Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My WR Rankings..
Opinions may vary but this my top 5 (7) receivers list of who I think are the best receivers in the draft class. I've watched a few hours of film these receivers and have come to the conclusion this.

My WR Rankings:
1. Josh Doctson
Great range, amazing hands, and decent route running. I liked his ability to make hard catches and also have a larger range than credited.
2. Laquon Treadwell
Someone who could remind you of a bigger and a bit smaller A.J. Green. I also thought his range was nice and he had decent hands and ok route running. He won't beat you with speed but his ability to win with height, range (like A.J.) and strength.
3. Sterling Shepard
One of my favorite players from the draft, from what I watched, he mostly lined up in the slot. I thought he looked very fluent and everything seemed amazing about him. I would've had ashim higher if he were to be lined up on the outside more. He has potential to be the best slot receiver in the game.
4. Michael Thomas
Someone who when I first watched highlights, didn't like much at all. After watching more tape, I liked how he was able to beat with his strength and great route running. He also has good hands and seemed reliable, not a speed guy but more of a Anquan Boldin type receiver.
5. Corey Coleman
When watching Corey Coleman's tape, I saw that he ran only a few routes. He ran a lot of streaks, post, etc. He has average hands at best and has speed. He relies on his speed to win matches and run past DBs. I do like his potential though, to be like a Antonio Brown type.

6. Tyler Boyd
7. Will Fuller
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Nice work, I really like your rankings and it's nice to see someone besides me isn't crazy blind to colemans flaws. He is not the best WR in this class that is for sure but a lot of people seem to think he is.

As a buckeye fan I was originally not a huge fan of us drafting Thomas but the more I think back the more I like the idea. I would add to your traits for him that he has great footwork and is terrific working the sidelines and using his big body to box defenders out. I wish he had more speed, but I'm slowly accepting the fact that we can't have it both ways in this draft, size and speed don't mix with this group.

Doctson is my favorite because he's got just enough speed and good size. Great at 50/50 balls too, I think he is the most well rounded WR in this class.

Treadwell will be a stud too, great blocker and hands. I think anquan boldin every time I see his name. A lot of people wanted us to sign him so I'd be more than happy to draft a younger cheaper version who we would have control of for 5 years.

Also been a fan of Shepard for a long time now, kid is gonna be a steal for whichever team lands him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 09:25 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Opinions may vary but this my top 5 (7) receivers list of who I think are the best receivers in the draft class. I've watched a few hours of film these receivers and have come to the conclusion this.

My WR Rankings:
1. Josh Doctson
Great range, amazing hands, and decent route running. I liked his ability to make hard catches and also have a larger range than credited.
2. Laquon Treadwell
Someone who could remind you of a bigger and a bit smaller A.J. Green. I also thought his range was nice and he had decent hands and ok route running. He won't beat you with speed but his ability to win with height, range (like A.J.) and strength.
3. Sterling Shepard
One of my favorite players from the draft, from what I watched, he mostly lined up in the slot. I thought he looked very fluent and everything seemed amazing about him. I would've had ashim higher if he were to be lined up on the outside more. He has potential to be the best slot receiver in the game.
4. Michael Thomas
Someone who when I first watched highlights, didn't like much at all. After watching more tape, I liked how he was able to beat with his strength and great route running. He also has good hands and seemed reliable, not a speed guy but more of a Anquan Boldin type receiver.
5. Corey Coleman
When watching Corey Coleman's tape, I saw that he ran only a few routes. He ran a lot of streaks, post, etc. He has average hands at best and has speed. He relies on his speed to win matches and run past DBs. I do like his potential though, to be like a Antonio Brown type.

You forgot an amazing wr and his name is KEYARRIS GARRETT-6FT 3IN AND 220LBS.TALL,TOUGH AND FAST.
Next guy I like  is Kolby Listenbee,this guy is a winner and whoever gets him will be stoked.He is out of TCU.
Another wr I like very much is Charone Peake from Clemson.this guy is a steal at round 3.Trust me on this,I like your picks,and I am glad you did not include Fuller from Notre dame.He has small hands and only weighs 185.The first time he goes over middle in our afcn,he will be on IR rest of season.I so hope they do not take him anywhere in this draft.Too many tall,tough,fast dudes available.I want Keyarris Garrett if he is available in the second.I want ANDREW BILLINGS IN THE FIRST-DT from Baylor,he fits us perfectly and would be a huge upgrade next to Geno Atkins.This guy is a monster.He benched pressed 240lbs 34 pickin times.He is a force against the run,pass and is unmovable.Take him in the first and then go get your receiver.WHO-DEY ALL DAY!!!

6. Tyler Boyd
7. Will Fuller
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 11:44 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Nice work, I really like your rankings and it's nice to see someone besides me isn't crazy blind to colemans flaws. He is not the best WR in this class that is for sure but a lot of people seem to think he is.

As a buckeye fan I was originally not a huge fan of us drafting Thomas but the more I think back the more I like the idea. I would add to your traits for him that he has great footwork and is terrific working the sidelines and using his big body to box defenders out. I wish he had more speed, but I'm slowly accepting the fact that we can't have it both ways in this draft, size and speed don't mix with this group.

Doctson is my favorite because he's got just enough speed and good size. Great at 50/50 balls too, I think he is the most well rounded WR in this class.

