Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My final Mock
Wink 
Outside of a couple depth pieces the bengals offense is ready to go. I went heavy defense early as not only the roster but the draft somewhat forces that too. SOMEWHAT.

Round 1. Johnny Newton DT Illinois.
An unstoppable force. With Warren Sapp and Geno Atkins written all over him. Dudes get off is like a hybrid end and his power is like a Mack Truck. He gives us that dominant defender in the line the good teams all have. He can play NT the 3 u can move em wherever u wanna wreck lives.

Round 2. Chris Braswell DE Alabama.
A high motor high energy relentless pass rusher who plays through the whistle. If his first move didn’t work he was gone with his second. He identifies quickly and is quick in transition. Even if initially engaged. He’s a freak athlete with a ton of juice and power to take over for Ossai and provide even more of a relentless pass rush in addition to Murphy and Hendrickson. We have to get after the passer if we wanna compete. It’s that simple.

Round 3. Maason Smith DT LSU.
I’ve read comparisons to Stephen Tuitt. That was almost enough for me. Then I watched his tape and looked at his measurables. The guy has Bengal Written all over him. U wanna tell me our dline would be rankins Newton smith and hill with Hendrickson murphy braswell and Hubbard. Woah. No we talking.

Round 3. (comp) Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame.
A five star recruit who was essentially dominant his entire career at Notre dame except for a game where he was benched upon his return he allowed only 2 hurries the remainder of the season. He’s massive and is perfect fit to slide in behind Trent brown at right tackle provide good depth and be the franchise starter at years end at right tackle. If we do not go tackle in 1 Fisher is by far my favorite over any other tackle to play behind Trent brown providing solid depth throughout the season AND be the starter the following year.

Round 4. Brenden Rice WR USC.
It’s my strong opinion that tee is gonna be with us this season however at seasons end tee is gone. Is what it is. Insert Brenden Rice. The greatest wide receiver to ever play son. I’m a strong believer in pedigree I don’t see how this kid at his size weight and speed wont turn into a very good pro. He’s got the work ethic and iq he will have the qb in burrow and the guys around him to take the next level along with his pops in his ear. 4 wide with chase Higgins Charlie jones in the slot and rice working as well would be a sight. Highest upside imo hearing with rice at WR.

Round 5. Zach Zinter OG Michigan.
There needs to be competition at LG. This selection is an unfortunate truth yet again that the bengals really struggle selecting offensive lineman and then developing them. Bring in Zinter put em at left guard and may the best man win. Either way it’s more depth on an offensive line that must remain solid regardless of injury.

Round 6. Walter Rouse OT Oklahoma
Rouse give me us more depth and maybe pushes out the offensive tackle that shouldn’t even be rostered. We need offensive line depth idk if I’ve noticed my trend but Rouse produced a strong career at Stanford before transferring to play across from Guyton, giving Oklahoma maybe the best offensive tackle duo in the nation. Rouse is a good athlete at left tackle, allowing him to handle stunts and a variety of pass rusher types. His biggest impact is as a run blocker, where his reach and leg drive gives him the ability for violent finishes.

Round 7. Dillon Johnson RB Washington
Really like Zach Moss and Chase Brown. But after that…. Then what? Dillon Johnson can do it all. He’s a heavy hard runner that isn’t necessarily a freak athlete but runs hard holds on to the ball can run u over or make u kiss and catches the ball out the backfield. He’s big enough to tote the rock for a full load in case someone goes down and can spell either one with his versatility. Johnson here is a no brainer for me.

Round 7. Evan Anderson DT FAU
This dude is tough to move. He may not go far forward but regardless of double team or not ur not moving him back. We don’t have a true NT on the roster to this point so I say bring evans and Topou in and see who wants it. Josh us been solid for us so if Evan wants to beat em out let’s see it. (Btw I see us bring Topou in for camp post draft)

Round 7. Austin McNamara P Texas Tech
I want a dude that can bomb it. Who can win us the field position battle with one kick. McPherson is a power style kicker and although he makes u scratch ur head every once in a while he’s a fricken weapon because of his powe. We even sniff the 40 and we can get three. I want that same power advantage at punter. The three and outa deep in ur own territory happen…and I’d like to have someone put it deep in their end. That sounds bad. But i think id be good lol

This my final Mock. There’s a few different scenarios where this could play out differently and I’d still be happy but this to me my favorite way they could go.
Who Dey!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 01:58 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Outside of a couple depth pieces the bengals offense is ready to go.  I went heavy defense early as not only the roster but the draft somewhat forces that too.  SOMEWHAT.

Round 1.  Johnny Newton DT Illinois.
An unstoppable force.  With Warren Sapp and Geno Atkins written all over him.  Dudes get off is like a hybrid end and his power is like a Mack Truck.  He gives us that dominant defender in the line the good teams all have.  He can play NT the 3 u can move em wherever u wanna wreck lives.

Round 2.  Chris Braswell DE Alabama.
A high motor high energy relentless pass rusher who plays through the whistle.  If his first move didn’t work he was gone with his second.  He identifies quickly and is quick in transition.  Even if initially engaged. He’s a freak athlete with a ton of juice and power to take over for Ossai and provide even more of a relentless pass rush in addition to Murphy and Hendrickson.  We have to get after the passer if we wanna compete.  It’s that simple.

Round 3.  Maason Smith DT LSU.
I’ve read comparisons to Stephen Tuitt.  That was almost enough for me.  Then I watched his tape and looked at his measurables.  The guy has Bengal Written all over him.  U wanna tell me our dline would be rankins Newton smith and hill with Hendrickson murphy braswell and Hubbard.  Woah.  No we talking.

A five star recruit who was essentially dominant his entire career at Notre dame except for a game where he was benched upon his return he allowed only 2 hurries the remainder of the season.  He’s massive and is perfect fit to slide in behind Trent brown at right tackle provide good depth and be the franchise starter at years end at right tackle.  If we do not go tackle in 1 Fisher is by far my favorite over any other tackle to play behind Trent brown providing solid depth throughout the season AND be the starter the following year.  

It’s my strong opinion that tee is gonna be with us this season however at seasons end tee is gone.  Is what it is.  Insert Brenden Rice.  The greatest wide receiver to ever play son.  I’m a strong believer in pedigree I don’t see how this kid at his size weight and speed wont turn into a very good pro.  He’s got the work ethic and iq he will have the qb in burrow and the guys around him to take the next level along with his pops in his ear.  4 wide with chase Higgins Charlie jones in the slot and rice working as well would be a sight.  Highest upside imo hearing with rice at WR.

There needs to be competition at LG.  This selection is an unfortunate truth yet again that the bengals really struggle selecting offensive lineman and then developing them.  Bring in Zinter put em at left guard and may the best man win.  Either way it’s more depth on an offensive line that must remain solid regardless of injury.  

Rouse give me us more depth and maybe pushes out the offensive tackle that shouldn’t even be rostered.  We need offensive line depth idk if I’ve noticed my trend but Rouse produced a strong career at Stanford before transferring to play across from Guyton, giving Oklahoma maybe the best offensive tackle duo in the nation. Rouse is a good athlete at left tackle, allowing him to handle stunts and a variety of pass rusher types. His biggest impact is as a run blocker, where his reach and leg drive gives him the ability for violent finishes.

Really like Zach Moss and Chase Brown.  But after that…. Then what?  Dillon Johnson can do it all.  He’s a heavy hard runner that isn’t necessarily a freak athlete but runs hard holds on to the ball can run u over or make u kiss and catches the ball out the backfield.  He’s big enough to tote the rock for a full load in case someone goes down and can spell either one with his versatility.  Johnson here is a no brainer for me.

This dude is tough to move.  He may not go far forward but regardless of double team or not ur not moving him back.  We don’t have a true NT on the roster to this point so I say bring evans and Topou in and see who wants it.  Josh us been solid for us so if Evan wants to beat em out let’s see it.  (Btw I see us bring Topou in for camp post draft)

I want a dude that can bomb it.  Who can win us the field position battle with one kick.  McPherson is a power style kicker and although he makes u scratch ur head every once in a while he’s a fricken weapon because of his powe.  We even sniff the 40 and we can get three.  I want that same power advantage at punter.  The three and outa deep in ur own territory happen…and I’d like to have someone put it deep in their end.  That sounds bad.  But i think id be good lol

This my final Mock.  There’s a few different scenarios where this could play out differently and I’d still be happy but this to me my favorite way they could go.  
Who Dey!!!

I don't know if Fisher will realistically last until the late 3rd round, but if he does that's incredible. I think he would serve the team very well as a back up OT (who will likely start at least a portion of the year due to Trent Brown's injury history) who could compete for starting RT in 2025. I've seen him getting mid 2nd round buzz recently though.

I LOVE Newton and Anderson as a DT combo for the future and I really like Rice as a WR who has potential to take over for Higgins in 2025. Braswell and Smith seem a little bit like overkill on the Dline, but with the rotation that DLines typically have, it couldn't hurt.  Overall, I'd be very happy with this draft, but I think by 97, Fisher would be the last OT I'd be comfortable with as a likely starter in this draft class, which makes me think he won't make it all the way to 97. In the worst case scenario, I imagine someone would trade in front of us to pluck the final OT with day 1 starter capability/expectation.
Reply/Quote
Wait a minute...

Waiting until the late 3rd round to take a Tackle? Don't expect Blake Fisher to be around that late either...

