Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My concerns WJack...Green...communication on D.
(09-09-2018, 08:32 PM)McC Wrote: When he dropped the sure pick, did anyone other than me think, oh, shit?

That's what he's a DB and not a WR.
Reply/Quote
I think this defense becomes lock down as soon as Burfict comes back
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Green is very concerning with his ball security. This has been growing in me over the last few years.

As for our CBs, I think my only complaint is that Dre still can't catch a ball to save his life. But he, Dennard and WJ3 all played admirably, in my opinion. Especially since they were playing against a QB who could thread the needle so amazingly (that 13 year comeback route that WJ3 missed by a hair is indicative of his arm strength).

Dennard had some clutch PDs on second and third downs as well.

We'll see how a less polished QB does against them on Thursday.
Reply/Quote
The fumble issue with Green is a problem that needs addressed he has longer arms so he cant wrap the ball up as well as a 6 foot guy can with shorter arms. But you can work on hand strength to grip the ball better from chops and punches. The guy must have a weak handshake.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:50 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: The fumble issue with Green is a problem that needs addressed he has longer arms so he cant wrap the ball up as well as a 6 foot guy can with shorter arms. But you can work on hand strength to grip the ball better from chops and punches. The guy must have a weak handshake.

..AJ Green doesn't have weak hands lol. Ball security has nothing to do with grip strength, it is an issue of putting it away. You have to get the ball high and tight and instead Green runs with it low and away...That is an issue. 
Reply/Quote
And sometimes the defense makes plays too......
Reply/Quote
I thought WJ did well on TY. He really couldn’t do anything about that slant route, and TY is really good with Luck. He could’ve done much worse to us if we didn’t have a corner like WJ.

What I’m wondering is why nobody is concerned about our LBs... I mean, the Colts would’ve killed us if they kept throwing it to them lol. Our LBs can’t cover at all.

But I think we have a solid defense overall. And offense looked pretty good to me today.
Reply/Quote
Andrew Luck is a very good QB. We held him to 6.0 yards per attempt and zero points over the last 22 minutes of the game. Not the best defensive effort by the Bengals, but nothing to panic over either. The lack of Burfict and Williams probably had a lot to do with the number of short completions.

There is no one perfect scheme that 100% shuts down an NFL offense. If you start pressing everything at the line then you are more likely to get beaten over the top.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And sometimes the defense makes plays too......

Nonsense! AJ is a bum who isn’t elite and should be benched! Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
AJ should be forced to play tug of war using his first born child against a bunch of hungry crocodiles along the banks of the Nile river. That would solve this fumbling problem. Forget the practice bubble thing when there are crocodile infested waters in several locations. I'm sure the team can afford air fare to have the team flown to and from the darkest Africa on a regular basis. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Let's not forget the bullshit roughing the passer calls that would have ended two drives.
Reply/Quote