Treadwell will be a stud too, great blocker and hands. I think anquan boldin every time I see his name. A lot of people wanted us to sign him so I'd be more than happy to draft a younger cheaper version who we would have control of for 5 years.

Also been a fan of Shepard for a long time now, kid is gonna be a steal for whichever team lands him.

Yeah haha, I saw some inconsistency with his hands which didn't make me too happy. I agree with everything you have said, Thomas has great footwork and route running.

Reply/Quote
Everyone says Fuller is Tedd Ginn.

I think he is more like DeSean Jackson.   I don't know that the Bengals want him, but I could see the Texans cashing in on his speed
Reply/Quote
I think we have to go DT in the first, it gives us the best value at the #24 spot, I truly believe one of your 7 WR's will be there in the 2nd round for us, as well as guys like Garriss, Peake, Miller and Listenberg. That's 11 WR's that could help us, no way are they all gone by the time #55 pick rolls around! Imagine:

1) Billings, or another big DT
2) Garriss or Miller

that's 2 bodies that could help out immediately in 2016, and we don't overreach getting either!
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 04:49 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I think we have to go DT in the first, it gives us the best value at the #24 spot, I truly believe one of your 7 WR's will be there in the 2nd round for us, as well as guys like Garriss, Peake, Miller and Listenberg. That's 11 WR's that could help us, no way are they all gone by the time #55 pick rolls around! Imagine:

2) Garriss or Miller

that's 2 bodies that could help out immediately in 2016, and we don't overreach getting either!
I could see Shepard, Braxton Miller or Tyler Boyd being there in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't mind drafting a DT, depends who though... I'd be alright with Jarran Reed, Andrew Billings, etc. Also, I'd be ecstatic if Darron Lee fell to #24.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 04:49 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I think we have to go DT in the first, it gives us the best value at the #24 spot, I truly believe one of your 7 WR's will be there in the 2nd round for us, as well as guys like Garriss, Peake, Miller and Listenberg. That's 11 WR's that could help us, no way are they all gone by the time #55 pick rolls around! Imagine:

2) Garriss or Miller

Garrett and Listenbee, but yeah.

I want us to go DT #1.

People are hating on Coleman but the dude just makes plays. What makes people think he cannot back up Lafell early
and get his route running down in the mean time? Treadwell will most likely be gone and i hope he is. Good player but
we need some speed and there are lots of questions about Treadwell that lots are ignoring.

The explosiveness and will of Coleman are why he is my #1 WR this draft. Doctson is my #2, will be very good.
Reply/Quote
I think the question for the Bengals would more likely be: Who would you draft of these "remaining" WRs in Round 2? More than likely, Doctson, Treadwell, Shepard, Coleman, and Fuller will be long gone.

I could see the following still being available:

Tyler Boyd
Braxton Miller
Charone Peake
Michael Thomas (OSU)
Pharoh Cooper

Of that group, I would be torn between Miller, Thomas, and Boyd.

I see Miller as the best athlete, with a very high ceiling. He is also extremely raw, though, and has a great deal to learn.

Michael Thomas is a complete WR, but doesn't have the top end speed to be a vertical threat. With Marvin Jones a Lion, that is a missing element.

Tyler Boyd is a very good WR, despite playing with inferior QB play.

Personally, I would probably go with Miller for his ability to get YAC and be a vertical threat. He might start out in the slot, but he could be moved to "X" after a year with Lafell outside.
Reply/Quote
Thomas is beginning to be my #1 guy. I think he suffered because of under use at OSU, with the primary focus of that offense being Zeke and running QB's.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 10:51 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Thomas is beginning to be my #1 guy. I think he suffered because of under use at OSU, with the primary focus of that offense being Zeke and running QB's.

Yeah he went from my like 8 or 9 receiver to #4.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the question for the Bengals would more likely be:  Who would you draft of these "remaining" WRs in Round 2?  More than likely, Doctson, Treadwell, Shepard, Coleman, and Fuller will be long gone.

I could see the following still being available:

Tyler Boyd
Braxton Miller
Charone Peake
Michael Thomas (OSU)
Pharoh Cooper

Of that group, I would be torn between Miller, Thomas, and Boyd.

I see Miller as the best athlete, with a very high ceiling.  He is also extremely raw, though, and has a great deal to learn.

Michael Thomas is a complete WR, but doesn't have the top end speed to be a vertical threat.  With Marvin Jones a Lion, that is a missing element.  

Tyler Boyd is a very good WR, despite playing with inferior QB play.  

Personally, I would probably go with Miller for his ability to get YAC and be a vertical threat.  He might start out in the slot, but he could be moved to "X" after a year with Lafell outside.

For the reasons you spoke of i would not be for Braxton Miller in the 2nd round. 3rd round, sure.

If Thomas is there in the 2nd you take him over Boyd and that is nothing against Boyd. Thomas is just more polished.

Would love Andrew Billings, Vernon Butler, or A'shaun Robinson in the 1st and Thomas in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
Doctson or Treadwell in the first. Maybe Coleman. Not as high on him as others. No to Fuller. Absolute no.

if not in the first...

Id be cool with Thomas, Shepard or Boyd in the second.
Reply/Quote