Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Thoughts On The Trump Acceptance Speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj9M34DzAKo&spfreload=10

President Greg Stillson
I watched for a while, then lost interest and left it on in the background.

Pretty uninspiring. Lots of yelling. I don't care for "shit all over the state of the union" approach, it's divisive....but it's effective.

And between him and Ivanka, I thought it was interesting the way they put a Republican spin on a few long-run Democratic planks.
--------------------------------------------------------

I didn't watch it and will read the transcript tomorrow maybe but I can pretty much guess what was said.

"Rah rah sis boom bah" like in all of these types of speeches. They are nothing more than preaching to the choir on a Wednesday Night when the Pastor is out of town. Some of you know what I'm talking about and those who don't get the gist of what I'm saying.

"Clinton is a criminal"

"Make America great"

"Democrats hate working class families"

"Capitalism"

"Military"

I'm sure there's more and at this time next week, Hillary will say the exact same speech but change her name to Trump and Democrat to Republican.

To explain "Preaching to the choir on a Wednesday night when the Pastor is out of town" means that the core of a church shows up on Wednesday nights and when the Pastor is out of town, that's when the true core shows up. These are the people who teach, greet, go out and knock on doors, clean, do maintenance and so on. The true core of the church shows up on Wednesday night when the Pastor isn't there.
(07-22-2016, 03:02 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'm sure there's more and at this time next week, Hillary will say the exact same speech but change her name to Trump and Democrat to Republican.

Bingo.

But what was interesting is Trump knee-capped (hijacked) a couple of major Dem pillars the past several elections.

Trump was very negative, overall.  We've definitely hit a low point from the [perceived] high point of Obama back in 2008.  Sad fact is Democrats pitted people against each other....and Trump might be a little better at exploiting that.
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-22-2016, 01:40 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I watched for a while, then lost interest and left it on in the background.

Pretty uninspiring.  Lots of yelling.  I don't care for "shit all over the state of the union" approach, it's divisive....but it's effective.

And between him and Ivanka, I thought it was interesting the way they put a Republican spin on a few long-run Democratic planks.

They were talking about this on the radio today (I haven't heard the speech yet).

Basically they were saying his daughter spoke as if Trump was running on a completely different platform than he has been?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I thought he sounded and looked a lot like Mussolini. The speech was very heavy on words like "I", "believe me", and everything he promised is gonna happen "fast"
There was a lot of unintelligible chants, but "build the wall" made a couple of appearances
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-22-2016, 10:57 AM)jason Wrote: I thought he sounded and looked a lot like Mussolini. The speech was very heavy on words like "I", "believe me", and everything he promised is gonna happen "fast"
There was a lot of unintelligible chants, but "build the wall" made a couple of appearances

I saw something about a Russian (I think) saying he has been hearing speeches like that for the past 15 years, and they don't sound any better in Russian or English.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I read the transcript, and also did some fact checking myself.
I think Politico has been brought out or something. They are saying that his speech is mostly full of lies.

ISIS was formed in 2013, not 2004 as Politico claims.

Trump Lie: President Obama has doubled our national debt to more than $19 trillion, and growing.
When Obama took office the National Debt was $10.8 trillion.
Today’s Federal Debt is about $19,437,511,564,000.
Close enough to double to me and over 19 Trillion.

That's just a couple. I don't have time to research them all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-22-2016, 02:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I read the transcript, and also did some fact checking myself.
I think Politico has been brought out or something. They are saying that his speech is mostly full of lies.

Trump Lie: President Obama has doubled our national debt to more than $19 trillion, and growing.
When Obama took office the National Debt was $10.8 trillion.
Today’s Federal Debt is about $19,437,511,564,000.
Close enough to double to me and over 19 Trillion.

That's just a couple. I don't have time to research them all.

After more research.
The crime rates he talked about were on point as well.

Not only that, but it has been discovered in the Wikileaks emails, that a Politico Writer has been sending his stories to the DNC for approval before sending them to his editor. That would explain why I felt that they were no longer being neutral.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-22-2016, 08:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: They were talking about this on the radio today (I haven't heard the speech yet).

Basically they were saying his daughter spoke as if Trump was running on a completely different platform than he has been?

Maybe that was the plan all along, to come with the crazy to make the Dem's feel like they had it in the bag and then switch strategies on 'em.  It Trump can behave with some sanity, this will be a close race.  This was the chance for an outsider to take down the ruling party.  But he just couldn't resist being himself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-22-2016, 02:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I read the transcript, and also did some fact checking myself.

ISIS was formed before 2004. The have just renamed themselves as they have evolved. It's like a military unit getting reflagged. Same unit, just a different name. 

If a source stated ISIS was formed in 2013, you need to ignore that source because they have no idea what they are talking about. 
(07-27-2016, 06:13 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe that was the plan all along, to come with the crazy to make the Dem's feel like they had it in the bag and then switch strategies on 'em.  It Trump can behave with some sanity, this will be a close race.  This was the chance for an outsider to take down the ruling party.  But he just couldn't resist being himself.

Well that's clearly not going to happen.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.