Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Take On Bengals Loss To Steelers.
I've seen threads saying Bengals got their butts pounded, which isn't true. I've seen threads whining and crying. Other threads asking the moon and stars who is to blame. So I'm going to tell you what I saw. I saw a close hard fought game. Dalton moved Bengals down the field in last minutes to score touchdown. Big Ben got the ball back and was moving Steelers into game winning field goal range just like last year, except star Antonio Brown took it to the house. Now this happens in NFL. 2 good quarterbacks go back and forth at end of game. Big Ben to Antonio Brown was much like Joe Montana to Jerry Rice, and probably going to Hall Of Fame. It hurts if you're a Bengals Fan, but these are pretty good players that got us. It was a good hard fought game. What are you going to do, tell Mixon not to go in for the touchdown ? So it was a good hard fought game and Dalton made game winning drive but Big Ben then made game winning drive. That happens in the NFL. Also in NFL you need short term memory. Bengals need to forget this game and move on to a tough game at Kansas City. That Chiefs / Patriots game was 40 to 40 type game, and Chiefs/ Bengals could be another high scoring game. Bengals are still in First Place. If they beat Chiefs and go to 5-2, that's a big win and a good record. The AFC North has their hands full with NFC South and AFC West this year, a lot of tough quarterbacks. Chiefs would be a big win. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Get out of here with your measured thoughtful post.
Reply/Quote
Do you know what I see? No paragraphs.....
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 04:40 AM)kevin Wrote: I've seen threads saying Bengals got their butts pounded, which isn't true.  I've seen threads whining and crying. Other threads asking the moon and stars who is to blame.  So I'm going to tell you what I saw. I saw a close hard    
 fought game.

Dalton moved Bengals down the field in last minutes to score touchdown.  Big Ben got the ball back and was moving Steelers into game winning field goal range just like last year, except star Antonio Brown took it to the house.

Now this happens in NFL. 2 good quarterbacks go back and forth at end of game.  Big Ben to Antonio Brown was much like Joe Montana to Jerry Rice, and probably going to Hall Of Fame.  It hurts if you're a Bengals Fan, but these are pretty good players that got us..

It was a good hard fought game,  What are you going to do?? tell Mixon not to go in for the touchdown ?   So it was a good hard fought game and Dalton made game winning drive but Big Ben then made game winning drive. That happens in the NFL.

Also in NFL you need short term memory.  Bengals need to forget this game and move on to a tough game at Kansas City. That Chiefs / Patriots game was 40 to 40 type game, and Chiefs/ Bengals could be another high scoring game.

Bengals are still in First Place. If they beat Chiefs and go to 5-2, that's a big win and a good record. The AFC North has their hands full with NFC South and AFC West this year, a lot of tough quarterbacks.  Chiefs would be a big win. GO BENGALS.
Reply/Quote
Heres what I saw which will tell you the distance between the teams are now for the moment.
Vontaze Burfict is trying to lower the killshot on AB. He knocks out Bates and AB.Nothing accomplished.
meanwhile Conner bulldozes Williams and Vontaze. 1st down. sets a tone.
Reply/Quote
Part of me says Steelers and Bengals games are always hard-fought and come down to the wire and could go either way. Then part of me wonders how we can be so close to winning, yet lose 7 in a row.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Part of me says Steelers and Bengals games are always hard-fought and come down to the wire and could go either way.  Then part of me wonders how we can be so close to winning, yet lose 7 in a row.

Big Ben...

As much as I hate him he gets it done....   This one came down to who had the ball last...   And we already know 1:18 is too much time for them.

could have been different if we generated any sort of pressure.... 4 man rush wasn't getting there I didn't noticed if we blitz a lot but it sure didn't seem that way as been had all day every play it seems....

Still believe Geno was Held not holding on that play which could have flipped the score a bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Big Ben...

As much as I hate him he gets it done....   This one came down to who had the ball last...   And we already know 1:18 is too much time for them.

He didn't have enough time to beat anyone else in the division yet this year.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He didn't have enough time to beat anyone else in the division yet this year.  

well we gave him all day in the pocket.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we gave him all day in the pocket.

And then sent the house and left AB open for the game winner, right?  Sigh, such is life!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 04:40 AM)kevin Wrote: I've seen threads saying Bengals got their butts pounded, which isn't true.  I've seen threads whining and crying. Other threads asking the moon and stars who is to blame.  So I'm going to tell you what I saw. I saw a close hard fought game.  Dalton moved Bengals down the field in last minutes to score touchdown.  Big Ben got the ball back and was moving Steelers into game winning field goal range just like last year, except star Antonio Brown took it to the house.  Now this happens in NFL. 2 good quarterbacks go back and forth at end of game.  Big Ben to Antonio Brown was much like Joe Montana to Jerry Rice, and probably going to Hall Of Fame.  It hurts if you're a Bengals Fan, but these are pretty good players that got us.  It was a good hard fought game.  What are you going to do, tell Mixon not to go in for the touchdown ?   So it was a good hard fought game and Dalton made game winning drive but Big Ben then made game winning drive. That happens in the NFL.   Also in NFL you need short term memory.  Bengals need to forget this game and move on to a tough game at Kansas City. That Chiefs / Patriots game was 40 to 40 type game, and Chiefs/ Bengals could be another high scoring game.  Bengals are still in First Place. If they beat Chiefs and go to 5-2, that's a big win and a good record. The AFC North has their hands full with NFC South and AFC West this year, a lot of tough quarterbacks.  Chiefs would be a big win. GO BENGALS.

Really dude. Give me a break. I can come up with a plethora of options and not a single one would involve telling mixon not to score a td there.  :paul:
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we gave him all day in the pocket.

I'm pretty sure he had time to drive over to Oxford, do a few keg stands, get frisky, and pick up a chili dog before completing his passes.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote