Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My PBS experience
As if the product on the field wasn't bad enough...

The times listed on the game day newsletter for Bengals legends autograph signing (12-1) were wrong.  I was excited about the guys who were going to be there (Munoz, Chad, Ken and Willie Anderson, Trumpy, Leon, Dhani, Breech, Riley), and purchased pictures in advance for players to sign.  Brought my '89 Super Bowl autograph football for members of that team to sign.  Made sure to arrive at 12 sharp. Only to be told that the autographs were earlier, that the players needed to be on the field.  Why, I don't know, since they weren't introduced till halftime.  While I appreciate that Bengals make former players available...if you're going to do it, do it right.  VERY disappointed.

While I'm at it, the scoreboard stumper asked which player has had his jersey retired. No brainer, right?  Anthony Munoz, our only Hall of Famer.  Wrong, #78 has not been retired.  For the love of Paul Brown, why not?

And if they're going to retire the jersey of Bob Johnson, I have no problem.  But where in the stadium is it displayed?  Surely among all the advertisements they could find room for #54.

I am a loyal season ticket holder for many years but stuff like this is discouraging.

And I haven't even talked about the game.
Reply/Quote
Write the stadium a letter. Better yet, I will respond for them in advance. Thank you for your letter Speedy. We just have to do better. We have to get it right when it's on the line.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Write the stadium a letter. Better yet, I will respond for them in advance. Thank you for your letter Speedy. We just have to do better. We have to get it right when it's on the line.

Already did, Harley.  Will let you know what (if anything) I hear back.
Reply/Quote
That’s terrible. The Browns/Blackburns should be absolutely ashamed for the way they run this franchise. Between the stadium deal, the product on the field, and then hearing stuff like this...

I’m getting close to the point where I need to ask myself if it’s time to stop supporting this team all together.

Reply/Quote
The sucky part about all this is I doubt they really care?

Reply/Quote
Bengals management could **** up a wet dream.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:26 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Bengals management could **** up a wet dream.

Um yeah...

Have you seen them?

Funny sidenote. On a fantasy football podcast I was listening to today one of the guys said something about the Bengals' "GM". Lulz...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The incompetence of the brown family is absolutely astounding. How are they able to breathe?
Reply/Quote
The Reds are so much better. They do it for 81 games. The Bengals only need to get 8 games right...2 more if you count preseason. I will say I enjoy the Bengals training camp though.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The sucky part about all this is I doubt they really care?

what have they done which would make you believe they care?
Reply/Quote
There is a reason there are more empty seats than fans on game day. And it is not a good.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I have spent 50 years as one of the biggest  die hard Bengals fan.

This past Sunday I was pulling for two Jags on my fantasy team.

Even last year I would never have considered doing this.

The Bengals drain the life out of your fandom spirit.

Getting more and more detached which makes the Sundays with my son and his buddies in our fantasy league much more enjoyable.

I don't understand how the Brown family thinks this is going to work out for them forever.

Doc has a column today saying what I have been thinking- this is going downhill to lost Decade II, season ticket and luxury box buyers are going to drop through the basement, Bengals will have all the excuses they need to move to a new city with new stadium as soon as they can get out of lease.

Very sad for all the folks in Cincy who have loyally supported this organization for 50 years.
Reply/Quote
PS

About the only good thing bout the Bengals right now is this Board and the wonderful people who post messages.
Reply/Quote
Being in the NFL means that he makes obscene profits regardless of anything that he does businesswise. The only real incentive once you’re an NFL Owner is Pride. The Brown family seems content in just having the money. I get that the NFL can’t make it a habit to make Owners sell but I just don’t see how this family reflects anything positive on the NFL. They’re basically welfare recipients in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:08 PM)bengals67 Wrote: PS

About the only good thing bout the Bengals right now is this Board and the wonderful people who post messages.

And our helmets and uniforms.

Reply/Quote
Meh it’s just sports. I learned a while back to not attach my self with to any sports team. The Bengals or Buckeyes performance has little to do with my every day life. Still gotta pay the bills, take out the trash, etc.

It’s fun when they do well but I can’t feel sad for anyone for choosing to follow a sports team.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And our helmets and uniforms.

True but I liked the Bengal logo instead of the "B" which I have always thought they adopted because of "Brown"

Who else has the first letter of the team name as their badge? No one.

When it comes to customer service and building a team the entire Brown family and spouses are out to lunch.

re-sign Hart

draft Sample in second round

waste money on Go- a RB that barely plays- instead of ponying up for a decent LB or o  lineman.

Makes no sense whatsoever
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 05:25 PM)bengals67 Wrote: True but I liked the Bengal logo instead of the "B" which I have always thought they adopted because of "Brown"

Who else has the first letter of the team name as their badge? No one.

When it comes to customer service and building a team the entire Brown family and spouses are out to lunch.

re-sign Hart

draft Sample in second round

waste money on Go- a RB that barely plays- instead of ponying up for a decent LB or o  lineman.

Makes no sense whatsoever

Ive never liked the B. It's just second rate, which reflects the front office on a good day. 

But yeah no once else uses the team name's first letter, just the city's like G or C.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: The Reds are so much better.  They do it for 81 games.  The Bengals only need to get 8 games right...2 more if you count preseason.  I will say I enjoy the Bengals training camp though.

Even as the Reds keep stinking year after year, at least they get it right with the fans compared to the Bengals. Its not even close. Great American has statues, HoF museum, much better food, and just overall much better fan experience. PBS is a like an outdoor dungeon with Mikey up there overseeing the pain he brings on the few fans that show up.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:59 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: what have they done which would make you believe they care?
Well there is that time they sent Season Ticket holders the can of popcorn. 
Reply/Quote