Elite at stunt rusher

WEAKNESSES:

Run defense is absolute trash
Issues with play recognition/hesitancy from time to time
Stands straight up way to much/leverage problems
Gets stuck on blocks to much
Needs to learn how to beat double teams

Conclusion:

I really like this prospect. Whoever gets him in the third round-early 4th is getting a day one producer and absolute steal in this draft. His lateral agility and range I would liken to a linebacker. That’s how quick and agile he is. He has a vast array of pass rush moves and he can combine 3-4 moves together on one pass rush set. Multiple ways to beat his man; but his go to moves are the inside fake combined with the outside swim, and the chop down combined with the spin. His spin is a thing of beauty. But what makes him special is his first step. He has the quickest first step I have ever seen. He’s in the backfield before the lineman even looks up most of the time. I cannot understate how quick his first step is. As games go on the lineman adjust to this by quickly lunging, and then jones hits them with the quick backstep and go. He is great at utilizing stunts, although he costs his team from time to time with the stunts. As far as his run defense, he has none. Zero. He should never be on the field on a running play unless you have a great run stuffing front 7. Constantly pushed back, stood up, and overall just lack of anything in the run game. In the pass game some things still concern me, as he stands up straight to much for my liking despite his natural leverage ability. He needs to learn to play closer to the field. He’s good at keeping hands off of him and when they land he has vicious hands that he can chop them off and down. His lower body strength however needs a lot of work, but he has the frame to put on about 10-15 lbs. of lower body muscle without losing the agility. He showed bouts of inconsistency/gassed, but nothing too worrisome. He has shown flashes of beating double teams, but needs a lot of work in that area. Overall he can play both 3-4 de and 4-3 dt at a very high level, but his best position would be a 4-3 dt. I expect him to be a 6-8 sack a year type guy, with a couple 11+ sack years thrown in. he would benefit from a good dline group to help him refine his technique but hell be a good-great dt in this league for years to come
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 08:19 AM)Jpoore Wrote: DREMONT JONES SCOUTING REPORT

Games watched: Maryland, Minnesota, tcu, Washington

STRENTHS:

Lateral agility
Actively fights off blocks
Strings together multiple pass rush moves with ease
Elite first step
Positional versatility
Motor
Elite at stunt rusher

WEAKNESSES:

Run defense is absolute trash
Issues with play recognition/hesitancy from time to time
Stands straight up way to much/leverage problems
Gets stuck on blocks to much
Needs to learn how to beat double teams

Conclusion:

I really like this prospect. Whoever gets him in the third round-early 4th is getting a day one producer and absolute steal in this draft. His lateral agility and range I would liken to a linebacker. That’s how quick and agile he is.  He has a vast array of pass rush moves and he can  combine 3-4 moves together on one pass rush set. Multiple ways to beat his man; but his go to moves are the inside fake combined with the outside swim, and the chop down combined with the spin. His spin is a thing of beauty. But what makes him special is his first step. He has the quickest first step I have ever seen. He’s in the backfield before the lineman even looks up most of the time. I cannot understate how quick his first step is. As games go on the lineman adjust to this by quickly lunging, and then jones hits them with the quick backstep and go. He is great at utilizing stunts, although he costs his team from time to time with the stunts. As far as his run defense, he has none. Zero. He should never be on the field on a running play unless you have a great run stuffing front 7.  Constantly pushed back, stood up, and overall just lack of anything in the run game. In the pass game some things still concern me, as he stands up straight to much for my liking despite his natural leverage ability. He needs to learn to play closer to the field. He’s good at keeping hands off of him and when they land he has vicious hands that he can chop them off and down. His lower body strength however needs a lot of work, but he has the frame to put on about 10-15 lbs. of lower body muscle without losing the agility. He showed bouts of inconsistency/gassed, but nothing too worrisome.  He has shown flashes of beating double teams, but needs a lot of work in that area. Overall he can play both 3-4 de and 4-3 dt at a very high level, but his best position would be a 4-3 dt. I expect him to be a 6-8 sack a year type guy, with a couple 11+ sack years thrown in. he would benefit from a good dline group to help him refine his technique but hell be a good-great dt in this league for years to come

I've seen others project him as a late-1st, early-2nd.
If he goes before the 3rd round, I assume you think that would be a reach? Or do you think he would fall to the 3rd because of the strength of the DT class that would push him down?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 01:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've seen others project him as a late-1st, early-2nd.
If he goes before the 3rd round, I assume you think that would be a reach? Or do you think he would fall to the 3rd because of the strength of the DT class that would push him down?

I think he falls due. To the strength of the class.. I'd have no problem taking him at 25 on.
Reply/Quote