This would scare me if it started out like this, love the players of course, but going all Defense the first 3 picks would really
surprise me after going Defense the last Draft early as well. I mean, in the end it looks pretty good if Blake Fisher falls that
far, just don't see it. If Johnny Newton is the pick at 18 I expect us to trade up in the 2nd round and take a Tackle like Roger
Rosengarten or Kingsley Suamataia rather than taking an End even if I like Braswell.

Love the players though like I said. If you told me we got all these players I would be very happy with it. Love Newton, Fisher,
Maason Smith, Rice, Zinter, Dillon Johnson, Rouse, McNamara and Anderson. Getting Braswell on top of it all it actually looks
pretty great lol
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 01:58 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Outside of a couple depth pieces the bengals offense is ready to go.  I went heavy defense early as not only the roster but the draft somewhat forces that too.  SOMEWHAT.

Round 1.  Johnny Newton DT Illinois.
An unstoppable force.  With Warren Sapp and Geno Atkins written all over him.  Dudes get off is like a hybrid end and his power is like a Mack Truck.  He gives us that dominant defender in the line the good teams all have.  He can play NT the 3 u can move em wherever u wanna wreck lives.

Round 2.  Chris Braswell DE Alabama.
A high motor high energy relentless pass rusher who plays through the whistle.  If his first move didn’t work he was gone with his second.  He identifies quickly and is quick in transition.  Even if initially engaged. He’s a freak athlete with a ton of juice and power to take over for Ossai and provide even more of a relentless pass rush in addition to Murphy and Hendrickson.  We have to get after the passer if we wanna compete.  It’s that simple.

Round 3.  Maason Smith DT LSU.
I’ve read comparisons to Stephen Tuitt.  That was almost enough for me.  Then I watched his tape and looked at his measurables.  The guy has Bengal Written all over him.  U wanna tell me our dline would be rankins Newton smith and hill with Hendrickson murphy braswell and Hubbard.  Woah.  No we talking.

A five star recruit who was essentially dominant his entire career at Notre dame except for a game where he was benched upon his return he allowed only 2 hurries the remainder of the season.  He’s massive and is perfect fit to slide in behind Trent brown at right tackle provide good depth and be the franchise starter at years end at right tackle.  If we do not go tackle in 1 Fisher is by far my favorite over any other tackle to play behind Trent brown providing solid depth throughout the season AND be the starter the following year.  

It’s my strong opinion that tee is gonna be with us this season however at seasons end tee is gone.  Is what it is.  Insert Brenden Rice.  The greatest wide receiver to ever play son.  I’m a strong believer in pedigree I don’t see how this kid at his size weight and speed wont turn into a very good pro.  He’s got the work ethic and iq he will have the qb in burrow and the guys around him to take the next level along with his pops in his ear.  4 wide with chase Higgins Charlie jones in the slot and rice working as well would be a sight.  Highest upside imo hearing with rice at WR.

There needs to be competition at LG.  This selection is an unfortunate truth yet again that the bengals really struggle selecting offensive lineman and then developing them.  Bring in Zinter put em at left guard and may the best man win.  Either way it’s more depth on an offensive line that must remain solid regardless of injury.  

Rouse give me us more depth and maybe pushes out the offensive tackle that shouldn’t even be rostered.  We need offensive line depth idk if I’ve noticed my trend but Rouse produced a strong career at Stanford before transferring to play across from Guyton, giving Oklahoma maybe the best offensive tackle duo in the nation. Rouse is a good athlete at left tackle, allowing him to handle stunts and a variety of pass rusher types. His biggest impact is as a run blocker, where his reach and leg drive gives him the ability for violent finishes.

Really like Zach Moss and Chase Brown.  But after that…. Then what?  Dillon Johnson can do it all.  He’s a heavy hard runner that isn’t necessarily a freak athlete but runs hard holds on to the ball can run u over or make u kiss and catches the ball out the backfield.  He’s big enough to tote the rock for a full load in case someone goes down and can spell either one with his versatility.  Johnson here is a no brainer for me.

This dude is tough to move.  He may not go far forward but regardless of double team or not ur not moving him back.  We don’t have a true NT on the roster to this point so I say bring evans and Topou in and see who wants it.  Josh us been solid for us so if Evan wants to beat em out let’s see it.  (Btw I see us bring Topou in for camp post draft)

I want a dude that can bomb it.  Who can win us the field position battle with one kick.  McPherson is a power style kicker and although he makes u scratch ur head every once in a while he’s a fricken weapon because of his powe.  We even sniff the 40 and we can get three.  I want that same power advantage at punter.  The three and outa deep in ur own territory happen…and I’d like to have someone put it deep in their end.  That sounds bad.  But i think id be good lol

This my final Mock.  There’s a few different scenarios where this could play out differently and I’d still be happy but this to me my favorite way they could go.  
Who Dey!!!

Absolutely love Maason Smith. Like you said, just watch his tape. His power is second to none. Greatest wingspan in the class (84.5") and it shows on the field. He'd be such a coup. 

Also love Brenden. Wish he was getting more attention from us. He's better than his brothers and, as crazy as it sounds, he actually moves like his dad. Doesn't mean he's got the same X factor, obviously, and I don't want to overhype him. But he's less Bronny James than Peyton Manning, and he'll be a solid pro. I think we'd be lucky to land him.  

If I had to pick one I don't like, I'd say Zinter. Not just the injury issue. Everything I've read says that even when healthy, he thrives more in power gap schemes than wide zones like ours. But to be fair, with Mixon gone, who knows what our running game will look like.  

Great mock.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 06:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wait a minute...

Waiting until the late 3rd round to take a Tackle? Don't expect Blake Fisher to be around that late either...

This would scare me if it started out like this, love the players of course, but going all Defense the first 3 picks would really
surprise me after going Defense the last Draft early as well. I mean, in the end it looks pretty good if Blake Fisher falls that
far, just don't see it. If Johnny Newton is the pick at 18 I expect us to trade up in the 2nd round and take a Tackle like Roger
Rosengarten or Kingsley Suamataia rather than taking an End even if I like Braswell.

Love the players though like I said. If you told me we got all these players I would be very happy with it. Love Newton, Fisher,
Maason Smith, Rice, Zinter, Dillon Johnson, Rouse, McNamara and Anderson. Getting Braswell on top of it all it actually looks
pretty great lol

Hendrickson wants out I’ll stick with going dline heavy. Braswell was just a BPA and if I’m getting (I know I’m hindsight) Blake Fisher where I am it all works out and now with Hendrickson wanting out Murphy a mystery Hubbard no pass rush pass rush us to be prioritized even more now.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 05:54 PM)CJD Wrote: I don't know if Fisher will realistically last until the late 3rd round, but if he does that's incredible. I think he would serve the team very well as a back up OT (who will likely start at least a portion of the year due to Trent Brown's injury history) who could compete for starting RT in 2025. I've seen him getting mid 2nd round buzz recently though.

I LOVE Newton and Anderson as a DT combo for the future and I really like Rice as a WR who has potential to take over for Higgins in 2025. Braswell and Smith seem a little bit like overkill on the Dline, but with the rotation that DLines typically have, it couldn't hurt.  Overall, I'd be very happy with this draft, but I think by 97, Fisher would be the last OT I'd be comfortable with as a likely starter in this draft class, which makes me think he won't make it all the way to 97. In the worst case scenario, I imagine someone would trade in front of us to pluck the final OT with day 1 starter capability/expectation.

I know the only question mark here is fisher. If he’s there take em. And he could be depends on if the major run on tackles goes and when. Now with this Hendrickson news tho we are so f’d. Completely unknown it’s a mess. They need to pay Hendrickson or something I don’t know trade him for someone but who or a pick idk
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 06:54 PM)tms Wrote: Absolutely love Maason Smith. Like you said, just watch his tape. His power is second to none. Greatest wingspan in the class (84.5") and it shows on the field. He'd be such a coup. 

Also love Brenden. Wish he was getting more attention from us. He's better than his brothers and, as crazy as it sounds, he actually moves like his dad. Doesn't mean he's got the same X factor, obviously, and I don't want to overhype him. But he's less Bronny James than Peyton Manning, and he'll be a solid pro. I think we'd be lucky to land him.  

If I had to pick one I don't like, I'd say Zinter. Not just the injury issue. Everything I've read says that even when healthy, he thrives more in power gap schemes than wide zones like ours. But to be fair, with Mixon gone, who knows what our running game will look like.  

Great mock.

Zinter was the best rated guard at the pick although I probably should’ve went with my gut in Cohen. But we just need depth guard and a possible replacement for Volson which I think we’d have in either Zinter or Cohen. But I feel u and I hate injury history
Reply/Quote
Starting to look more and more like the mock we need now after the Hendrickson news. I know some said fisher at 97 is a long shot. Did another mock this morning and the first 7 went
Murphy
Braswell
Blake Fisher
Maason Smith
Brenden Rice
Mason McCormick
Javion Cohen

Those 7 alone solve massive problems on this team currently.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 08:08 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Hendrickson wants out I’ll stick with going dline heavy.  Braswell was just a BPA and if I’m getting (I know I’m hindsight) Blake Fisher where I am it all works out and now with Hendrickson wanting out Murphy a mystery Hubbard no pass rush pass rush us to be prioritized even more now.

Oh it makes a ton more sense after the Trey news. This is a good Mock.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 03:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh it makes a ton more sense after the Trey news. This is a good Mock.

Can’t believe Trey man… this has the potential to kill our draft/plan/season. I really hope it’s a simple fix like jones for the chiefs oe that it just goes away. U can’t just replace 17.5 sacks
Reply/Quote