Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My best mock yet...I shouldn't continue, but I will
Big Grin 
I would be ecstatic if this were to happen. Covers virtually every need and has some real late round potential contributors. Thoughts?

24: R1P24
CB WILLIAM JACKSON III
HOUSTON

55: R2P24
WR STERLING SHEPARD
OKLAHOMA

87: R3P24
C NICK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME

122: R4P24
DT JAVON HARGRAVE
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

161: R5P22
DE MATT JUDON
GRAND VALLEY

199: R6P24
ILB TRAVIS FEENEY
WASHINGTON

245: R7P24
RB DEVON JOHNSON
MARSHALL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind this at all..

William Jackson III could potentially replace Pacman/Kirk (If we don't resign him). Sterling Shepard is easily one of my favorite wide receivers in the draft.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I don't see us taking another CB in the first.
Adam Jones re-up'd his contract, Fitz is going to be that much better this season, and God willing if Denard stays healthy, He's going to be a beast.
I (personally) don't see us picking up a CB in the 1st.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 10:39 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I don't see us taking another CB in the first.
Adam Jones re-up'd his contract, Fitz is going to be that much better this season, and God willing if Denard stays healthy, He's going to be a beast.

I wouldn't rule it out and wouldn't surprised one bit if we went with a CB in the first. I actually find it likely.

Kirkpatrick was bad last year, would be nice to be able to let him walk if he keeps this up.

Adam is getting older, Dennard has yet to stay healthy.

I like Shaw and CLH as backups, especially Shaw but i think it would not be a bad idea to add another early
CB in this passing league. Saves money instead of having to spend big in FA as well. Not sexy everytime but
i completely understand the thought of taking Corner early every year. Not every year but Dre has not looked
good so far. Have the hedge your bets.

To the OP, yeah, very nice mock. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Why is Shepard a 2nd rounder? I ddint follow combine bur from highlights. I like Shepard right behind doctson and treadwell
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 01:35 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Why is Shepard a 2nd rounder? I ddint follow combine bur from highlights. I like Shepard right behind doctson and treadwell

Because most have him slated as more as a slot receiver and not someone who could go outside.. I also have him as my #3 receiver. I think he could go outside and still be as effective from the slot.. Him and Green would be a nasty duo.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 01:35 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Why is Shepard a 2nd rounder? I ddint follow combine bur from highlights. I like Shepard right behind doctson and treadwell

Shepard be good. Might be underrated by some cause of what Milksheik here says...

(04-20-2016, 01:41 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Because most have him slated as more as a slot receiver and not someone who could go outside.. I also have him as my #3 receiver. I think he could go outside and still be as effective from the slot.. Him and Green would be a nasty duo.

Shepard falling to us in the 2nd would be awesome. I like Shepard better than Fuller, Boyd, Miller and even Thomas
in the 2nd. I just doubt so many teams pass on Shepard twice. Hope they do Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shepard be good. Might be underrated by some cause of what Milksheik here says...

Shepard falling to us in the 2nd would be awesome. I like Shepard better than Fuller, Boyd, Miller and even Thomas
in the 2nd. I just doubt so many teams pass on Shepard twice. Hope they do Ninja

That's what I'm saying, I jus don't see him slipping to 55. Guy just screams playmaker..
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 03:19 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: That's what I'm saying, I jus don't see him slipping to 55. Guy just screams playmaker..

Yes he does. Reminds me and many others of Antonio Brown.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 10:39 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I don't see us taking another CB in the first.

I just think the talent at CB is harder to come by than WR or many other positions and there are several guys capable of being immediate starters.

It would also help prevent a bit of what we are facing now with the WR position.  Both opted for FA, and the Bengals are left scrambling.  This would give insurance if Kirkpatrick left or if Dennard couldn't stay healthy.
Reply/Quote

I do as well.  In this mock, he was still available.  I believe some teams will pass on him because he projects largely as a slot receiver, but I think he could be so much more.  His height will also keep some teams away, but the guy has speed, change of directions, and hands of glue.  I love him.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shepard be good. Might be underrated by some cause of what Milksheik here says...

I hope the steelers draft Fuller...I see him as a potentially huge bust. 
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes he does. Reminds me and many others of Antonio Brown.

One reason he could is all the talent at DE and DT.  There are a lot of teams that will be drafting OTs and QBs in the first round.  After that Super Bowl, in a copycat league, I think a lot of teams will be loading up on defense in the early rounds except for the aforementioned QBs and OTs. 
Reply/Quote
Very good draft.
Reply/Quote
This is similar to my thoughts on what we should/could do. I can't start new threads yet, but this is what I came up with:

I did some comparisons of combine/pro day speeds and measurements of WRs currently on our roster and the top guys in the draft, and frankly none of them seemed good enough to warrant a first round pick to me. Brandon LaFell was better than most of them, and he has experience. I think he could be the #2 to Green, and Burkhead honestly could probably fulfill the slot role. I want to replace Marvin Jones and Sanu, but I don’t see that huge of a drop-off between the top WRs people talk about and guys we could get in the second round.

Round 1 – Best CB available.
My dream would be Hargreaves or Ramsey, but Eli Apple or William Jackson are more likely to be there. Our CBs are either old or relatively unproven, and you need at least 3 good ones nowadays.

Round 2 – Braxton Miller – WR or Ryan Kelly - C
Braxton is quicker and faster than Jones was, and almost as tall. He could also provide the trick-play QB duties lost with Sanu. I think Center is self-explanatory.

Round 3 – Best DT available – Probably someone like Javon Hargrave
No reasoning beyond Peko’s just getting older

Rounds 4+ I don’t really care. Charone Peake (WR) could be one to look at in round 4 or 5. Really I’m fine with just taking “most athletic” from here on out and hope to coach them up.

(Never done a mock before, but thinking of it was fun)
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2016, 02:57 PM)Alias Wrote: This is similar to my thoughts on what we should/could do.  I can't start new threads yet, but this is what I came up with:  

I did some comparisons of combine/pro day speeds and measurements of WRs currently on our roster and the top guys in the draft, and frankly none of them seemed good enough to warrant a first round pick to me.  Brandon LaFell was better than most of them, and he has experience.  I think he could be the #2 to Green, and Burkhead honestly could probably fulfill the slot role.  I want to replace Marvin Jones and Sanu, but I don’t see that huge of a drop-off between the top WRs people talk about and guys we could get in the second round.

Round 1 – Best CB available.
My dream would be Hargreaves or Ramsey, but Eli Apple or William Jackson are more likely to be there.  Our CBs are either old or relatively unproven, and you need at least 3 good ones nowadays.

Round 2 – Braxton Miller – WR or Ryan Kelly - C
Braxton is quicker and faster than Jones was, and almost as tall.  He could also provide the trick-play QB duties lost with Sanu.  I think Center is self-explanatory.

Round 3 – Best DT available – Probably someone like Javon Hargrave
No reasoning beyond Peko’s just getting older

Rounds 4+  I don’t really care.  Charone Peake (WR) could be one to look at in round 4 or 5.  Really I’m fine with just taking “most athletic” from here on out and hope to coach them up.

(Never done a mock before, but thinking of it was fun)

Very realistic and very similar to my thoughts...I might think DE in Rd 3 if there is some interesting talent there, but DT is clearly a need for the future and depth today.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 09:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hope the steelers draft Fuller...I see him as a potentially huge bust. 

Same, bad hands, not much size, doesn't run very good routes and the ones he does run are not many.

Very raw WR, all speed.

(04-20-2016, 09:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: One reason he could is all the talent at DE and DT.  There are a lot of teams that will be drafting OTs and QBs in the first round.  After that Super Bowl, in a copycat league, I think a lot of teams will be loading up on defense in the early rounds except for the aforementioned QBs and OTs. 

True and Shepard's size might make him drop. I doubt all the way to us, but hey, could happen.
Reply/Quote