the succession plan..   to take over but he didn't want to wait and now probly has the worst all time record as a head coach in the NFL
Reply/Quote
That would suggest that Mike values Marvin more than money.

He doesn't.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
BOOM! I nailed this EARLY (see first post)! Who knows his Bengals? This F'ing guy!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:15 PM)PDub80 Wrote: BOOM! I nailed this EARLY (see first post)! Who knows his Bengals? This F'ing guy!

I've also said that the "leak" was a negotiating ploy, but you also nailed the 2 year deal. Good call. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 06:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I believe Marvin leaked the news of him not returning (or his agent, or other industry friends) as a negotiation tactic to get Mike Brown to get off the pot, change some internal things, and pay him/assistants more money.... and it's genius.

Can't nail it any better than this.  Nicely done! (But I really wish you'd have been wrong...)
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:15 PM)PDub80 Wrote: BOOM! I nailed this EARLY (see first post)! Who knows his Bengals? This F'ing guy!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

This is just as good and probably better than me calling out Ken Zampese's incompetence after his first game as OC. 
Reply/Quote