Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first ever mocks....don't come down on me too hard!
So, I went with two different scenarios, one with White, one with Ford.  Here's what I was left with....

Mock 1:

RD 1    LB Devin White  LSU

RD 2    G Michael Deiter Wisconsin

RD 3    LB Mack Wilson Bama

RD 4    DL Demarcus Christmas FSU

RD 5    WR Hunter Renfrow Clemson

RD 6    TE CJ Conrad Kentucky

RD 6    OT Dennis Daly South Carolina

RD 6    WR Denzel Mims Baylor

RD 6    RB Bryce Love Stanford

RD 6    OT Isaiah Prince OSU

RD 7    CB Iman Marshall USC

Mock 2:

RD 1    OT Cody Ford Oklahoma

RD 2    LB Mack Wilson Bama

RD 3    G Chris Lindstrom BC

RD 4   WR Jalen Hurd Baylor

RD 5   OT Dennis Daley South Carolina

RD 6   CB Derrick Baity Kentucky

RD 6   DL Dontavius Russell Auburn

RD 6   TE Tyler Petite USC

RD 6   LB Gary Johnson Texas

RD 6   WR Gary Jennings WVU

RD 7   QB Easton Stick North Dakota State

Gotta love those comp picks! Mellow  Done with fanspeak....probably not the best site, but the firewall here let me in....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The 2nd is a tad more realistic as to where I see guys projected to go, but strange stuff happens with sims(and in the real draft, for that matter).

The first one is fine, assuming we get a FA T, except I really don't see Deiter being worth a 2nd. Getting Wilson in 3 helps cancel that out, though. I personally hate Prince, but maybe a great OL coach can get something out of his potential.

The 2nd is pretty good overall. Ford is probably a reach at 11, but you're probably going to need to reach to get a rookie starting T this year. Mack and Lindstrom check obvious need boxes. You probably have 3 day 1 starters, depending on FA, with your first 3 picks. I would personally like to see TE higher in both, but sometimes the sims just don't fall that way.
Reply/Quote
I'd go with mock #2. I'd give my thoughts, but I'm drinkin' right now.. LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 12:24 AM)Whatever Wrote: The 2nd is a tad more realistic as to where I see guys projected to go, but strange stuff happens with sims(and in the real draft, for that matter).

The first one is fine, assuming we get a FA T, except I really don't see Deiter being worth a 2nd.  Getting Wilson in 3 helps cancel that out, though.  I personally hate Prince, but maybe a great OL coach can get something out of his potential.

The 2nd is pretty good overall.  Ford is probably a reach at 11, but you're probably going to need to reach to get a rookie starting T this year.  Mack and Lindstrom check obvious need boxes. You probably have 3 day 1 starters, depending on FA, with your first 3 picks. I would personally like to see TE higher in both, but sometimes the sims just don't fall that way.

I was iffy there myself, but in that particular sim, oline was flying off the board left and right, so I panicked....lol.

Prince has a lot of question marks....I took the flyer based on what you said that we had gotten a T in FA.

Thanks for your insight and analysis.  I did a couple more that were totally unrealistic and got some really wild results, and one with Haskins sitting there at 11 that actually yielded some decent picks.

Reply/Quote
Mock 2 as well.

I would hope/expect the Bengals could get three immediate good starters from that draft in Ford, Wilson, and Lindstrom.
Add a LB and maybe a TE in FA and I think the Bengals could get back to a winning season with Mock 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 12:24 AM)Whatever Wrote: The 2nd is a tad more realistic as to where I see guys projected to go, but strange stuff happens with sims(and in the real draft, for that matter).

The first one is fine, assuming we get a FA T, except I really don't see Deiter being worth a 2nd.  Getting Wilson in 3 helps cancel that out, though.  I personally hate Prince, but maybe a great OL coach can get something out of his potential.

The 2nd is pretty good overall.  Ford is probably a reach at 11, but you're probably going to need to reach to get a rookie starting T this year.  Mack and Lindstrom check obvious need boxes. You probably have 3 day 1 starters, depending on FA, with your first 3 picks. I would personally like to see TE higher in both, but sometimes the sims just don't fall that way.

If our new coach addresses the O-line first in this draft,I know I am going to like this guy.That is by far the biggest glaring weakness we have and he better see that,otherwise he is not what we want.Andy Dalton cannot be a top qb if he is running for his life and Dalton should be in the draft room helping with the draft,after all its his butt that needs protected and he should by all means have a say in this.And tell Duke Tobin to shave that ugly stinkin beard, it looks awlful.Whats with these dudes with all this face hair,are they too lazy to dress up and look good ?stinkin ugly to me.All these dudes that try to grow a nice beard need to learn how to wear it right. Just sayin,WHO-DEY ALL DAY. I love the Bengal fans on here.All you folks are awesome and deserve a winning team.Hopefully we are on the right road to success. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I guess i am in the minority but i like the first mock the best. Getting White, Wilson and Dieter would be awesome especially if we got a Tackle in FA. Also like Renfrow. You must like Christmas since he is a Nole, i know nothing about him, is he an End or a DT?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess i am in the minority but i like the first mock the best. Getting White, Wilson and Dieter would be awesome especially if we got a Tackle in FA. Also like Renfrow. You must like Christmas since he is a Nole, i know nothing about him, is he an End or a DT?

He a big ole space eating DT with a tiny bit of push in the passing game. Solid player and a team leader.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 05:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He a big ole space eating DT with a tiny bit of push in the passing game. Solid player and a team leader.

Awesome, thanks. I Like the pick then.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess i am in the minority but i like the first mock the best. Getting White, Wilson and Dieter would be awesome especially if we got a Tackle in FA. Also like Renfrow. You must like Christmas since he is a Nole, i know nothing about him, is he an End or a DT?

That would be mine, too. I don't dislike Ford, I just don't think there's an OT in the draft worth #11. If we trade back and took him, then ok. I'd rather use the spot for a defensive guy (there should be outstanding value at LB or DL there), and try to fix the line in the long-term.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess i am in the minority but i like the first mock the best. Getting White, Wilson and Dieter would be awesome especially if we got a Tackle in FA. Also like Renfrow. You must like Christmas since he is a Nole, i know nothing about him, is he an End or a DT?

(02-06-2019, 05:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He a big ole space eating DT with a tiny bit of push in the passing game. Solid player and a team leader.

^^^^This Nate....he's not a splash player, but he is a good block eater that plays hard.  As Yojimbo noted, he was a leader on a team sorely lacking them.  I'd love him in the 4th.

Reply/Quote
What a hack!!! Just kidding, I like both drafts!
Reply/Quote