Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My final mock
We trade with Miami and get their three first round picks plus a second and a first next year.
Also made a trade with Carolina in the second and acquired another 3rd.

1. Justin Herbert QB Oregon
1. Terrell Lewis LB/DE Alabama
1. Laviska Shenault Jr. WR Colorado
2. Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
2. Malik Harrison LB Ohio State
3. Damon Arnette CB Ohio State
3. Kyle Duggar S Lenoir-Ryne
4. Calvin Throckmorton OT/OG Oregon
5. Raekwon Williams DT Michigan State
6. Clay Johnston LB Baylor
7. Tre Sermon RB Oklahoma

This would be a haul of talent. My final mock, this would be my best case scenario. Wouldn’t even care about FA
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 07:13 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: We trade with Miami and get their three first round picks plus a second and a first next year.

This would be a haul of talent. My final mock, this would be my best case scenario. Wouldn’t even care about FA
Sorry, you lost me at trading away a franchise QB that has intangibles that can't be taught....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 07:13 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: We trade with Miami and get their three first round picks plus a second and a first next year.

This would be a haul of talent.  My final mock, this would be my best case scenario.  Wouldn’t even care about FA

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see the Dolphins giving up 3 1st rounders this year plus a 1st and 2nd next year to trade up from 5 to 1.
The 3 1st rounders this year is still more than enough value according to NFL trade value chart.

With that said, it would bring in a load of talent if it happened.
And you're right...with that many Day 1 and Day 2 picks, you should get enough talent without needing to worry too much about FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
IF we stay at #5 in your scenario, we aren't getting Herbert. EVERYONE knows the Bengals need a QB - especially after saying they will work with Dalton to trade him.

So, here's what will likely happen:

1. Dolphins - Tua
3. Trade - Burrow
4. Trade - Herbert

The reality is that even if we take Miami up on a deal, we will almost certainly have to give up one of those #1 picks to move back up to #3 to get Burrow or Tua. So, the real question becomes - do you think it's worth trading the #1 overall pick for #3 and #18?
Reply/Quote
Dolphins want Burrow badly. If we can get their 3 #1s I’d take it in a heart beat. Also the bengals have said they loved Herbert. Mike brown loves the tall big armed franchise style qb which is Herbert. I’d take the trade no question and do a haul of picks like this.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 12:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF we stay at #5 in your scenario, we aren't getting Herbert.  EVERYONE knows the Bengals need a QB - especially after saying they will work with Dalton to trade him.

1.  Dolphins - Tua
3.  Trade - Burrow
4.  Trade - Herbert

The reality is that even if we take Miami up on a deal, we will almost certainly have to give up one of those #1 picks to move back up to #3 to get Burrow or Tua.  So, the real question becomes - do you think it's worth trading the #1 overall pick for #3 and #18?
Herbert isn't good though he'll be there at 5.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2020, 10:37 PM)J24 Wrote: Herbert isn't good though he'll be there at 5.

That's not the way the draft works though.  The best players don't go in order.

IF we somehow traded down, Burrow would go 1, Tua probably 3.  If that's the case, EVERYBODY in the draft knows the Bengals are need to take a QB.  Somebody will move up to #4 to get Herbert.  The same thing will happen to the Dolphins.

That being said, I could see the real curveball coming in the draft when 4 QBs go in the top 5
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 01:09 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's not the way the draft works though.  The best players don't go in order.

IF we somehow traded down, Burrow would go 1, Tua probably 3.  If that's the case, EVERYBODY in the draft knows the Bengals are need to take a QB.  Somebody will move up to #4 to get Herbert.  The same thing will happen to the Dolphins.

That being said, I could see the real curveball coming in the draft when 4 QBs go in the top 5

Who do you see as the 4th QB?
Reply/Quote
Honestly if we trade out of 1, and don’t get Joe or Tua, I’d pass on the rest of the QBs, start Finley, and take Lawrence or Fields next season.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 02:05 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Who do you see as the 4th QB?

As much as I disagree with it - Jordan Love.

