Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Trip To NYC
Went to NYC on Friday and came back last night.

We were going to go to the Syracuse-Notre Dame game and then maybe take a train to the Bengals game in Baltimore on Sunday but ended up not doing either one.

New York City is unreal. It exceeded my wildest imaginations.

We went to the 9/11 memorial and that's incredible.

It's been so long that I didn't think I'd feel anything and I felt kind of guilty about it. I have cried maybe 3 or 4 times since the wreck, so that made me feel even worse that I knew I wouldn't cry, but we got in the memorial, we were watching the memorial video of the victims, my cousin's came on, and I completely broke down. I cried like I've never cried before.

If anyone ever has a chance to go, I HIGHLY recommend it.
Reply/Quote
Everyone should see NYC.

I highly recommend that you either go with someone who has lived there or is very familiar with the city. It can be very frustrating if you don't know how to get around and when to go where.
Reply/Quote
Fred’s advice is good. NYC is one of maybe 6 or so cities in the world that are in their own league. I always s think of NY, Paris, Tokyo, London, Hong Kong. Places like Prague and Cairo seem really cool too.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 11:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Fred’s advice is good. NYC is one of maybe 6 or so cities in the world that are in their own league. I always s think of NY, Paris, Tokyo, London, Hong Kong. Places like Prague and Cairo seem really cool too.

I've been to all those cities. Big fan of Prague and not a fan of Paris. Funny story about Hong Kong, I and 2 other other guys went to Hong Kong on leave once, beautiful city, and we decided to go across to Kowloon(sp?), it was about evening time and we are walking down the sidewalk. Suddenly bullets start flying from a bank robbery! We jumped behind a car and my friend just started laughing! He said, we get shot at, at work and now vacation! 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I've been to all those cities. Big fan of Prague and not a fan of Paris. Funny story about Hong Kong, I and 2 other other guys went to Hong Kong on leave once, beautiful city, and we decided to go across to Kowloon(sp?), it was about evening time and we are walking down the sidewalk. Suddenly bullets start flying from a bank robbery! We jumped behind a car and my friend just started laughing! He said, we get shot at, at work and now vacation! 

What no "15:17 to Paris"?  LOL  Funny how you guys can jump behind a car and laugh though.  The equivalent to me getting a work email in the evening.  'Dammit don't they know I'm not at work anymore?"
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What no "15:17 to Paris"?  LOL  Funny how you guys can jump behind a car and laugh though.  The equivalent to me getting a work email in the evening.  'Dammit don't they know I'm not at work anymore?"

Paris was in 1992, I was excited to go! Lots of history and beautiful buildings, but the people were very rude and uppity! Also found out I don't like French food...  
Reply/Quote