Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My boring mock
1.  Ryan Kelly  C  Alabama

2.  Sterling Sheppard  WR  Oklahoma

3.  Javon Hargrave  DT  So. Carolina St.

4.  Kevin Byard  SS  Middle Tennessee

5.  Nick Kwiatkoski  OLB  WV

6.  Mike Thomas  WR  So. Miss

7.  Landon Turner  G  North Carolina
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A little narration of my reasoning for my selections:

1.  Ryan Kelly  C  Alabama  In my opinion, C is the biggest hole on the team.  Wouldn't mind if they traded back a few spots, picked up an extra 3rd or 4th.

2.  Sterling Sheppard  WR  Oklahoma  Dude can flat out ball, would really bring life to the slot position.

3.  Javon Hargrave  DT  So. Carolina St.  Gets a year to mature into a starter, as Peko plays out his contract

4.  Kevin Byard  SS  Middle Tennessee  Fluid hips, great ball skills, good open field tackler.  Special teams and sees action as season progresses.

5.  Nick Kwiatkoski  OLB  WV  Led team in tackles, tall, rangy, good in coverage, gets PDs and Ints.  Excellent tackling skills.

6.  Mike Thomas  WR  So. Miss  Hidden late round gem.  Kid is going to be good.

7.  Landon Turner  G  North Carolina  Crushing run blocker, needs coaching on body technique for pass pro.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
7 players in high on?

Not so boring to me.
Reply/Quote
Not a boring mock at all. Any frickin where, would love this.

As always i will say that i doubt Shepard falls all the way to us in the 2nd.

Much better than quite a few guys being projected in the late 1st to mid 2nd.

Like Hargrave lots, just Ridgeway better if he is there.

Love all the late round picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 10:06 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 7 players in high on?

Not so boring to me.

I like it.  Just thought many would see it boring, as I refrained on WR till the 2nd round, and intentionally ignored DE and CB. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Is a very good mock just not sure about ignoring CB.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 08:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Is a very good mock just not sure about ignoring CB.

We are strong at both DE and CB, this season.  Personally, I felt the defense needed the attention up the middle.  So, I went with DT, OLB, and SS.  As the way I see it, the draft is plentiful of CB and DE, most every year.  For my OLB and SS, I put my premium on their coverage and tackling skills.  I feel like Hargrove will be a force, so long as he gets a year to adjust to the new talent level.  I guess I could have taken a flyer on a CB in the 7th, but decided on the crushing run blocking G, with Zeitler heading into a contract year.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We are strong at both DE and CB, this season.  Personally, I felt the defense needed the attention up the middle.  So, I went with DT, OLB, and SS.  As the way I see it, the draft is plentiful of CB and DE, most every year.  For my OLB and SS, I put my premium on their coverage and tackling skills.  I feel like Hargrove will be a force, so long as he gets a year to adjust to the new talent level.  I guess I could have taken a flyer on a CB in the 7th, but decided on the crushing run blocking G, with Zeitler heading into a contract year.

I feel ya. Just never enough draft pick come draft time is there?..Just two more please!!...lol
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 08:54 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: I'd be happy

I'd be really pleased, to see the Bengals get back to their roots, so to speak.  The first player ever drafted by the Bengals was a Center.  I think it's about time to go with Center in the 1st, again.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like the players,but..one spot I'd be concerned about is #2 wr ,lefell is better in the slot,so is sheperd, so who plays the outside? Mike Thomas could do it possibly but he's a low round receiver that probably needs time.Wright or kumerow would have to get involved.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:38 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I like the players,but..one spot I'd be concerned about is #2 wr ,lefell is better in the slot,so is sheperd, so who plays the outside? Mike Thomas could do it possibly but he's a low round receiver that probably needs time.Wright or kumerow would have to get involved.

Here's the thing, you don't always need to have 3 WR on the field, when you have a TE like Eifert, and other dynamic players like Bernard and Birkhead.  This team has a lot of weapons, some of them are just under utilized.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd be ecstatic with this draft.  Ecstatic.

I LOVE the first 3 picks and I love Thomas out of So. Miss.  In fact the only guy I don't really know anything about is Byard.

I'd go to bed Saturday at peace with the world.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 04:27 PM)3wt Wrote: I'd be ecstatic with this draft.  Ecstatic.

I LOVE the first 3 picks and I love Thomas out of So. Miss.  In fact the only guy I don't really know anything about is Byard.

I'd go to bed Saturday at peace with the world.

Here's the link to his scouting report.  I'd consider him a steal.

http://http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1833003/kevin-byard

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote