Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Undefeated Bengals Game Attendance Streak Over
Tonight (last night, or the Texans game) marks my 10th game at Paul Brown Stadium. All 10 games have something notably different, with my favorite probably being the famous victory over the Baltimore Ravens in 2004 where it rained, poured on Monday Night Football.

This game was a bit different, in more ways than one. Last year I only attended one game, the Eagles game. Where a bruised Bengals team, that was in the middle of the road, played without a lot of talent and blew out the Eagles. It was a great game to watch, one with high spirits, hopes and happiness despite our season disappointment.

I went into the Houston game with hope and optimism. We are ONLY two games into the season (and after tonight, being 0-2, we are still ONLY TWO GAMES in), but I had hope things could turn around. On paper this team is extremely good, and eventually things will mesh. That ONE drive, that ONE play will change something. Dalton will look at Green, and be like, Game time...Marvin will make a good choice, a play and things will change. I had hope, and I also had the hand of my wife to coax me through the game.

Unfortunately, of all the Bengals games I've attended across the Palmer/Dalton regime...this one was different. From the onset, crowds boo'd against Dalton. Dalton had just walked on the field, and was getting boo'd. DeShaun Watson's incredible scamper? Dalton was boo'd for that too. Some of Dalton's great plays on the run? He was boo'd for as well. It was a debate I got into with so many of the fans, especially when Dalton was running for his life...What did you want him to do? Get destroyed by JJ Watt?

Even more so, it was the energy of the team. I guess I can say the defense might be the exception, but even then, it felt 'different'. I played left tackle for 8 years, and went through two-a-days, practices, mini camps...the feeling in the air, you could tell, this is going to be a good year. The last year I played, it felt off...and it was off. Ultimately, watching the Bengals play tonight brought me back to my final season of Football. A 5-5 season, where we were ultimately disappointing. We played lifeless, flat and without any pulse...the only spark came from individual performances. It wasn't a team, but it was one man, holding the line, hoping someone would do the same(Geno, AJ Green).

I'm not saying my Bengals are done. Things happen wildly in a season, and from what I gathered at the games, most are done. The only thing I'd like to see changed immediately is Zampese. We have won with Marvin. But I don't see us winning with Zampese (Since taking over last season, our offense has been terrible). The man literally ran 3 runs in a row, before we punted. I don't see a good use of our talent, and Houston had predictability glasses on, much like the Baltimore Ravens.

I'm disappointed...and I'm starting to think this run, this run might be over. It's not the way I wanted to end. Maybe another loss in the playoffs, maybe one and done in the playoffs...but to be dismantled...like this? It's horrific.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Yikes.. agree!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry you had to witness it in person.
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed the time with my wife...the experience was definitely different. I'd say the best word is 'hollow'

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote