Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
My favorite Steeler
Listening to Sirius NFL Radio and the topic is who should be in the HOF that is not. An unscheduled NFL player called in and said he would and has done everything he can and use what influence he has to get one player inducted to the HOF.

The caller: Mel Blount

The player: Ken Riley
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was one of the best in the business, so I'll take his word for it.

Would be nice if one of our Kenny's could get in the Hall.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Mel Blount was already my favorite Steeler. His last name alone was good enough. On top of that... He's a black cowboy...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I heard that. A guy from Atlanta called in that was a Bengals fan and asked what the league and the Hall have against the Bengals, as he put it "One lousy Bengal in the Hall".... Pat Kirwan and his co-host seemed shocked that there was only one. They started talking about Kenny Anderson, and then after Blount called in making the case for the Rattler, they looked up his stats and seemed shocked. Retired 35 years ago, and is still 5th in interceptions, with 8 pick 6's. Blount actually said it was somewhat embarrassing to be in the Hall as a Corner when Riley has not been inducted. The they looked at Anderson, and seemed shocked that in Kenny's last 5 years, he was 7-3 against the Steelers, who were in the Steel Curtain days. Blount told them when they played Anderson, they knew they better bring their game. Finally maybe our Kenny's can get some recognition …...
Reply/Quote
He should be the Steeler you hate the least, not your favorite. You should feel dirty even typing those words in the same sentence.

Reply/Quote
I do not look at Terry Bradshaw's Steelers in the same light as I do the rapists Stoolers…..
Reply/Quote
Good to see somebody pulling for Riley even if it is a Steeler.
Reply/Quote
He was consumate professional when he was here he had some nice plays in our wildcard loss to the Steelers. I'm referring to James Harrison
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 09:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I do not look at Terry Bradshaw's Steelers in the same light as I do the rapists Stoolers…..

Back then they were my second favorite team.  Always pulled for them when they weren't playing us.  But I was a kid, so...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Favorite and Steeler never go in the same sentence for me.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 10:25 AM)corpjet Wrote: Favorite and Steeler never go in the same sentence for me.......

They just did
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 11:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They just did

Oh snap!   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He should be the Steeler you hate the least, not your favorite. You should feel dirty even typing those words in the same sentence.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 09:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I heard that. A guy from Atlanta called in that was a Bengals fan and asked what the league and the Hall have against the Bengals, as he put it "One lousy Bengal in the Hall".... Pat Kirwan and his co-host seemed shocked that there was only one. They started talking about Kenny Anderson, and then after Blount called in making the case for the Rattler, they looked up his stats and seemed shocked. Retired 35 years ago, and is still 5th in interceptions, with 8 pick 6's. Blount actually said it was somewhat embarrassing to be in the Hall as a Corner when Riley has not been inducted. The they looked at Anderson, and seemed shocked that in Kenny's last 5 years, he was 7-3 against the Steelers, who were in the Steel Curtain days. Blount told them when they played Anderson, they knew they better bring their game. Finally maybe our Kenny's can get some recognition …...

Both Ken's are well deserving to be inducted into Hall for sure. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 12:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Both Ken's are well deserving to be inducted into Hall for sure. 

Yep, and I thought Anderson would surely be next,  but since there is a "Steeler" Gold Jacket pushing for Riley, it might be him. I heard Boomer is supposed to be presenter for Anderson's case this year. Hopefully both get in before they have to go in posthumously, because that would be a crime.
Reply/Quote
Don't like sound of this thread at all.

But i agree with the guy. Not all Steelers are dooshbags i guess...

BTW, WestCoastBengal's sig is frickin' hilarious right there. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 08:53 PM)jason Wrote: Mel Blount was already my favorite Steeler. His last name alone was good enough. On top of that... He's a black cowboy...

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 09:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I heard that. A guy from Atlanta called in that was a Bengals fan and asked what the league and the Hall have against the Bengals, as he put it "One lousy Bengal in the Hall".... Pat Kirwan and his co-host seemed shocked that there was only one. They started talking about Kenny Anderson, and then after Blount called in making the case for the Rattler, they looked up his stats and seemed shocked. Retired 35 years ago, and is still 5th in interceptions, with 8 pick 6's. Blount actually said it was somewhat embarrassing to be in the Hall as a Corner when Riley has not been inducted. The they looked at Anderson, and seemed shocked that in Kenny's last 5 years, he was 7-3 against the Steelers, who were in the Steel Curtain days. Blount told them when they played Anderson, they knew they better bring their game. Finally maybe our Kenny's can get some recognition …...

Paul Brown is in the hall.  

The Bengal organization also ignores their own past players, with no ring of honor and no statues.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 06:50 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Paul Brown is in the hall.  

The Bengal organization also ignores their own past players, with no ring of honor and no statues.

They definitely need to improve on this. Talk about feeling unappreciated. MB lightly tried to do something last year, but not anything like he should do.

Reply/Quote
I think the ban hammer should come down on anyone who says a nice thing about anything Steelers period.

Let the hammer swing!
Reply/Quote