Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals somehow sell out the home opener for next season
(01-27-2017, 09:09 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Offseasons are like that. Once FA creeps around (geesh, still a ways away, too), there will be tons of threads about that. Then the draft. Then preseason.

Rinse, wash, repeat every year.

I think about the 2010 team with T.O and how unlikeable that team was...and then Palmer quitting.  I don't recall this much hostility in an offseason, even then.  

People were saying the Bengals wouldn't win a game with all that inexperience at key positions.  I think this team is still very close (I know, I am the minority there) and with the number of draft picks the Bengals own, and where they are selecting, I think this is a very exciting offseason.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:44 PM)Derrick Wrote: OOPS! I messed up my original reply.
Have the Bengals had only 3 playoff wins in 49 seasons? Not exactly top-tier numbers! Speaking of same old stuff. It has been 3 weeks since Jones screwed up. Marvy says it is not on him to comment; and the Bengals FO has apologized for Jones. Where the heck is Jones' apology. Moreover, why hasn't the FO canned his butt yet?

Not that it changes your point, but it's 5 playoff wins.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 10:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think about the 2010 team with T.O and how unlikeable that team was...and then Palmer quitting.  I don't recall this much hostility in an offseason, even then.  

People were saying the Bengals wouldn't win a game with all that inexperience at key positions.  I think this team is still very close (I know, I am the minority there) and with the number of draft picks the Bengals own, and where they are selecting, I think this is a very exciting offseason.  

Well, I think it's clear more and more people are just getting fed up. I mean Wyche, Bengalfan, Shake and a few others that's been here since old board and then some are even getting "antsy". It is what it is, right? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 07:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This isn't just directed at you, but there just seems to be an overflow recently of frustration on this board.  Some want to talk about the solution, the draft, FA, etc. and some just want to vent on coaching, ownership, certain players, etc.

I get the frustration, but maybe we could have a sticky thread labeled "mad as hell and not going to take it anymore" where folks can just keep reiterating how mad they are for not winning a playoff game in forever.  

There could be sections under "VENT":  Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton, Ken Zampese, Mike Brown...and it could go on and on.  

Like I said, I get the frustration, but it is all so damn repetitive and boring.  
The question is is what I and others did classified as venting or just telling it how it is? I'm on a Cleveland Cavs board along with this one and the Cavs recently have had struggles winning think they've lost 5 out of 7 games and some ppl went crazy calling the season over and posted hella threads about how much the Cavs suck. To me THATS venting because even the guys posting those threads know in their heart that come June the Cavs have just as good a shot as all the other elite teams of taking home the title.

With the Bengals it's different. There's no hope at all. After so long being failures it's not even venting, it's life
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 07:58 PM)Housh Wrote: My new favorite phrase in life is

"Were just gonna have to agree to disagree". I don't agree with your opinion of what a down year is but I can respect it. Being good enough to win 10 games is never a bad thing.

I'll delete that first post

This team is just so frustrating and then when you see ppl who aren't as frustrating as you about it it makes it even worse

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. There's a lot to be frustrated about, and each of us can pick one different than the others and we'd all be right imho. 

14 years with Marvin and no playoff wins seems to head the list, and with good reason. There is no other franchise that hangs their hat on such a record. Further, he recently indicated extending him would put the team "at ease". At ease for what! Removing all doubt that we're looking at more of the same? It's bewildering to me that even 40,000 fans would shell out a decent amount of money to watch another predictable game. 

It's a relative popular notion that Mike Brown wants to win. He has yet to show us that he knows how .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 11:15 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I think you hit the nail on the head with this. There's a lot to be frustrated about, and each of us can pick one different than the others and we'd all be right imho. 

14 years with Marvin and no playoff wins seems to head the list, and with good reason. There is no other franchise that hangs their hat on such a record. Further, he recently indicated extending him would put the team "at ease". At ease for what! Removing all doubt that we're looking at more of the same? It's bewildering to me that even 40,000 fans would shell out a decent amount of money to watch another predictable game. 

It's a relative popular notion that Mike Brown wants to win. He has yet to show us that he knows how .....

I think a more precise statement about MB is he "likes to win". I mean who doesn't like to win ? I mean he likes to win as long as he can do it on a budget, and 100% his way.

If he really "wanted" to win, I mean the same way someone "wants" a new car, a new fishing pole, or the pretty girl down the street. They're usually motivated to do what it takes to get it, or at least try hard. In this case hiring a GM and letting him run the show.

Mike likes to win as long as that doesn't get in the way of his priorities. Money, loyalty, having a big happy Bengals family of tenured coaches and players, making sure his family/FO get there's etc.

Winning is like 3rd or 4th down the list.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 07:06 PM)Housh Wrote: The promoter needs a huge raise. How the hell do you sell people on this Franchise? You gonna make a video package that's ALL AJ Green Dalton and Eifert? This is crazy. This team has no bright spots coaching wise and has like 4 or 5 amazing players out of 53 who aren't problems off or on the field.

If you can sell tickets to this you are a god of marketing

With this over the top post, you might want to change your name to Ochocinco...  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 12:13 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think a more precise statement about MB is he "likes to win". I mean who doesn't like to win ? I mean he likes to win as long as he can do it on a budget, and 100% his way.

If he really "wanted" to win, I mean the same way someone "wants" a new car, a new fishing pole, or the pretty girl down the street. They're usually motivated to do what it takes to get it, or at least try hard. In this case hiring a GM and letting him run the show.

Mike likes to win as long as that doesn't get in the way of his priorities. Money, loyalty, having a big happy Bengals family of tenured coaches and players, making sure his family/FO get there's etc.

Winning is like 3rd or 4th down the list.

When it comes to winning football, our interpretation of the word 'usual' doesn't fit into Mike Brown's vocabulary imho. He's old enough now to be stubborn for stubborn's sake. He's the son of Paul, so how could anyone else suggest to him how to do it? As for the money aspect, that's a done deal by now. I sincerely believe that Mike Brown thinks he knows what to do, and how to do it. And he will go to his grave trying to show the league that he is, and has always been right.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 12:35 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: When it comes to winning football, our interpretation of the word 'usual' doesn't fit into Mike Brown's vocabulary imho. He's old enough now to be stubborn for stubborn's sake. He's the son of Paul, so how could anyone else suggest to him how to do it? As for the money aspect, that's a done deal by now. I sincerely believe that Mike Brown thinks he knows what to do, and how to do it. And he will go to his grave trying to show the league that he is, and has always been right.

He's not about to give in now huh ? Whether it's 1 more season or 10 more seasons, he's not ever going to change 1iota.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 09:39 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's not about to give in now huh ? Whether it's 1 more season or 10 more seasons, he's not ever going to change 1iota.

Yes, it's my opinion only though. Who really knows what goes on between his ears? I can only comment on his past actions.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 09:39 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's not about to give in now huh ? Whether it's 1 more season or 10 more seasons, he's not ever going to change 1iota.

Equivalent to a fat cheerleader attempting to get to the top of the pyramid. Every time she fails, she crushes the hopes, dreams and backs of everyone underneath her. Her name is Marvin Lewis.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 11:32 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Yes, it's my opinion only though. Who really knows what goes on between his ears? I can only comment on his past actions.

[Image: 5C5.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote