Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My favorite feature
Well mYbe not 'feature' so to speak but I'm ecstatic lately when I see more 'guests' than members. That's not to mean I hope for less members or anything, it simply indicates this board is generating traffic, and that my dudes is awesome!

I was worried in the beginning. But I believe we will survive the long haul and before anyone realizes it, this board will be número uno in a search for 'Bengals message boards ( and forums ).

Just goes to show, it was never about the place as much as it is about the people.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 10:39 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Well mYbe not 'feature' so to speak but I'm ecstatic lately when I see more 'guests' than members. That's not to mean I hope for less members or anything, it simply indicates this board is generating traffic, and that my dudes is awesome!

I was worried in the beginning. But I believe we will survive the long haul and before anyone realizes it, this board will be número uno in a search for 'Bengals message boards ( and forums ).

Just goes to show, it was never about the place as much as it is about the people.

Yup. I noticed that throughout the day, traffic has been well above average. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Yeah. I mean the transition has been superb. Look no further than the 'more CLEAN and funny pictures' thread to gauge how well we have switched. I mean I appreciate the mods here and I think they're an outstanding group, but this board has a more relaxed CoC and yet our members follow the rules from the previous board without missing a step. It really is something to behold.

With that said, I wonder if we can have a dirty(er) version of said thread? lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 10:39 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Well mYbe not 'feature' so to speak but I'm ecstatic lately when I see more 'guests' than members. That's not to mean I hope for less members or anything, it simply indicates this board is generating traffic, and that my dudes is awesome!

Things are happening very quickly, to say the least. WhoDeyWho has done great work on the SEO side. If you search "bengals message board" on Google...we rank 5th on page 1, behind sites that have been around for years...while we've been around for about 5 weeks. We're also getting the word out on Twitter, and I know some members have posted the link around Facebook. 

I think the real growth will start once preseason games begin. 
Reply/Quote
Keep up the great work 'Holic and a shout out to WDW as well. I'm confident more and more members will join. I believe once the pre/season approaches you/we will know where this board is headed. That point will tell the tale.

I don't twit but those that do, please keep up the work. It really is appreciated as I believe all members ( and guests ) here would echo.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 11:07 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Keep up the great work 'Holic and a shout out to WDW as well. I'm confident more and more members will join. I believe once the pre/season approaches you/we will know where this board is headed. That point will tell the tale.

I don't twit but those that do, please keep up the work. It really is appreciated as I believe all members ( and guests ) here would echo.

I'm amazed at how quickly this site has grown.  And I expect nothing but it continuing to grow in the future.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 10:56 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Yeah. I mean the transition has been superb. Look no further than the 'more CLEAN and funny pictures' thread to gauge how well we have switched. I mean I appreciate the mods here and I think they're an outstanding group, but this board has a more relaxed CoC and yet our members follow the rules from the previous board without missing a step. It really is something to behold.

With that said, I wonder if we can have a dirty(er) version of said thread? lol.

[Image: 38wzB.gif]
Reply/Quote
My favorite feature is the one that lets us see what everyone is doing while they post.

Ninja

PS, DA, please put your pants on.
Reply/Quote
I think "some" of the guests are Google & Bing bots collecting posts to add to search que's. I could be wrong though.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 02:56 PM)magikod Wrote: I think "some" of the guests are Google & Bing bots collecting posts to add to search que's. I could be wrong though.

I have it set up so that the search bots (Google and Bing) and the social media bots (Facebook and Twitter) identify themselves when they are on the site, and show up first in the "Who's Online" section at the bottom when they're on, which is usually a few times during each day. While the bots are technically a guest, they aren't listed as part of the "guest" number.

For instance, as I type this, we have 106 "users"...2 bots, 38 members, 66 guests. 
Reply/Quote