Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My (Random) Thoughts About the Game
Rather than post about a dozen different topics, in a dozen different threads, I figured I'd post them here. I really don't have the energy left to devote a ton of time going back and forth on this stuff. So for anyone that cares to read them...

1.) The Hill fumble was bad. Very, very bad. Horrible. Pick you adjective. All that said, making him the scapegoat for this game is too lazy of an explanation or analysis. (Same goes for Burfict/Jones) Terrible play, but not the reason we lost. Not scoring for 3 quarters and gifting the away team a 15-0 lead had every bit as much (and more) to do with the loss.

2.) You can't go scoreless for 3 quarters to open a home game in the playoffs. You just can't. It's amazing they almost won. For whatever reason, they weren't ready to compete on offense.

3.) McCarron didn't play well. But he showed late in the game that the moment wasn't too big for him. He has shown both the physical and mental ability to perform better than he did early on. So much like #3, for whatever reason, he wasn't ready compete.

4.) A head coaches job is all things. We all know this, that everything comes to him. One of his primary jobs is preparing his team. This could mean any number of things. Coming up with a gameplan, motivating, disciplining, inspiring, practice schedules, practice reps, demeanor, communication, etc.

The way his team comes to play his a reflection of the job he's done. What does it say about it him when they don't score for the first 47 minutes?

Is it his offensive coordinator? Well, I mean the guy is considered one of the better OC's in the league. He's rumored as the #1 target for multiple head coaching jobs. He's proven to be capable.

We went scoreless, for 47 minutes, at home, against the 21st ranked defense, with an above average OC?

C'mon, guys. When you bring up the 2006 Browns you tell me that Butch Davis was a shitty coach, not that he was hindered by a Rob Chudinski playbook. The head coach is responsible for all, and thus gets the majority of the credit and blame. We all remember the failure that was Greg Schianio. Nobody is going out of their way to deflect blame from him to Mike Sullivan (OC). So, like or not, Marvin Lewis is to blame here when we fall short.

He didn't have his guys ready. Unacceptable. Period.

5.) Very similar to #5. Marvin Lewis is responsible for the actions of his players on the field. It's his job to mold them, discipline them, praise them, put the fear of God in them, whatever each individual player needs. When they behave poorly it reflects on him.

What we saw at the end of the game was not only stupid and undisciplined, it was embarrassing. You better believe that reflects on Marvin.

Most telling was his comments after the game. Showed no emotion, no anger, no disappointment. All he did was sidestep the question. At the very least he could have owned up to the fact that it was a disappointment on some level. He could have taken some blame or showed some anger about what had transpired. But no, nothing. No wonder the guys probably won't hold themselves accountable. The coach certainly doesn't.

6.) The Burfict was a bs play. On him, not the ref. Take you orange tinted glass off. It was clearly an incomplete pass. He got their a full second late and purposefully lowered his shoulder. Did he mean to hit the head? I don't know and it really doesn't matter. Intent has nothing to do with whether that gets flagged.

Remember, this is a guy who just last week claimed that the refs were targeting him. Does that seem like a smart( or even sane) play to make late in the game, if he truly believed that?

7.) The last minute and half you should tell everything you need to know.

Who celebrates with a minute thirty left? Who celebrates in the tunnel at all before the final whistle? Bush league. Bad sportsmanship. STUPID.

Hill should have been reminded about a million times not to anything other than hold on to ball. You can't have mental mistakes like that. Two hands. Don't try for risky extra yardage. Stay in bounds. All simple advice for that scenario. When he performs badly Marvin performs badly.

Stupid penalty, followed by stupid penalty. Who loses that way? Have you ever seen a weirder final minute to a game?

What a ***** joke.

8.) To whoever cheered Ben's injury or threw trash on a player getting carted off: Get help. Seriously.

It's a game. It's entertainment. Please do some soul searching and try to figure out why you're such a piece of shit that takes this sport so seriously that you applaud injuries.

Disgusting display. Embarrassing for the many great fans of this city.

9.) If you're still on board with Marvin after this you need your head examined.

10.) Believe or not, I will somehow be more pissed if they promote Paulie G than keep Marvin. I do not want Marvin, but if they finally, FINALLY move on, only to promote from within, it will show they have learned absolutely nothing.

Blow up the whole staff. I'm sure they won't though. I'm also not sure I have anything left to give this team in terms of support. I'm all but done. The theme of the night for me, for so many reasons, is embarrassment. Disappointing went out the window awhile ago. This was embarrassing, especially after the promise that was the 8-0 start.

One big ***** joke this team is. **** them.
Reply/Quote
Bring in someone like Tom Coughlin - a disciplinarian.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm with ya. I agree on every single bullet. Rock On
Reply/Quote
This team needs a change of leadership.....Marvin must go, but Mike Brown is too inept to do what is so glaringly necessary to take a his team to the next level. Mike Brown is more concerned about hurting his good buddy Marvin's feelings.
Reply/Quote
Looking back..

I loved the way we responded to all the negative plays early on.
We held them to field goals.
We bounced back.
We willed ourselves into a great position to win.
We made clutch plays.
The other team just got in our heads.

Is it all on the coach?
Did the refs let the game go too far?
I don't know.
We could have played better though.
Reply/Quote
The refs tried to control the players from getting out of hand (with flags). They also miscall some penalties and allow others to occur (comon, why affect the outcome of the game?). 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote