1) Joe Burrow-QB- LSU

2) Isaiah Wilson- RT - Georgia

3) Troy Dye-LB- Oregon

4) Tyler Johnson- WR- Minnesota

5) Willie Gay- LB- Mississippi State

6) Antoine Brooks- S- Maryland

7) Ben Bredeson- OG- Michigan
Reply/Quote
Umm this would be epic because we would be getting a 2nd round OG in the seventh
Reply/Quote
Would love this, great job Schroomy. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 09:37 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Umm this would be epic because we would be getting a 2nd round OG in the seventh

Well, the Bengals did get a 1st round LBer as an undrafted college free agent so stranger things have happened.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 11:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, the Bengals did get a 1st round LBer as an undrafted college free agent so stranger things have happened.

The Draft is crazy man, you never know how it will play out. No one does. 

Every year we do these Mocks and there are always dudes saying, NO WAY DOES THIS GUY MAKE IT TO THIS ROUND!!!

Then it happens. Time after time it happens.

Then guys get Drafted late or go undrafted that you thought were sure first round picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 11:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, the Bengals did get a 1st round LBer as an undrafted college free agent so stranger things have happened.

Hahahahahahahahahha you can’t be seriously comparing burfict and his million red flags from ASU to be Bredeson??? Or are you? If so that’s fine it just will tell me to not take what u say seriously...
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 11:28 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hahahahahahahahahha you can’t be seriously comparing burfict and his million red flags from ASU to be Bredeson??? Or are you? If so that’s fine it just will tell me to not take what u say seriously...

Are you feeling okay? Do you need a mulligan? Because that feels like you just mailed it it. You didn’t even tell me to get bent after touting your scouting ability as a former D1 baller. Try again.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 03:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Are you feeling okay? Do you need a mulligan? Because that feels like you just mailed it it. You didn’t even tell me to get bent after touting your scouting ability as a former D1 baller. Try again.

Lol Wouldn’t consider myself a d1 “baller” but I did play d1. There’s just a Big difference between “D1 baller” and playing D1. Kinda like Bredeson and burfict... huge difference. But I didn’t compare them lol u did
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 06:10 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lol Wouldn’t consider myself a d1 “baller” but I did play d1. There’s just a Big difference between “D1 baller” and playing D1. Kinda like Bredeson and burfict... huge difference. But I didn’t compare them lol u did

But, I didn’t compare them. I noted draft stock changes. Before the combine Burfict was still considered a potential first rounder despite the personal fouls at ASU. But, after he tested positive for marijuana, ran the slowest 40 time for linebackers, and got injured at the combine he was considered a 7th rounder at best.

Remember Da’quan Bowers? Probably not. At this point before the combine he was considered to be the first overall pick. He went 51.

People here thought Jawaan Taylor would be off the board by the time the Bengals picked Jonah Williams. He went 35.

I’m not comparing those players to Bredeson, either. But, what I am pointing out is that circumstances change. Especially after the combine and pro days.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 11:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: But, I didn’t compare them. I noted draft stock changes. Before the combine Burfict was still considered a potential first rounder despite the personal fouls at ASU. But, after he tested positive for marijuana, ran the slowest 40 time for linebackers, and got injured at the combine he was considered a 7th rounder at best.

Remember Da’quan Bowers? Probably not. At this point before the combine he was considered to be the first overall pick. He went 51.

People here thought Jawaan Taylor would be off the board by the time the Bengals picked Jonah Williams. He went 35.

I’m not comparing those players to Bredeson, either. But, what I am pointing out is that circumstances change. Especially after the combine and pro days.

Course I remember bowers and if I remember correctly he busted at Tampa. And I understand what ur saying about burfict and what he did at the combine but he was only a 1st rounder cuz of talent due to his off field issues he was already off peoples boards even before the combine then it was cemented with his horrible performance in Indy. In addition when u talk about Jawan Taylor slipping to round 2 and bowers falling to round two that is completely different than one of the top guards in the draft falling to the 7th round without any off field issues and most importantly prior to the combine, which was ur reasoning for burfict falling to undrafted.
Also I want to make a point in saying your draft is stockpiled with players I love even Bredeson I just don’t know how in the hell one of the best guards in the draft is gonna slip through 31 other teams 6 straight rounds.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 02:12 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Course I remember bowers and if I remember correctly he busted at Tampa. And I understand what ur saying about burfict and what he did at the combine but he was only a 1st rounder cuz of talent due to his off field issues he was already off peoples boards even before the combine then it was cemented with his horrible performance in Indy. In addition when u talk about Jawan Taylor slipping to round 2 and bowers falling to round two that is completely different than one of the top guards in the draft falling to the 7th round without any off field issues and most importantly prior to the combine, which was ur reasoning for burfict falling to undrafted.
Also I want to make a point in saying your draft is stockpiled with players I love even Bredeson I just don’t know how in the hell one of the best guards in the draft is gonna slip through 31 other teams 6 straight rounds.

