Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
My Own Poll from 2015
I know there's no way to tell how 'honest' everyone will be, and with all the back and forth going on criticizing the ones bashing the franchise vs the 'homers' vs live and let play, I have decided on this poll.

Again, I'm asking for honesty.

Back in 2015 when Burfict intercepted Landry Jones pass on the Steelers 26 yard line with 1:36 to go;

How many thought:

1.  Game over, Bengals first playoff win!  Steelers have just one time out.  Bengals only need a first down to go to a knee.

2.  With this franchise, it's not over until the clock reaches 00:00, with the Bengals ahead by at least one point, and there are no yellow flags on the field.

I was watching that game with my son, and when Burfict intercepted that pass my son was yelling, "Game over dad, game over!!"

I calmly looked at him and said, "Son, with this franchise it's not over, until it's over!"  (A Yoga Berraism)
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I know there's no way to tell how 'honest' everyone will be, and with all the back and forth going on criticizing the ones bashing the franchise vs the 'homers' vs live and let play, I have decided on this poll.

Back in 2015 when Burfict intercepted Landry Jones pass on the Steelers 26 yard line with 1:36 to go;

How many thought:

1.  Game over, Bengals first playoff win!  Steelers have just one time out.  Bengals only need a first down to go to a knee.

2.  With this franchise, it's not over until the clock reaches 00:00, with the Bengals ahead by at least one point, and there are no yellow flags on the field.

I was watching that game with my son, and when Burfict intercepted that pass my son was yelling, "Game over dad, game over!!"

I calmly looked at him and said, "Son, with this franchise it's not over, until it's over!"  (A Yoga Berraism)

I thought #1. I'd even extend it to "Even if the Bengals don't get a first down, the Steelers would need to drive the length of the field in less than a minute and get a touchdown to win, assuming we hit the field goal."
Reply/Quote
Even I thought we won and I always wait until there is no chance in hell. That was an epic collapse even for the bungles
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:36 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Even I thought we won and I always wait until there is no chance in hell. That was an epic collapse even for the bungles

This.

My point being, games like THAT, serious 'egg laying', has been happening on a consistent basis for 30 years.

I'm not a franchise basher, I just wait for the day they can prove me wrong.

I dare them too!
Reply/Quote
I honestly thought the Vontaze Burfict interception sealed the deal.

The end of that playoff game still gives me heartburn. My memory is very good and I’ll never forget the pass AJ McCarron threw into double coverage to AJ Green for the go-ahead touchdown. That was THE loudest moment I’ve EVER experienced in Paul Brown Stadium.
Reply/Quote
I thought the game was over. The Bengals essentially had a 99.99% chance of victory there, I was celebrating.
Reply/Quote
Why are we reliving this?

Move on.
Reply/Quote
I will be honest.

When Stanford Jennings scored TD on the kickoff against the 49ers in the SB, and Bengals kicked off and pinned the 9ers on their 8 yard line with 1:30 left, I said, "This isn't over yet. That's too much time for the greatest QB in the NFL!"

I hoped I would be wrong, but not a chance!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:56 PM)motoarch Wrote: Why are we reliving this?

Move on.

It's a poll moto!

We've been moving on for 25 years before that game and 6 years afterward.

Wake up and smell the coffee for crying out loud!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I honestly thought the Vontaze Burfict interception sealed the deal.  

The end of that playoff game still gives me heartburn.  My memory is very good and I’ll never forget the pass AJ McCarron threw into double coverage to AJ Green for the go-ahead touchdown.  That was THE loudest moment I’ve EVER experienced in Paul Brown Stadium.

Memories . . ?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I know there's no way to tell how 'honest' everyone will be, and with all the back and forth going on criticizing the ones bashing the franchise vs the 'homers' vs live and let play, I have decided on this poll.

How many thought:

I absolutely thought #2. My older brother is the optimist and was in Who Dey mode. My dad and I knew the world was ready to pounce on the Bengals being Bungles. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:47 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This.

My point being, games like THAT, serious 'egg laying', has been happening on a consistent basis for 30 years.

I'm not a franchise basher, I just wait for the day they can prove me wrong.

I dare them too!

I am sure there have been dozens of times when you said it was not over and you were wrong because the Bengals won.  Or you said it was over when the Bengals were behind and they came back to won.

You can't brag about being correct wrong after being wrong so many other times.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sure there have been dozens of times when you said it was not over and you were wrong because the Bengals won.  Or you said it was over when the Bengals were behind and they came back to won.

You can't brag about being correct wrong after being wrong so many other times.

You're a smarter guy than this GB.

They haven't won a playoff game in 30+ years and I KNOW I'm right about that.

THAT'S my challenge, not to please you who's been 'out of order' more than once!  Wink
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:47 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm not a franchise basher

Bringing up a game from a half decade ago to justify how you are “right” about this team, and they are a constant disappointment says otherwise.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
they are a constant disappointment to those of us who expect success, not "a process that's been going on for nearly 40 years". if you expect to get drunk and that's all, then you can't be disappointed. life is great for those with low expectations.
Reply/Quote
Why continue to say you support a team that apparently causes you nothing but suffering? Or do some of y'all just get your naughty jollies being made to suffer?
Reply/Quote
That's a good question! Do you know of anyone who has quit being a fan of a team? I don't. People say they do but there they are, every Sunday, watching.
Reply/Quote
logic says we go 3 and 1 and win the north and get trounced by the Chargers. I just dont think Zac is smart enough to get there.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 09:46 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Bringing up a game from a half decade ago to justify how you are “right” about this team, and they are a constant disappointment says otherwise.

A realist Smallman.  I have been a fan from birth in 1968.

Will always be a fan but not a homer and not a hater

Just call a spade a spade and even though you are on my ignore list I sometimes take a peak just to confirm that I made the right call.

Happy to announce you definitely qualify.
Reply/Quote