Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Super Bowl Experience
My experience,

We left our home at 1230 a little late well we have 3 little ones we had to settle down before we left took uber to the game which was about 40 miles away . Los Angeles looks like a 3rd world country which I was I only visit every few years . The stadium was packed with Bengal fans chanting Who Dey all day long. Starting drinking as we walked into the stadium n toured it when we finally sat down we sat next to an annoying Ram fan who weighed 150lbs n was talking shit though out the game. I had a Bengals fan to my left he was knowledgeable as well so that was cool. After the pick in the 3rd quarter I told the wife if we get 7 points here we got this . Fml downhill from there . After the loss the Bengal fans rushed out of there asap pretty damn quiet, I was pretty damn angry so I was kinda loud in my disapproval of the refs . Took us 2 hours to find an uber and get out of the traffic jam. Rams fans have to be the most annoying in the world . They shouted n yelled in their beat up rides trying to instigate as they drove by. We had a great time minus the Rams fans n the result of the game. Still fill bad for the city of Cincinnati n the players but I'm sure we will be back soon. I'm definitely visiting Cincinnati this year and hopefully get to meet some of you since I missed all the pre Superbowl parties
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Weird. Can you see them now? 

Yes I see them now.  Looks so fun and cool.  Again I'm glad you got to experience it.   I'm jealous.  :)

But for your AB picture it actually looks like he was trying to take a picture of his ring. So maybe it was on purpose, haha.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Weird. Can you see them now? 

I see them now. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Thanks to those who went for sharing your pics and experiences.
I tried to warn you about LA! It’s a crap hole. I live about 50 miles from there and we only go that way if we “have” to (concert or event)

Rams fans seemed obnoxious because there are very few real Rams or Chargers fans. Just a bunch of jackasses who come out when the teams are doing good.
Reply/Quote
Just got off the phone with my son who went to the game and had a special invite to the Bengals after party. He hung out some with Joe Mixon. The 4th and 1 play was a pass to Chase and the route they ran had been set up for that game. They knew Chase would be open and in fact it twisted Ramsey around and he fell. They knew they’d score on it. It happened perfectly except of course for the protection.

He said the half time was great but the sound not so much. He said SoFi stadium unbelievable and really organized
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 08:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just got off the phone with my son who went to the game and had a special invite to the Bengals after party. He hung out some with Joe Mixon. The 4th and 1 play was a pass to Chase and the route they ran had been set up for that game. They knew Chase would be open and in fact it twisted Ramsey around and he fell. They knew they’d score on it. It happened perfectly except of course for the protection.

He said the half time was great but the sound not so much. He said SoFi stadium unbelievable and really organized

Makes sense. They had that play. Wish they ran that play on 2nd or 3rd down.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 09:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Makes sense. They had that play. Wish they ran that play on 2nd or 3rd down.

Except the other plays the two were double covered. Had to be 4 & 1 to get both single covered.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 09:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Except the other plays the two were double covered. Had to be 4 & 1 to get both single covered.

Looks like no one covered CJ on the top of the screen too.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for sharing your Super Bowl experiences. I went to Super Bowl XLI in 2007 at Miami. The entire second half was a downpour. Peyton Manning was the MVP for the Colts. Prince did a good halftime show. It was on my bucket list. Would have loved seeing the Bengals.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 09:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Looks like no one covered CJ on the top of the screen too.

I know you are just discussing the game but it kills me whenever I hear or read about Chase being wide open for the SB winning TD. That aerial picture of the play is one I wish I had never seen. Every time I start to think I’m over it…
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your experience was similar to mine. We arrived late Thursday night, they screwed up our rental car so extra hour to get it sorted out. Drove from airport to Hollywood to our hotel. Our hotel was awesome. Mist friendly people, service was outstanding. We noticed on drive LA is a bit of a shit hole, not impressive.

We went to the convention center on Friday. It was a great experience, tailored for  the younger 50 and under crowd, but we enjoyed it. My wife and I are to old to run obstacle course, but was fun watching others enjoying the moment.

The game was the highlight once we got to to the stadium. We got to our shuttle area at 9:30, but for some reason first shuttle did not depart for stadium until 11 a.m. It took us 1;15 to get to the stadium, so made us late for our V.I.P. party which started at 11;30. BY the time we got through security and did long walk to the area, it was already 1:00. Very poor system of getting people to the stadium.

The game was great, awesome stadium, we had great seats 5 rows up in the endzone, Bates interception was right in front of us. The LA fans was mostly cordial (we had a lot of Bengals fans around us, until the won. Then they got ugly. No class, we congratulated them and left the stadium.

We go to get on our shuttle and we ask the people handling our purple shutter which bus for us? They put us on the wrong bus, then again a mess getting out of stadium and we had a loaded Bengals bus and fans were coming up to the windows yelling and using hand gestures, it was like 200 people and crazy. We finally get to the garage to find out wrong place, option was shuttle back or call Uber. WE called Uber and they cancelled 3 times when they were within minutes. Finally one came and we had an easy drive back to Hollywood, but left stadium around 7, arrived at hotel at 10:30.

The Super Bowl was a great experience, but the city and state they chose ruined it for us. In my opinion a very crappy big city with state mandates that should have been lifted by this game. The biggest issue I ill write to Goodell was why he chose a site with little to no stadium parking. Did he ride one of those shuttles on a game day prior to awarding this city the game.

As for the game, a great game. A huge holding call against Wilson was called, it was in front of us and I did not see it. No call and it is 4th and 10 and who knows. Bengals defense was great, they were sticking people all day. The offense had a bad performance, the OL was horrible in short yardage runs and allowed Burrow to be pressured more than any QB ever in the Super Bowl. Our OL win rate was the worst in Super Bowel history.

Can we get back, it is always a grind, but the Rams went all in and it paid off. WE have to get a quality RG (main priority in my opinion to be able  to run up the middle in short yardage and give Joe a clean pocket up the middle, then a proven vet at RT, proven  they are a great pass protector.

All in all, great experience and as I have said all along, I enjoyed the journey. I am happy for Whittworth and Stafford.

Dude, the only thing that sounded similar in those 2 experiences is you both went to the game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote