Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Q&A with Duke Tobin
(01-28-2017, 01:04 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm sure Tobin doesn't want to tip the Bengal's hand to other teams that might trade up to draft the player the Bengals are targeting.

Yeah, Im sure that the other teams want the players that we are interested in. They probably watch who is on our draft board and immediately remove their names from theirs.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 11:58 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah, Im sure that the other teams want the players that we are interested in. They probably watch who is on our draft board and immediately remove their names from theirs.

Our draft board is no secret to anyone.  Just pick out the most frail offensive tackles and add in the corners and you're done.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 11:26 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm willing to give Cedric Ogbuehi a second chance this off season and through training camp for one reason:  I don't think Cedric played healthy in 2016 because to my eye he never seemed totally recovered from his college injury.  Last spring this pick made sense; Cedric graded high in all categories and his film from his games at Texas A&M showed an outstanding NFL prospect.  To me there are three potential reasons he underachieved last season:

(1) Being coached by the Piano Man
(2) Not being 100% healthy
(3) He's not NFL quality

Of these three reasons, I think (1) and/or (2) are more likely and (3) is a remote possibility.  If (3) turns out to be the case he needs to go because playoff teams don't have the luxury of experimenting with personnel.
I've been saying, I've listen to the grueling truth podcast with a former Bengals player guest, who was at the Washington game. And he said ced didn't look NFL caliber, he was probably responsible for half the sacks at that point of the season.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 06:54 PM)samhain Wrote: Our draft board is no secret to anyone.  Just pick out the most frail offensive tackles and add in the corners and you're done.

I know that you were being sarcastic, but you kind of make a good point.  Each year it seems, after the draft, it gets "leaked out" who the Bengals had rated as their best picks.  Most of them typically seem like head scratchers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 09:47 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I've been saying, I've listen to the grueling truth podcast with a former Bengals player guest, who was at the Washington game. And he said ced didn't look NFL caliber, he was probably responsible for half the sacks at that point of the season.

I hope that's not the case, man.  I really do.  I honestly feel that given our current situation in terms of OT, there's about a 1000 percent chance of Ogbuehi starting at some point next year. Fisher has trouble staying healthy and free agency isn't a thing in this town.  The excuses will be lined up, and we'll hear how great he looks in practice.  They'll tell us what an outstanding athlete he is and how he just needs time.  It's coming and we know it. 

I feel like it's more likely that the team gets a deal done with Whitworth, but if they don't, I have zero doubt that they'll run him out there on opening day.  They're that dense and delusional.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 11:57 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:
I know it's a dirty term in Bengaldom, but what about looking via free agency for some outstanding offensive linemen?  It certainly paid off for Atlanta.

They won't pay for a top-tier (dollar) guard or tackle for a couple reasons:  One, they already have that option for one of them, Zeitler...I just don't think they want to pay $10 million per year for a guard, especially one that is not dominant.  Two, there won't be many teams that allow a top tier player to go elsewhere.

I could see a middle-ground stop gap FA at Guard and then draft the Tackle?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 11:58 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah, Im sure that the other teams want the players that we are interested in. They probably watch who is on our draft board and immediately remove their names from theirs.

If a team trades up in the draft for a player, why do you think they decide to trade up to a certain point in the draft?  Or do you think teams pick an arbitrary trade partner?
Reply/Quote