Burfict was still on most boards before his terrible performance in the combine drills and testing positive for marijuana. So at this stage of the draft he was still considered draftable.

Bowers and Taylor were still considered first round talents until after their physicals at the combine revealed medical red flags. They didn’t slip because of talent concerns.

However, Geno Atkins shouldn’t have slipped to the 4th. George Kittle shouldn’t have slipped to the 5th. Tom Brady shouldn’t have slipped to the 6th. And T.J. Houshmandzadeh shouldn’t have slipped to the 7th. Just players without injury or off field issues that the experts were wrong about their talent.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 04:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Burfict was still on most boards before his terrible performance in the combine drills and testing positive for marijuana. So at this stage of the draft he was still considered draftable.

Bowers and Taylor were still considered first round talents until after their physicals at the combine revealed medical red flags. They didn’t slip because of talent concerns.

However, Geno Atkins shouldn’t have slipped to the 4th. George Kittle shouldn’t have slipped to the 5th. Tom Brady shouldn’t have slipped to the 6th. And T.J. Houshmandzadeh shouldn’t have slipped to the 7th. Just players without injury or off field issues that the experts were wrong about their talent.

But now ur moving the goal post all those guys u mentioned shouldn’t have slipped based on what they have now done in the league. I’m simply saying based on Bredeson scouting and performance in college he is a top guard and there’s no way in hell he slips to the 7th. Also I can tell you right now Jacksonville was taking jawan taylor at 7 if josh Allen didn’t fall. It was clear as day and toni Boselli had said it was already etched in stone that’s who they wanted at 7 until Allen fell to them. So if Allen doesn’t fall Taylor is a top 10 pick and he played like it this year Taylor looked impressive.
We can back n fourth about burfict or the topic it’s self all day but in the end i love the mock and the players u have I simply just don’t see how a top guard in the draft is going to slip not to the 3rd round 4th round 5th round or 6th round but to the very final round in the 7th.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 05:21 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: But now ur moving the goal post all those guys u mentioned shouldn’t have slipped based on what they have now done in the league. I’m simply saying based on Bredeson scouting and performance in college he is a top guard and there’s no way in hell he slips to the 7th. Also I can tell you right now Jacksonville was taking jawan taylor at 7 if josh Allen didn’t fall. It was clear as day and toni Boselli had said it was already etched in stone that’s who they wanted at 7 until Allen fell to them. So if Allen doesn’t fall Taylor is a top 10 pick and he played like it this year Taylor looked impressive.
We can back n fourth about burfict or the topic it’s self all day but in the end i love the mock and the players u have I simply just don’t see how a top guard in the draft is going to slip not to the 3rd round 4th round 5th round or 6th round but to the very final round in the 7th.

La’el Collins sends his regards.

The entire purpose of scouting is to evaluate the player’s talent and project how they will produce at the next level vs. NFL talent and coaching. Geno Atkins didn’t suddenly get better in the NFL. Jamarcus Russell didn’t suddenly get worse. The evaluations were wrong. We know the evaluations were wrong because of what they have done in the league. If it wasn’t about that then players would be drafted based upon stats and Colt Brennan would have went first overall instead of in the sixth round. This has taken a turn for the absurd.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 06:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: La’el Collins sends his regards.

The entire purpose of scouting is to evaluate the player’s talent and project how they will produce at the next level vs. NFL talent and coaching. Geno Atkins didn’t suddenly get better in the NFL. Jamarcus Russell didn’t suddenly get worse. The evaluations were wrong. We know the evaluations were wrong because of what they have done in the league. If it wasn’t about that then players would be drafted based upon stats and Colt Brennan would have went first overall instead of in the sixth round. This has taken a turn for the absurd.

Sometimes giving a young jackass millions of dollars goes bad.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 06:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: La’el Collins sends his regards.

You can try and use any example or justify it any way for no reason what so ever is Ben Bredeson gonna go even close to the 7th. No way no how regardless of how hard u try and convince urself and others. On to the next.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 12:25 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: You can try and use any example or justify it any way for no reason what so ever is Ben Bredeson gonna go even close to the 7th. No way no how regardless of how hard u try and convince urself and others. On to the next.

Well, sure, if we ignore all the examples of players slipping in the draft then, yeah, players never slip in the draft. Whatever their projection is in February is exactly what happens during the draft in April.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 12:25 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: You can try and use any example or justify it any way for no reason what so ever is Ben Bredeson gonna go even close to the 7th.  No way no how regardless of how hard u try and convince urself and others.  On to the next.

People say this every year and their players that they love fall in the Draft to the 7th round or go undrafted....

No matter how hard you try to convince yourself otherwise, this is true.
Reply/Quote