Once the run on QBs starts, guys start to panic and move up.  IF Miami stands at #5 and Tua goes #3 and someone jumps to 4 (San Diego, Indy, Oakland, Carolina) then they know they can't wait to #18
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2020, 05:49 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Dolphins want Burrow badly.  If we can get their 3 #1s I’d take it in a heart beat.  Also the bengals have said they loved Herbert.  Mike brown loves the tall big armed franchise style qb which is Herbert.  I’d take the trade no question and do a haul of picks like this.

If they did that they may as well stick with Dalton and draft defense, because Herbert has NFL bust written all over him imo. He measures up on paper, but this dude does not really pass the eye test on the field much. He's a shotgun dink and dunk QB who most of his yards came after the catch. He plays not to lose instead of playing to win and his personality is not leader-like at all. Herbert is going to struggle just winning over veteran teammates to view him as a leader of men. I cannot see that dude sticking in the NFL. It would definitely be a Mike Brown thing to do however.
Reply/Quote

This would be a haul of talent.  My final mock, this would be my best case scenario.  Wouldn’t even care about FA

You generally do not impress me with your football knowledge or even mindedness.  Thank you for reinforcing my opinion of you.  Picking a 5th round QB in the 1st round makes me think you're a Browns fan.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 12:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF we stay at #5 in your scenario, we aren't getting Herbert.  EVERYONE knows the Bengals need a QB - especially after saying they will work with Dalton to trade him.

1.  Dolphins - Tua
3.  Trade - Burrow
4.  Trade - Herbert

The reality is that even if we take Miami up on a deal, we will almost certainly have to give up one of those #1 picks to move back up to #3 to get Burrow or Tua.  So, the real question becomes - do you think it's worth trading the #1 overall pick for #3 and #18?

This is NOT going to happen,Burrow is our man,period and then we draft defensive players 2-4,please believe this,I know this for a FACT,JACK!!!!!Besides the qb Herbert will get homesick for the west coast,just like carson j-o did and he will want to go home.Take Ohio man Burrow and LETS GO.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 06:43 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This is NOT going to happen,Burrow is our man,period and then we draft defensive players 2-4,please believe this,I know this for a FACT,JACK!!!!!Besides the qb Herbert will get homesick for the west coast,just like carson j-o did and he will want to go home.Take Ohio man Burrow and LETS GO.

HAhahahahhahahahahahha defense 2-4 and knows for a fact lmao
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 09:24 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: HAhahahahhahahahahahha defense 2-4 and knows for a fact lmao

Well, the Bengals are officially now a 3-4 base.  That is going to require a shift in personnel sets among players added to the team, and perhaps some that are existing will be released.  It's actually pretty significant.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 06:46 PM)bengaloo Wrote: If they did that they may as well stick with Dalton and draft defense, because Herbert has NFL bust written all over him imo. He measures up on paper, but this dude does not really pass the eye test on the field much. He's a shotgun dink and dunk QB who most of his yards came after the catch. He plays not to lose instead of playing to win and his personality is not leader-like at all. Herbert is going to struggle just winning over veteran teammates to view him as a leader of men. I cannot see that dude sticking in the NFL. It would definitely be a Mike Brown thing to do however.

Remember, Mike Brown wanted Ryan Mallett too until Jay Gruden convinced him otherwise.
If Mike Brown ran the draft, it'd be a bunch of big, tall guys with elite traits but raw/flaws.

It'd be better if Mike Brown left the draft in the hands of professionals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Gotta give credit where credit is due. You predicted this would be your final mock and damned if you weren’t right about that shit. Good job.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 06:43 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This is NOT going to happen,Burrow is our man,period and then we draft defensive players 2-4,please believe this,I know this for a FACT,JACK!!!!!Besides the qb Herbert will get homesick for the west coast,just like carson j-o did and he will want to go home.Take Ohio man Burrow and LETS GO.

I will make a friendly bet that we use at least one pick in 2-4 on an offensive player.  In fact, I wouldn't be shocked to see 2 offensive guys come in 2-4.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 02:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Gotta give credit where credit is due. You predicted this would be your final mock and damned if you weren’t right about that shit. Good job.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote