2) Isaiah Wynn-g/t/c
3) Josey Jewell-linebacker
3) Brian O’Neill-tackle
3) mike gesicki-TE (from trade)
4) Lowell luteilei- DT
5) Riley Furguson-Qb
5) Daniel Carlson-k
Reply/Quote
My dream offseason, some random billionaire makes Mike Brown an offer he can’t refuse. Mike sells the team and we are finally rid of that man. New owner cleans house starting with Marvin.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 08:53 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: Here’s my wishes for you

Free agency

Extend Dunlop and Atkins

Re-sign: Chris smith, Andre Smith, kevin Huber

Cut: Adam Jones

Sign: Center and linebacker

Draft: first 5 rounds
1) Derwin James- safety (trade back)
2) Isaiah Wynn-g/t/c
3) Brian O’Neill-tackle
4) Lowell luteilei- DT
5) Riley Furguson-Qb
5) Daniel Carlson-k

Pretty good stuff, and I will resist the "My dream offseason includes Marv getting lost on a deserted island", etc, because it just isn't going to happen.  

I think we are pretty set at the Guard position with Redmond and Westerman, so I would go for the FA center as you mentioned and use that #2 selection (or #1 if the right player is there) for a RT prospect, and move Boling to LT.  

I think the Bengals won't weigh safety as heavily as you and go with one at #12, but stranger things have happened.  I would wager on a first round LB and a safety somewhere around the 3rd round.  They have to start realizing that Shawn Williams is a liability in coverage.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 11:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Pretty good stuff, and I will resist the "My dream offseason includes Marv getting lost on a deserted island", etc, because it just isn't going to happen.  

I think we are pretty set at the Guard position with Redmond and Westerman, so I would go for the FA center as you mentioned and use that #2 selection (or #1 if the right player is there) for a RT prospect, and move Boling to LT.  

I think the Bengals won't weigh safety as heavily as you and go with one at #12, but stranger things have happened.  I would wager on a first round LB and a safety somewhere around the 3rd round.  They have to start realizing that Shawn Williams is a liability in coverage.  

I still stand by my statement, LB in Rd1 and address our O-line in 2 and 3. None of these OT coming out scream "elite". I think the 1 position in FA where we can get better is safety. I agree Williams is horrid in coverage. 
Reply/Quote
I just don't see them signing a FA center. They have to give new deals to Atkins, Dunlap and Dennard. That is not going to leave enough to get a top quality free agent center. From what Pollack has said, he doesn't think rebuilding a line with a new center is near as easy as having a veteran center in there to rebuild around. I suspect they re-sign Bodine and they just work on making him better. I know lot's of people here will be disappointed, me included, but that's pretty much what I see happening....
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 12:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just don't see them signing a FA center. They have to give new deals to Atkins, Dunlap and Dennard. That is not going to leave enough to get a top quality free agent center. From what Pollack has said, he doesn't think rebuilding a line with a new center is near as easy as having a veteran center in there to rebuild around. I suspect they re-sign Bodine and they just work on making him better. I know lot's of people here will be disappointed, me included, but that's pretty much what I see happening....

Unless they cut the overpaid deadweight in Pacman.

Plus although have always been an MJ fan he could be released as well.  

But agree that we will be disappointed and have Bodine again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 01:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Unless they cut the overpaid deadweight in Pacman.

Plus although have always been an MJ fan he could be released as well.  

But agree that we will be disappointed and have Bodine again.

Everybody is down on MJ. I'd still like to keep him and just let him play inside. He was doing well when they moved him, he's hard for a QB to throw over,and it could get him on the field with Geno, Dunlap and Lawson/Smith/Willis on the ends. That's a pretty good pass rush and a nice rotation....
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 09:31 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: My dream offseason, some random billionaire makes Mike Brown an offer he can’t refuse. Mike sells the team and we are finally rid of that man. New owner cleans house starting with Marvin.

Year in and year out this is my dream offseason. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Do you consider a nightmare a dream? If so, my dream offseason happens about every year. This Ownership occasionally drafts some vg players, their playing time is usually mismanaged at first though. This Ownership also won’t release vets that they should to give them the extra money to snag any quality free agents. It’s the same every year but out of boredom we discuss things as if we don’t know the outcome. Are there any other teams that have their own players that are free agents this year or next that they want to keep? Will that team skip free agency to keep those players? No, they will cut where they are wasting money and spend that money on a player with potential and a good track record. The Bengals will keep their sucky vets and sign has been or never was third tier players. That philosophy coupled with sitting draft pics for too long behind turd players is the main part of why the team is mismanaged. Throw in a Coach that can’t in game manage or manage the clock, that plays afraid and not to lose vs playing to win.... and there you have the Bengals management. They manage the same way every year and it limits their peak on field success.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 08:53 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: Here’s my wishes for you

Free agency

Extend Dunlop and Atkins

Re-sign: Chris smith, Andre Smith, kevin Huber

Cut: Adam Jones

Sign: Center and linebacker

Draft: first 5 rounds
1) Derwin James- safety (trade back)
2) Isaiah Wynn-g/t/c
3) Brian O’Neill-tackle
4) Lowell luteilei- DT
5) Riley Furguson-Qb
5) Daniel Carlson-k

I would be happy with this. Someone mentioned Dennard being a FA, hadn't heard this before hope we sign him back
especially if we cut Adam's dead weight. Really love the Wynn pick here. He would be a great grab in the 2nd round.

Doubt some on these guys fall this far but yah never know. Good players fall every draft.
Reply/Quote